A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise!

exactly...I think Burrow will win Superbowls if he avoids Cinncinati or Washington...Herbert has improved and I will be watching to see the rest of the year.

Tua will certainly play at some point...but how durable will he be? 3 surgeries in 24 college games bothers me a bit!
Wonder how long that going take him to win a SB in nfl??? I would rather see dolphins draft 3 ol this yr. That would make me happy in round 1. Than best player after that.

Oh man, he's tricked you again. You... and the entire Titans fan base... is in for a rude awakening... again... at some point.

PS: He's been sacked 17 times in 4 starts with a completely terrible 11%+ sack rate which was he was at last season with Miami. His flaw is the same as Rosen's and always will be.

For the love of Pete.

Are you capable of not going here?

No?

Okay, let's do it then...it's the only way you seem to understand things.

You, and your little circle of Tannehaters, can stop clutching at the hopes that at some point he'll have a bad game, so you can come in and post "GolLy, You'RE All so BLIND! HahAhaha! TAnnEhillZ is the worst QB ever! LOLolOlOL!!!1111one1!."

It's okay. He's a Titan now. You don't have to clutch your safety blanket of hate in fear that he'll do well so that we, and when I say "we" I mean Dolphins fans, can actually be happy in spite of your little club.

My point is that Tannehill is playing better now that he has a better surrounding cast. So would Rosen most likely, with patience and time. I'm capable of acknowledging that without labeling other people. I'd really RATHER do it that way.

But I'm kinda tired of the stone throwing, glass house lad.

For the love of Pete.

Are you capable of not going here?

No?

Okay, let's do it then...it's the only way you seem to understand things.

You, and your little circle of Tannehaters, can stop clutching at the hopes that at some point he'll have a bad game, so you can come in and post "GolLy, You'RE All so BLIND! HahAhaha! TAnnEhillZ is the worst QB ever! LOLolOlOL!!!1111one1!."

It's okay. He's a Titan now. You don't have to clutch your safety blanket of hate in fear that he'll do well so that we, and when I say "we" I mean Dolphins fans, can actually be happy in spite of your little club.

My point is that Tannehill is playing better now that he has a better surrounding cast. So would Rosen most likely, with patience and time. I'm capable of acknowledging that without labeling other people. I'd really RATHER do it that way.

But I'm kinda tired of the stone throwing, glass house lad.
Hilarious.

Hilarious.

giphy.gif

While I wholeheartedly agreed that it was time to move on, if a team can keep RT upright, and relatively clean, he has above average physical skills. He can make every required throw, and is not prone to dumb mistake.

That's fine during the regular season, but lets see what happens if they get to the playoffs, and things are cranked up a couple notches.

This is totally fair. And it was 100% time to move on.

For his sake, I hope Arthur Smith does a better job of playcalling than what he had in Miami. A run-heavy offense hides his limitations tremendously.

This is totally fair. And it was 100% time to move on.

For his sake, I hope Arthur Smith does a better job of playcalling than what he had in Miami. A run-heavy offense hides his limitations tremendously.

Just as all current QBs with a top run game

Oh man, he's tricked you again. You... and the entire Titans fan base... is in for a rude awakening... again... at some point.

PS: He's been sacked 17 times in 4 starts with a completely terrible 11%+ sack rate which was he was at last season with Miami. His flaw is the same as Rosen's and always will be.

You know what? I may have misread this; I thought you were suggesting I was a Titans fan for pointing out what I did. That seems to be a popular pastime as of late, and it's kinda tired.

If I was mistaken in thinking that, I apologize for overreacting.

He also had an injury to his right knee within the last two years. I realize that there are those who love Tua and still want to draft him with one of the teams first round picks. If the Dolphins had a talented roster and they were in a position to draft Tua and just let him take a year or more to fully recover, perhaps taking him in the first round would be worth the risk.

Unfortunately the Dolphins have huge holes throughout their roster and they need to use all their first round picks to select players who can come in and be immediate starters. If Tua is still on the board when they select in the third round he may be worth the risk of taking him then. But with surgery to both ankles, his hip surgery, and his right knee injury all in the last two years, I just don’t see how the Dolphins can use a first or second round selection on him.
It's far from a matter of "when will this one heal?" With Tua, it'll be "what's next?"

To paraphrase George Santayana: "Those who ignore the past are condemned to repeat it!"

Dolphins have lots of money and draft pick. We should at leased be in hunt next yr.
This is your quote in another thread today.
39wildman
He did right thinking. He must be better in 2020. Got to get this team in right directions. Maybe 6 -10 next yr would be nice

So which is it a 6 and 10 record or a playoff run.
You seem to be all over the place.

It's far from a matter of "when will this one heal?" With Tua, it'll be "what's next?"

To paraphrase George Santayana: "Those who ignore the past are condemned to repeat it!"
I agree with that quote, because it can be applied also to that chance this team had to get Brees but the medical staff didn’t sign off on it.

I agree with that quote, because it can be applied also to that chance this team had to get Brees but the medical staff didn’t sign off on it.
Touche'
except:
1)I don't believe Brees had a litany of unrelated injuries and procedures through college nor previously in SD

2)Our crack medical staff OTOH gave Culpepper a thumbs up although he no longer had the benefit of mobility to buy time so Randy Moss could get free and the team paid the price by wasting a traded 2nd round draft pick and of course on the field :shrug:

They aren't significant though. This was the first "significant" injury and it's a freak injury. He had ankle surgery to strengthen the ankle above a normal limit last year and didn't miss a game. Had the same thing done with the other ankle. Those procedures supposedly make it almost impossible to sprain your ankle ever. This latest injury is the only one that's worth monitoring because it was pretty significant and nobody knows the prognosis as complications could arise over the next few months. If that's fine, then he'll gain traction right up towards the top of the draft again.

There are two choices:
1) You go with another QB and hope they fix their flaws
2) You go with Tua and hope he comes back ok if you're under the assumption that 1 doesn't apply.

I'm of the opinion that #2 is less risk as of now. Things could obviously change over the next few months though.

Tua is flawless I guess?

Hindsight is 20/20. There were a lot of ppl, fans and media alike, that agreed Culpepper was the correct choice at the time.

It turned out to be monumentally wrong, but is wasn't the clear cut, no brainer that some portray it to be after the fact.

Let that Porcelain Doll be who he's going to be with someone else. I don't trust him to stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom