a new uniform? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a new uniform?

would you embrace a new uniform and logo?

• Absolutely, ... it's time

Votes: 157 41.9%
  • NO! ... it's classic

Votes: 218 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
byroan said:
Who said we hate them? What if we're just not objective to change?

Well, alot of people here hate them because a change is talked about constantly around here. I just really don't get it.

i dont have a problem with the helmets its those darn hidious white jerseys on white pants that make our team look like a bunch of orderlies out there that i have a problem with. have no fear dolphin fans ole mercury is on the job and i have a killer idea here . we go to a red ,white and blue with a middle finger extended out to those politicaly corect morons . NAW NOT REALLY I AM KIDDING BUT THIS IDEA IS BETTER THOUGH, we need do away with the white pants and go with orange pants and navy jerseys or navy pants and orange jerseys. but what would be wrong with a aqua helmet with a silver dolphin on it.:flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :horsey: :horsey:

pigskinguy said:
Well, alot of people here hate them because a change is talked about constantly around here. I just really don't get it.

I don't hate them. I think they're nice but I wouldn't be opposed to changing them.

Navy jerseys would be alright, but keep the rest the same, it's classic!

mercury 40 said:
i dont have a problem with the helmets its those darn hidious white jerseys on white pants that make our team look like a bunch of orderlies out there that i have a problem with. have no fear dolphin fans ole mercury is on the job and i have a killer idea here . we go to a red ,white and blue with a middle finger extended out to those politicaly corect morons . NAW NOT REALLY I AM KIDDING BUT THIS IDEA IS BETTER THOUGH, we need do away with the white pants and go with orange pants and navy jerseys or navy pants and orange jerseys. but what would be wrong with a aqua helmet with a silver dolphin on it.:flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :horsey: :horsey:

For one, it would be pissing in the face of all the champions history!

The aqua and orange have to stay. Drop the navy so people will stop trying to make us the 31st team in the league to have navy uniforms. Drop the 80s looking numbers on the uniforms and go to the faster looking ones like the Bears use. Give us some sleeve stripes. Consider going with an orange uniform with heavy aqua accents if you really have to shake things up. Tread lightly with the logo -- it really is a classic. If you're going to do anything, take us back to the way the logo used to look.

byroan said:
I don't hate them. I think they're nice but I wouldn't be opposed to changing them.

I I would be OK with color scheme changes. Like no more white-on-white or having the orange jerseys as our homes. But overall, I like the aqua and orange and I like the logo. I would hate to see a drastic logo change like the Bucs or Broncos or Pats did. Small changes like taking the helmet off the dolphin would be OK though.

Gotta say I would love to see something like the Broncos have with a aqua, orange and black theme. A meaner looking fish wouldnt be bad either.

Are some of you kidding?

We're the Miami Dolphins. Are the Raiders going to change thier logo? How about the Steelers, Packers, or Cowboys? Or to take it a step farther, the Lakers or Celtics? Maybe the Yankees and RedSox should consider changing theirs.

We are storied, and theres some things you just don't mess with. When teams like Tampa or Denver do it, I don't think it's that big of a deal because they are simply not known as a "legendary" franchise.

I think there's a reason you don't see the legendary franchises I listed above trying to make wholesale changes to their logo. Miami has updated it, and done so quite well. But thats as far as it should ever go.

A complete changing of the logo would be blasphemy and anybody voting in favor to change it should be ashamed.

And by the way, the white-on-white doesn't look that bad, and it actually provides one hell of a home field advantage during early season home games.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Whats the freakin deal with the Steeler Uni's? First of all the logo looks like the sticker they give my kid a wal mart. And whats with the flat black home depot spray paint on the helmets? The color scheme is nice but the uniforms look like the owner is pretty cheap.

I wouldn't mind newly designed uniforms, but I do NOT want a logo change, and I do NOT want a new color scheme. The only change I would make in regards to colors, is to go back to the older style where we had a lighter colored aqua. I think the light aqua looked a lot better then dark aqua.

it seems as though we have a great design. we have had subtle changes to the logo and the uniform over the years though. I guess I like them all including the orange jersys and even the aqua on aqua. However having been a fan since 1967 im partial to the throwbacks. on last thing its not like we had those ugly creamsicle uniforms like Tampa had or a helmet logo that just said BENGALS, those teams had to do something. the Broncos did have a great uniforms and logo and got a great new uniform and logo as did New England so you just dont know until you try it. If we could win a world tittle I could care less what they wear.

I'm kind of torn.....I'd like to have some new uni's....but I have purchased quite a few phins jerseys, and if we were to get some new ones, all the jerseys i have now would be "old school" (if you will)

so, i dunno

I wouldnt stop being a fan or anything, but I think we should leave them as they are. I love our unis

Back
Top Bottom