A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise!

I feel like Tua could have his right arm amputated and there would still be posters wanting to take him. We'd hear "Yes, he only has 1 arm, but with his superior pre-snap reads and ability to get the ball out quickly, he doesn't need 2 arms to be an elite quarterback".
I’d be ok with that because he’s a south paw anyways..... :pbj: Tua in 2020!

new 2020 Tua emoji
face-with-head-bandage_1f915.png

It would be the most Dolphins move ever to draft Tua after a significant hip injury. He'll drop and the Fins will think they were smart grabbing him with the pick they got for Fitzpatrick, when a man with his medical history shouldn't be on the board of any rebuilding team. 2 different breaks in his throwing hand; quad injury, hamstring injury, 2 ankle surgeries to mitigate his numerous ankle sprains, an mcl sprain and a major hip injury. And these are injuries acquired playing behind a bunch of NFL caliber linemen in college. He'll be mangled and broken in the NFL, especially if this hip injury limits his mobility, which is a large part of his appeal as a pro prospect.
They maybe should check Tua's bone density. If he keeps playing football by the time he is 25 he has more screws and metal in his body than an android.

Very risky to take him in RD1. I know many will look to the passing on Brees because of injury concerns and won’t want to see Tua go somewhere else and be a star.

Very tough to call and I don’t envy Grier on this one. Herbert a safe bet but doesn’t look half the QB Tua is before his injury. Trading down could be smart with extra picks for 2021 though there will be many takers for Lawrence.

Very risky to take him in RD1. I know many will look to the passing on Brees because of injury concerns and won’t want to see Tua go somewhere else and be a star.

Very tough to call and I don’t envy Grier on this one. Herbert a safe bet but doesn’t look half the QB Tua is before his injury. Trading down could be smart with extra picks for 2021 though there will be many takers for Lawrence.
Yes, very risky indeed. Particularly for a team like Miami, who need players who can make an immediate impact.

I would say "half as good" in reference to Herbert is overstating/exaggerating the impartial assessment of the two. There are those that see Herbert with a higher ceiling, but also a lower floor than Tua.

Actively planning for the aquisition of Lawrence is not an option, unless 0-16 is your plan, and we have just witnessed the flaw in that line of thinking.

Probably the only way we trade down is with a team moving up for Herbert, so it's just a question of are they willing to make it worth our while, and does the staff have confidence that Rosen can be productive enough to make it through next season?

I am really against bringing in a top FA QB. It doesn't seem like a long term solution.

Yes, very risky indeed. Particularly for a team like Miami, who need players who can make an immediate impact.

I would say "half as good" in reference to Herbert is overstating/exaggerating the impartial assessment of the two. There are those that see Herbert with a higher ceiling, but also a lower floor than Tua.

Actively planning for the aquisition of Lawrence is not an option, unless 0-16 is your plan, and we have just witnessed the flaw in that line of thinking.

Probably the only way we trade down is with a team moving up for Herbert, so it's just a question of are they willing to make it worth our while, and does the staff have confidence that Rosen can be productive enough to make it through next season?

I am really against bringing in a top FA QB. It doesn't seem like a long term solution.
Couldn't we just forfeit every game? Agree, I don't bring in a TFAQB, and from what I've seen it doesn't fit the teams mo. I'm pretty confident that it doesn't happen with the youthful rebuild we're witnessing. I want "our" guy whoever that may be. If we hit on that QB early, that 5-year rookie contract is pretty sweet.

Yeah

Yeah I was perhaps over critical of Herbert and he definitely has a cannon arm if not the intangibles of Tua.

There are plenty of examples of QB’s taken lower in the draft or considered lesser prospects that have gone onto be better the we thougt. History tells us that but we get caught up in the media hype.

Yeah

Yeah I was perhaps over critical of Herbert and he definitely has a cannon arm if not the intangibles of Tua.

There are plenty of examples of QB’s taken lower in the draft or considered lesser prospects that have gone onto be better the we thougt. History tells us that but we get caught up in the media hype.
I am a huge herbert fan, he is Allen 2.0 with much better accuracy.

I am a huge herbert fan, he is Allen 2.0 with much better accuracy.
I'm not a "huge" fan of any QB, when it comes to making the transition from collegiate to NFL competition. Greatness is 50/50, at best.

The past couple weeks I've taken a closer look at Herbert (I beleive Burrow is not possible), and am in favor of selecting him.

Good/great arm, avoids mistakes, exibits ability to modify trajectory as the situation dictates, solid foundation of mechanics and footwork but could use refinement, accurace good but not yet elite, pocket awareness/elusiveness is fine but overall athletic ability outside the pocket average.

Still 100% for drafting Tua, risks acknowledged. If the Browns beat up on the Fins, Flo could start Rosen the rest of the way & we could be in the Tua driver seat at that point. They are sure to evaluate Rosen a bit further at some point, the season is done anyways.

PSA:

I have updated the FH Dolphins/NFL Twitter list. It is updated to remove former players, added newbs like Safid Dean.

I took the liberty to preemptively add Tua

Back
Top Bottom