A Compensatory Draft Pick For James... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Compensatory Draft Pick For James...

Making James the highest paid RT in the league (history) would be a mistake. Especially because there was no drop off when he was replaced by Davis(lol)

while I agree that we should out of me to Juan jaimes the highest paid right tackle in NFL he was better than Davis by any metric. Dajuan James was an above-average right tackle not a great right tackle. Davis has been at best and average right tackle at his best

while I agree that we should out of me to Juan jaimes the highest paid right tackle in NFL he was better than Davis by any metric. Dajuan James was an above-average right tackle not a great right tackle. Davis has been at best and average right tackle at his best

Usually like your stuff but this is total BS IMO.

#1 as a PRO you have to be (a) CONSISTENT on the field -- producing a consistent (predictable) quality product.

James was neither consistent in terms of durability nor game-to-game performance.

NO WAY IMO he could be considered "above average" unless the average is below average.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

#1 as a PRO you have to be (a) CONSISTENT on the field -- producing a consistent (predictable) quality product.

James was neither consistent in terms of durability nor game-to-game performance.

NO WAY IMO he could be considered "above average" unless the average is below average.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF
well we both have an opinion and I was never a fan tuan James on this team but if I compare him to all 32 tackles in the league at his position right tackle I would say he is above average. I would also say that above-average should not equal highest paid right tackle in the league kind of like what we did withVernon Carey for no apparent reason. but semantics aside there's no doubt in my mind or your mind that you james was a better tackle in Davis which is mainly the point.

I am not a firm believer in PFF ratings but I do agree with the way they graded him basically.

James did some things well, others not so much. 2017 is a good year to judge because he played 8 games and was out 8 games. Davis and Young both played RT in relief that year and there wasn't much of a difference. When a couple of journeymen can give you similar results, why pay James that much?

well we both have an opinion and I was never a fan tuan James on this team but if I compare him to all 32 tackles in the league at his position right tackle I would say he is above average. I would also say that above-average should not equal highest paid right tackle in the league kind of like what we did withVernon Carey for no apparent reason. but semantics aside there's no doubt in my mind or your mind that you james was a better tackle in Davis which is mainly the point.

I am not a firm believer in PFF ratings but I do agree with the way they graded him basically.

Essentially agree with you across the board. I assume we both realize

FA dramatically distorts an "average" player's value relative to their

position and its corresponding market demand -- hence top 1% $$$

for a dude who may be only top 35% talent is (shall we say) pretty

messed up.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF
Saw the back of his jersey too often.

Essentially agree with you across the board. I assume we both realize

FA dramatically distorts an "average" player's value relative to their

position and its corresponding market demand -- hence top 1% $$$

for a dude who may be only top 35% talent is (shall we say) pretty

messed up.

Unless u are a running back it seems value is always overdone for free agents of a certain age.
Like reshard jones and his contract. He is not an elite safety but makes elite money. he is damn good but has a cap hit of 17 million this year

Unless u are a running back it seems value is always overdone for free agents of a certain age.
Like reshard jones and his contract. He is not an elite safety but makes elite money. he is damn good but has a cap hit of 17 million this year

I think the NFL is akin to a real life "survival game" whereby you're disproportionately rewarded for

just being in the game at a certain stage based on the assumed skill level it required in the

past tense to make it to the present tense.

Hence, the CBA discriminates against experience and rewards cheap youth...

Sort of seems like society at large IMO.

I think the NFL is akin to a real life "survival game" whereby you're disproportionately rewarded for

just being in the game at a certain stage based on the assumed skill level it required in the

past tense to make it to the present tense.

Hence, the CBA discriminates against experience and rewards cheap youth...

Sort of seems like society at large IMO.

The NFL also seems to go that direction with coaches. Like what the hell has Klingsbury ever done to deserve a NFL coaching job as head coach.
He is friggin 35 -40 at Texas tech and never finished above 5th place. he had two winning seasons in 6.

I was not a fan of the Flores hire mainly because he was dc for even one year and only called played for one season.
he seems like a smart guy and I hope he does well but I think youth had a lot to do with hiring him.

The NFL also seems to go that direction with coaches. Like what the hell has Klingsbury ever done to deserve a NFL coaching job as head coach.
He is friggin 35 -40 at Texas tech and never finished above 5th place. he had two winning seasons in 6.

I was not a fan of the Flores hire mainly because he was dc for even one year and only called played for one season.
he seems like a smart guy and I hope he does well but I think youth had a lot to do with hiring him.

IMO it's a fundamental (and rather crippling) lack of core knowledge at the TOP.

In the old (glory) days of the NFL the owners were football men -- specifically the

dudes who started the league or 1st gen decedents (or similar) of the founding family.

Now the league is dominated by billionaire $$$ hustlers and real estate swindlers who

wear their football franchises like big gaudy diamond rings...

It's all flash and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The $$$$ is so vast it absolutely has to corrupt.

Back
Top Bottom