"62-7" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"62-7"

What happened to fieldler after miami. Fell out of the league that's how good he was.

Fiedler's biggest problem was that he wasn't Marino and no one would ever forgive him for it. He wasn't good enough to be a starting quarterback but he always gave everything that he had. I have a lot of respect for him and the effort he gave despite the hate that the fan base had for him. It was really Waanstedt's fault for refusing to accept that Fiedler was too limited to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. Fiedler always gave everything he had, it just wasn't good enough and too much was often asked of him.

Fiedler's biggest problem was that he wasn't Marino and no one would ever forgive him for it. He wasn't good enough to be a starting quarterback but he always gave everything that he had. I have a lot of respect for him and the effort he gave despite the hate that the fan base had for him. It was really Waanstedt's fault for refusing to accept that Fiedler was too limited to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. Fiedler always gave everything he had, it just wasn't good enough and too much was often asked of him.
he was asked to do too much... like play qb in the nfl

That game hurt me so much.... I think I aged 10 years watching that game. It was the worst game I have ever seen the Dolphins play and worse off it was Dan's last game but hey he ended his great career with a TD at the end of the half.

Fiedler was a sav. He wasn't great but you swear like he threw more INTs than TDs. He also usually had some pretty good rushing numbers and would get a decent amount of first downs going head first for first downs haha.

And that reverse field TD that Ricky had a BADASS block by Jay on it.

Good times.

He fell out of the league because by the time he left the Jets he was old and injury prone. You usually don't make it that long unless you were a top 10 or 15 QB at one point. Jay was probably like top 20 in his prime.

I could care a tad bit less than I do. but seriously both our teams have nothing to do with that game.

62-7 and ushering danny out of the league in a manner he did not deserve was bad enough, but for fiedler to play so far over his head as their backup and wannny's subsequent man crush for him was much worse for this franchise. that being said, i loved jay's heart, hated his proclivity for the untimely interception (despite the fact that a big part of the reason he was starting was because of how smart (ivy league)and savvy he was and how he wouldn't make "the big mistake"), but wanny had a penchant for being satisfied with mediocrity at QB (Erik Kramer anybody?) so if it wasn't jay it would have been huard or mike tomczak or some other journeyman. the only way to solve the qb situation was to blow wanny out of here.

I still can't believe Wayne Huzienga let Jimmy Johnson talk him into giving Wanny the job to begin with. He had just absolutely destroyed a Bears team that was pretty decent when he took it over.

Throw in keeping Wanny so long because he was "a good man" despite the hole getting deeper and deeper every year was an unending nightmare. What a waste those years were. Heck, we are still digging are way out of it now.

Thanks to that snake oil salesman Jimmy Johnson, that was no way for Marino to go out that way. I still remember him on the sidelines watching the 2nd half, it was just wrong on so many levels.

Didn't Jimmy try to quit after '98 though and huizenga talked him out of it?

Didn't Jimmy try to quit after '98 though and huizenga talked him out of it?

Yes. Begged him to come back for 1 more year and JJ agreed. The only positive thing that came out of that game was JJ quit.

He came back only after getting Wanny the assistant head coach job. It was a set up for Wanny to get the HC job and to get rid of Marino. JJ didn't have the guts to do it himself, so he set his buddy Dave up for it.

I wouldn't cross the street to urinate on Jimmy Johnson if he was on fire. I mean that with every fiber of my being.

I remember when you hired JJ and I was petrified he was going to do in Miami what he did in Dallas.

Fiedler was a sav. He wasn't great but you swear like he threw more INTs than TDs. He also usually had some pretty good rushing numbers and would get a decent amount of first downs going head first for first downs haha.

And that reverse field TD that Ricky had a BADASS block by Jay on it.

Good times.

He fell out of the league because by the time he left the Jets he was old and injury prone. You usually don't make it that long unless you were a top 10 or 15 QB at one point. Jay was probably like top 20 in his prime.
top 20? are you high? not even if every other starter went down to injury

I remember when you hired JJ and I was petrified he was going to do in Miami what he did in Dallas.
what did he do in dallas? he wasnt the gm and his players were notorious for cocaine and roid use... who couldnt win with that team?

Back
Top Bottom