A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise!

Still 100% for drafting Tua, risks acknowledged. If the Browns beat up on the Fins, Flo could start Rosen the rest of the way & we could be in the Tua driver seat at that point. They are sure to evaluate Rosen a bit further at some point, the season is done anyways.

PSA:

I have updated the FH Dolphins/NFL Twitter list. It is updated to remove former players, added newbs like Safid Dean.

I took the liberty to preemptively add Tua
Still 100% for drafting Tua, risks acknowledged. If the Browns beat up on the Fins, Flo could start Rosen the rest of the way & we could be in the Tua driver seat at that point.

Still too risky for me. I'm not AGAINST Tua solely due to injury, but I'd prefer wait and see. Draft is 6 months away. Teams and fans will know a lot more in March and later. I suspect the evaluations then will determine his draft rank. If those evaluations are optimistic, he may be a target. If not, well, we'll see

Why are some so sure that Washington wouldn’t draft him?
Haskin's? Really?

Still 100% for drafting Tua, risks acknowledged. If the Browns beat up on the Fins, Flo could start Rosen the rest of the way & we could be in the Tua driver seat at that point. They are sure to evaluate Rosen a bit further at some point, the season is done anyways.

PSA:

I have updated the FH Dolphins/NFL Twitter list. It is updated to remove former players, added newbs like Safid Dean.

I took the liberty to preemptively add Tua
I've updated the link in the main:
Dolphins Podcasts and Social Media

Im still for drafting Tua with their first pick. His main elite trait is processing speed, probably the most important aspect of playing QB in the NFL, and that wont be affected by the injury.

Another thing to consider, he might be the only truly elite prospect they get close enough to actually get... If the Fins are still drafting in the top 10 next year after all those high picks and cap space, QB might be the least of their problems anyway...

Not too impressed with Herbert last night, he made some horrendous throws
Didn't see the game, but by all accounts, he authored a real "stinker".

That being said, a fair assessment on any individual player, regardless of position, can't be based on 1 game.

Why are some so sure that Washington wouldn’t draft him?
Haskin's? Really?
I think they wait it out another year with him and draft Chase. You're right, he is terrible, but an inexperienced rookie, that will buy him some time. If there weren't a few teams so desperate for a QB, Young would go #1. He DESTROYED PSU yesterday.

I'm sooo glad we didn't pursue Haskins, he reminded me of Jamarcus Russell from day one. Maybe it was the chubby cheeks...

Apparently, His pro workout was considering and questioned his dedicaton to his craft.
I believe it was reported he was way out-of-shape. It was so bad that within a few minutes of his pro-day he was huffing and puffing.

Think about that, This is the most important meeting up to that point in your career and you're not prepared?
What have you been doing as a player and your time-off leading up to that meeting?

Logic suggest, If you weren't wiling to put in the work for that extremely important meeting then you're unlikely to put in the consistent time required to be a top-notch QB for our franchise.

Back
Top Bottom