A Little Off Topic - What do you think of player celebrations? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Little Off Topic - What do you think of player celebrations?

America is a country built on racism - a country that (despite its vast wealth and resources) has never made things right with American Indians and never ended the enslavement of Black people. There are more Black men and women in jails and prisons today than there were slaves. Slave/prison labor is a multi-billion dollar industry.

Understanding all this, why would anyone be surprised that Newton is treated different because he's Black? And lol at the people in this thread who are saying, "I'm not racist. I just don't like this particular type of Black person." Do you have to be racist to dislike Cam? No, maybe you're just a simple-minded spazzwad. Are many of the people who dislike Cam racist/closet racists? That'd be a safe bet in the land of the brave.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ewtons-origin-story-titans-plan-for-no-1-pick

I dont mind celebrations after a TD, sack, int but I dont like a first down dance and when the qb over throws the receiver when the db had horrible coverage and then he does a dance and prances around like he's the man. I enjoyed TO and ocho cincos antics. I didn't like the panthers taking a team pic while the game is going on, if the game was over I wouldn't care. In the end I like to see players out there enjoying themselves.

Not a fan of the excessive celebrating. Never have been, never will be. It certainly doesn't keep me up at night....but I come from an era of not doing anything to disrespect your opponent.

Someone mentioned baseball being boring above. Well, in baseball, you hit a homerun and sit there and act like an idiot....and you know what happens....the next batter up gets a fastball in his ear. It is self policing and all the players understand how it works.

All the drama about this being a racial issue is absurd. I could care less about the guys ethnicity.....I applaud Newton for giving footballs to kids in the stands after every score....classy move! The superman stuff.....ridiculous and definitely not something I would do or condone.

Well said. I started watching football in 1970 and the game was still exciting without all the celebrations. I think the first time I saw it was with Mark Gastineau and I absolutely hated that guy and wanted a player to come out and knock him on his butt. My son, who is nine, loves the dancing and celebrating and just sees that as part of the game. So, to me, it's where you've come from and has absolutely nothing to do with race.

Not a fan of the excessive celebrating. Never have been, never will be. It certainly doesn't keep me up at night....but I come from an era of not doing anything to disrespect your opponent.

Someone mentioned baseball being boring above. Well, in baseball, you hit a homerun and sit there and act like an idiot....and you know what happens....the next batter up gets a fastball in his ear. It is self policing and all the players understand how it works.

All the drama about this being a racial issue is absurd. I could care less about the guys ethnicity.....I applaud Newton for giving footballs to kids in the stands after every score....classy move! The superman stuff.....ridiculous and definitely not something I would do or condone.

And that's exhibit A of why baseball is so irrelevant with Americans under 40.

America is a country built on racism - a country that (despite its vast wealth and resources) has never made things right with American Indians and never ended the enslavement of Black people. There are more Black men and women in jails and prisons today than there were slaves. Slave/prison labor is a multi-billion dollar industry.

Understanding all this, why would anyone be surprised that Newton is treated different because he's Black? And lol at the people in this thread who are saying, "I'm not racist. I just don't like this particular type of Black person." Do you have to be racist to dislike Cam? No, maybe you're just a simple-minded spazzwad. Are many of the people who dislike Cam racist/closet racists? That'd be a safe bet in the land of the brave.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ewtons-origin-story-titans-plan-for-no-1-pick

How very sad for you.......

I don't see nothing wrong w it. nfl career are short. enjoy it while it last nfl player..

Says the guy from the state that just recently removed the Confederate Flag from government buildings :lol:

I think making judgments about me, based on where I live.....tells me all I need to know. Again, how very sad for you.....

Hey, no need to bring up the state of South Carolina.

The argument here is not whether individual posters in this thread are racist. The argument is whether or not racism is still an issue in America in the year 2016. I've heard and seen good things about parts of South Carolina, and I'm not particularly criticizing the state. It's just ironic that a person denying that racism exists is from a state that is very publicly coming to grips with its racist traditions.

It's pretty hilarious, though, that the poster in question completely missed that irony.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I think making judgments about me, based on where I live.....tells me all I need to know. Again, how very sad for you.....

FlwNlfFpng-1.jpg

LOL.....truly an excellent case of a "good retreat is better than a bad stand"......

No worries, I accept your apology.

Back
Top Bottom