a new uniform? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a new uniform?

would you embrace a new uniform and logo?

• Absolutely, ... it's time

Votes: 157 41.9%
  • NO! ... it's classic

Votes: 218 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DrAstroZoom said:
I find it hard to picture myself wanting a change in any of my favorite sports teams' unis. I associate the look of the team with my feelings for the team. That's not to say I wouldn't support the organization if it made the changes. But I just can't picture saying: "This is my favorite team. I love this team. I've always loved this team. If only they had cooler uniforms."

I feel the same Dr. It's like taking a ventage Vette and putting a Camero body on it. Who in their right mind would do something like that? Someone said it earlier, and I agree, there are thirtyone other teams in the NFL. Let them go F#*% with them if they don't like the Dolphins unis.

Hold Up Fellas

I Just Had A Good Idea Here ! Why Dont We Keep It Simple Here And Have A Bicolor Orange And Aqua For Home Games And Have A Bicolor Black And Aqua Rood Games And Use The Orange Jerseys In The Playoffs And Superbowl? So I Must Give It Up To Myself Here And Say Great Job Mercury 40 . Hows The The Statue Of The Dolphins No 1 Fan From Okla. Coming Along? Just Kidding

mercury 40 said:
I Just Had A Good Idea Here ! Why Dont We Keep It Simple Here And Have A Bicolor Orange And Aqua For Home Games And Have A Bicolor Black And Aqua Rood Games And Use The Orange Jerseys In The Playoffs And Superbowl? So I Must Give It Up To Myself Here And Say Great Job Mercury 40 . Hows The The Statue Of The Dolphins No 1 Fan From Okla. Coming Along? Just Kidding

Sorry there, Mr. Merc. Uhh ... we've been working on the statue, but see ... there's a couple problems. One, we've run out of bubble gum. We've got cousin Fred in the back chewing as fast as he can, but his dentures ain't what they used to be. Plus, the elves have gone on strike. They refuse to go back up the scaffolding because they're afraid of heights. And of course it would be pointless to force the little guys up there anyway because of the bubble gum issue I've already mentioned.

A new uni? Sure. But let's go old school... like keep the throw back uni's as the regular uni's. My choice? See the 2002 Thanksgiving day game vs Dallas. And yes, I prefer the older logo. Go Fins!

awing_pilot said:
Press you seem to have good insode info... what aren't you telling us ??????

it's way too late in the offseason for any uniform surprises... regardless, it was just a poll for poll's sake... and there's a disturbing amount of "dolphin fans" who constantly wish to alienate other dolphin fans merely for the THOUGHT of change..... i don't quite understand that ....

that "point and laugh" mentality on the playground...

settle down...

finnyboy002 said:
We don't need it, and personally I don't want it. I love the Fins uniform just the way it is.

When you look at other sports team icons: Yankees, Red Sox, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Rangers, Lakers, Packers, Chiefs... the list goes on. Why a uniform change? That is for teams with no history that NEED the corporate gizmos, changing uniforms every couple of years. We're the Miami FREAKING Dolphins and don't you forget it!!! :fire:

Agree 100%

PressCoverage said:
it's way too late in the offseason for any uniform surprises... regardless, it was just a poll for poll's sake... and there's a disturbing amount of "dolphin fans" who constantly wish to alienate other dolphin fans merely for the THOUGHT of change..... i don't quite understand that ....

that "point and laugh" mentality on the playground...

settle down...

Press, it's kinda like if an opposing teams fan came to this board and started DISSING our current uniforms no doubt most would defend it. We old timers, I for one, see all the tradition behind the ones we have now.It's just not right to propose a change. As evidenced by the numbers in the poll. I didn't like the change from the 72 unis. Not many will remember but those jerseys were awesome. Depending on how the sun hit them they would actually change from aqua to orange and blue. I'm not sure how to describe it,(iredesent) but if you have ever caught a "Bull Dolphin" now called "Mahi Mahi" you will get the idea.

I agree with the comments about the cowboys, packers, etc. Can you see Dallas with anything but a superficially updated star? Heck, I think the browns are as ugly as sin, but if I were a browns fan I wouldn't want them to change either. It's not just tradition, it's a persona. It works.

I don't mind messing with the uni's a bit, but no the logo unless its to go backwards. All the revamped designs just look like Arena teams. Or like the Sacramento Surge or something. heh.

hey i am all for a new look but it is not necessary it hasn't been long ago we changed to the ones we have now, no matter we will see the great ones we have now for a few more years.

finnyboy002 said:
We don't need it, and personally I don't want it. I love the Fins uniform just the way it is.

When you look at other sports team icons: Yankees, Red Sox, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Rangers, Lakers, Packers, Chiefs... the list goes on. Why a uniform change? That is for teams with no history that NEED the corporate gizmos, changing uniforms every couple of years. We're the Miami FREAKING Dolphins and don't you forget it!!! :fire:

all those teams have basic color schemes that will always look good. none of them have teal in them. i dont know why everyone is scared of a different shade of blue or green. how anyone can like the road uniforms is beyond me.

Maynard said:
all those teams have basic color schemes that will always look good. none of them have teal in them. i dont know why everyone is scared of a different shade of blue or green. how anyone can like the road uniforms is beyond me.

Duh...That's because they are NOT the Dolphins! And NONE of them 0, Nadda can claim a 59.62% overall winning percentage. That is why the AQUA should not be tampered with. It's TRADITION!

Back
Top Bottom