"62-7" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"62-7"

Jimmy Johnson quit when he knew he wouldn't get it done in Miami and realized that Marino would always mean more to Miami than he ever could. He never addressed the offensive side of the ball and installed a high school offense because he wanted to prove he was "bigger" than Marino. You take away Marino's ablility to audible for Karim Abdul Jabar to run the football when Jimmmy Johnson says he should??

what did he do in dallas? he wasnt the gm and his players were notorious for cocaine and roid use... who couldnt win with that team?

He only built a dynasty, I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted him to do that in Miami.

That team could have won 3-4 more SBs after he left, they barely won one more.

Post that big-as-life all over the complex; on the front door, at reception, in the hallways, meeting rooms, training rooms, tub room, cafeteria, showers & sh*tters!!

"62-7"

Redeem It.

(PS) make copies and slide 'em under the wipers on players cars too.

I don't think any of our players would know what that means......I don't think we have one single player from that game, except for maybe JT.

He only built a dynasty, I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted him to do that in Miami.

That team could have won 3-4 more SBs after he left, they barely won one more.
he built nothing... he was a part of the building process... just because a guy installs your windows dont mean he built the house

Jimmy Johnson quit when he knew he wouldn't get it done in Miami and realized that Marino would always mean more to Miami than he ever could. He never addressed the offensive side of the ball and installed a high school offense because he wanted to prove he was "bigger" than Marino. You take away Marino's ablility to audible for Karim Abdul Jabar to run the football when Jimmmy Johnson says he should??
didnt karim abdule jabbar join the XFL? FAIL

he built nothing... he was a part of the building process... just because a guy installs your windows dont mean he built the house

He was picking players, wasn't he? he was a big part of building that dynasty whether you want to give him credit or not.

Johnson had a lot of help with the draft picks from the Hershel Walker trade and that Dallas team was built before the salary cap was in place. He did a good job in Dallas but it blew his ego out of control. He knew his defense and could find the guys with the talent to play it. His scheme's were simple and didn't trick anyone. He relied on simple schemes and beating you with superior talent. His problem in Miami was he didn't bring the Dallas roster with him.

I lost the security deposit on my apartment that day. Something about slamming a La-Z-Boy chair through drywall...

we have played there since in 03 i believe. we won something like 24-10, and i remember ricky had a very memorable run where he was stuffed for nothing then turned it into a big gain, or maybe it was even a td.

Yes, I was at that game and it was actually my first Fins game :-) i live in NC so i drove like 6 hours to go to that game. Ricky did have a great game. and the touchdown was pretty unforgettable, for me at least. pitch left and nothing was there and then he reversed feild to the right and ran in for a touchdown, pretty much untouched too.

Johnson had a lot of help with the draft picks from the Hershel Walker trade and that Dallas team was built before the salary cap was in place. He did a good job in Dallas but it blew his ego out of control. He knew his defense and could find the guys with the talent to play it. His scheme's were simple and didn't trick anyone. He relied on simple schemes and beating you with superior talent. His problem in Miami was he didn't bring the Dallas roster with him.

No question but he didn't he make the trade? and after the trade was executed they had to draft the right guys. He deserves a ton of credit for that.

I could care a tad bit less than I do. but seriously both our teams have nothing to do with that game.

Wild my brotha...see if this relates...62-7...that game, marked the beginning of what's been called arguably the worst decade in this franchises history!

What better way to 'fin'ish the decade than to throw wide this old wound...and open up a can on them that give it to us.

No disagreement about his work in Dallas but he had some factors that helped him there that he couldn't replicate in Miami. In Miami his ego was a huge part of the problem and he quit on his team when he knew he couldn't put it all together again.

Back
Top Bottom