4th round pick prediction | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4th round pick prediction

Philly could grab Fason at the top of the fourth round. For those of you screaming for offensive linemen, there appears to be good value for offensive linemen at the top of the fourth round. Three players rated in the top 66 picks are available.

Jason Brown, C, North Carolina - Rated the 58th best player in the draft by PFW.
Ray Willis, OT, Florida State - Rated the 60th best player in the draft by PFW.
Elton Brown, OG, Virginia - Rated the 66th best player in the draft by PFW.

These are big guys too that fit Hudson Houck's style of linemen.

Blitz said:
Picking McPherson would be a very stupid pick. He's not going to amount to anything in the NFL. In the character department he's practically Cecil Collins Part 2, and he's about as accurate as Joe Namath would be today after drinking a few glasses of scotch.

Fason would do more for our club this season than McPherson would in his entire NFL career (And it's going to be an extremely short career).
So you suggest picking another RB? Brilliant. We have RB depth, we didn't have a franchise back...

Jaj said:
So you suggest picking another RB? Brilliant.

RB - Ronnie Brown, Ciatrick Fason, Lamar Gordon
FB - Sammy Morris, Heath Evans

That's pretty damn impressive.

Far more impressive than this:

QB - AJ Feeley, Gus Frerotte, Adrian McPherson

Let's stack our backfield and hammer away. Like I said, imagine what we could do with Brown, Fason, McMichael, Booker, and Chambers on the field at the same time on third downs. Teams would have no idea what we're going to do. Linehan's options would be virtually limitless, especially if we're able to bring back Boston for the minimum.

sports24/7 said:
I still think it should be McPherson or Orton if they are there. Both of them have the talent to become good starting QB's eventually. Whether they will or not is a different story. But if you get a chance on potential like that in the 4th at the QB position you need to take it.

I agree, everyone has been saying all week how we would love to have McPherson, but did not want to give up anything higher than a 3rd. Now here we are going into day two, 4th round and he is still there. I see him closer to a Duante Culpepper type QB. Big, fast, and monster arm. In Linehan's system, could he be another Culpepper? Would LOVE to find out!!!!!!:)

McPherson is the pick I want to see in Rd. 4, he`s got more upside than Orton or LeFors (who`s way too small imo). Obviously you`ve got some baggage with Adrian, but you rolled the dice with Crowder too, so why not do the same with AM.

I want Orton, he was one of the best QB's before he got hurt, and now every one has forgotten about him. I remember some1 on ESPN saying he would be a steal in the 4th round

Any of the following are fine: Craphonso Thorpe, Shazor, Taj Hawthorne, Orton
In rd 5: Jerome Mathis, Orlovsky, Vince Carter or Jason Brown

Elton Brown, Adrian McPherson, or Ben Wilkerson would make me very happy in the 4th

I want McPherson here in the fourth, I think it's a tremendous bargain. But I have a feeling we might go with Hawthorne or an offensive lineman (Wilkerson, Elton Brown?). Hopefully McPherson will be there in the fifth, there should be no reason not to take him there.

The only positions that handle the ball every play.

Center is a boring pick but Ben Wilkerson or Jason Brown can anchor the line and help add years too the career of that new "expeensive" RB.

Kyle Orton - Well worth a look and probably good value for a 4th round pick.

McPherson - I think not!:shakeno:

Give me Orton or Macpherson! This is our last chance to get a decent QB in the draft IMO, and I would hate to see us come up empty handed....which is in the hands of Feeley, Frerotte, and Rosenfelds.

Thank You! Finally someone with knowledge of the game.

X-Con said:
I'm gonna go with a WR. Two of the top 10 ranked WRs are still there in Roydell Williams and Jerome Mathis. One of them should still be there...

Everybody who has a better passing game than us are improving their game by picking a WR. We on the other hand with our anemic passing/receiving game are picking defense. The defense has done its job for the most part, we just couldn't score any points.

We need another receiver, not these possession receivers like Tolliver that we've been drafting lately. We need someone who can stretch the field. Jerome Mathis, Roydell Williams, or Craphonso Thorpe. If not then McPherson.

I never expected there to be this many quality options at our 4th round pick so i'll have to say i'll be happy with any of the following (in order of preference)

1) Ernest Shazor (Amazing value in the 4th rd...Comparable to Will Poole last year)
2) Adrian McPhereson (Potential is the key word)
3) A. Hawthorne (1st Rd Value, DT is a need)
4) Ben Wilkerson (Can never have too much depth on the OL)
5) C.J Mosely (Strength, See #3)
6) Jason Brown (How much faith do we really have in Seth McKinney?)

....we would be fortunate to land any of these on day two.

Back
Top Bottom