a new uniform? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a new uniform?

would you embrace a new uniform and logo?

• Absolutely, ... it's time

Votes: 157 41.9%
  • NO! ... it's classic

Votes: 218 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honor tradition...this is winning team, with what only 4 losing seasons!???? Teams that start changing uniforms are now starting to look the same....Cardinals, Bills, Falcons. Don't need to hear pretty boy football players saying they need to look good to play good. Wish the Rams would go back to Blue and Yellow come to think of it.
Dolphins have nice team colors, especially considering the heat and hot weather they play in for most of the year. Makes them different from most all NFL teams. The helmet decal was changed a lil bit with Jimmy Johnson joining the team....no other changes are needed. Embrace tradition!!!

I voted yes, but I wouldn't want a drastic change. My only beef is that I don't like the helmet on the Dolphin in our logo.

byroan said:
I'm definitely the odd one out. I hate the old style jerseys and I love the Orange jerseys. Oh well.

I really like the Orange too. I wouldn't even mind if we used it more than once a year. NBA teams have more than two standard uni's, right?

Aqua Man said:
Are some of you kidding?

We're the Miami Dolphins. Are the Raiders going to change thier logo? How about the Steelers, Packers, or Cowboys? Or to take it a step farther, the Lakers or Celtics? Maybe the Yankees and RedSox should consider changing theirs.

We are storied, and theres some things you just don't mess with. When teams like Tampa or Denver do it, I don't think it's that big of a deal because they are simply not known as a "legendary" franchise.

I think there's a reason you don't see the legendary franchises I listed above trying to make wholesale changes to their logo. Miami has updated it, and done so quite well. But thats as far as it should ever go.

A complete changing of the logo would be blasphemy and anybody voting in favor to change it should be ashamed.

And by the way, the white-on-white doesn't look that bad, and it actually provides one hell of a home field advantage during early season home games.

Maybe we could put your avatar on the helmet! :D

Unifrom Change / Fun Topic

This is a fun topic. I have been a diehard Miami Dolphins fan since I learned to tie my own shoes. So its been a LONG TIME! I love this team and organtization and like the rest of you, always will.

I would like to see a change in the uniform. Why not go with a new color scheme? Maybe something like an Aqua and Black, with just an M on the side of the helmet in that color Aqua?

I really would like to see a change in the Uniforms, its been a long time.

PressCoverage said:
Would you embrace a new uniform and scheme for the Dolphins?
Coincidence, perhaps, but it did preclude glory for the Broncos, Bucs and Patriots...[/QUOTE]

No I would'nt want to see it changed. They already upgraded it and it looks just fine.

PressCoverage said:
Coincidence, perhaps, but it did preclude glory for the Broncos, Bucs and Patriots...

Perhaps a coincidence? :lol:

These posts just keep coming.
I guess ole Wayne really messed up in paying millions for a top coach when all he needed to bring in was a fashion designer. :rolleyes:

Aqua Man said:
Are some of you kidding?

We're the Miami Dolphins. Are the Raiders going to change thier logo? How about the Steelers, Packers, or Cowboys? Or to take it a step farther, the Lakers or Celtics? Maybe the Yankees and RedSox should consider changing theirs.

We are storied, and theres some things you just don't mess with. When teams like Tampa or Denver do it, I don't think it's that big of a deal because they are simply not known as a "legendary" franchise.

I think there's a reason you don't see the legendary franchises I listed above trying to make wholesale changes to their logo. Miami has updated it, and done so quite well. But thats as far as it should ever go.

Well put.....

You can tinker with small changes like stripes and jersey/pant design changes but to change colors and logo with the storied history this franchise has is rediculous.

darth mercury 40 here and I realize that I can be theatrical and I know i dont have a tremendous singing voice but now that i am a master dolphin fan njyfinfury had a great idea with a black and aqua scheme and i know it gets hot on a sunday afternoon , but a aqua jersey and black pants wouldn't be a bad idea .

well dolphin fans most of you are still padjuan learners its time for me to issue order 66 and to eliminate the jets, bills and pats. after you all finish with our rivals you can now start construction of a statue of me with a darth vader helmet and a mcmichael jersey , but please gang, make it out of aluminum that way if I turn to light side you can melt the statue and recycle it and it will be envirnomental friendly.
:fire: may the force be with us.

mercury 40 said:
darth mercury 40 here and I realize that I can be theatrical and I know i dont have a tremendous singing voice but now that i am a master dolphin fan njyfinfury had a great idea with a black and aqua scheme and i know it gets hot on a sunday afternoon , but a aqua jersey and black pants wouldn't be a bad idea .

well dolphin fans most of you are still padjuan learners its time for me to issue order 66 and to eliminate the jets, bills and pats. after you all finish with our rivals cou can now start construction of a statue of me with a darth vader helmet and a mcmichael jersey , but please gang make it out of aluminum that way if turn to light side you can melt the statue and recycle it and be envirnomental friendly.
:fire: may the force be with us.

You're not related to John Simmons, are you?

I am going to go with WestVirginia fan and do something like the broncos uni's. Aqua wiht a orange stripe up each side would be sweet. THe logo you cant change to make cooler, I think it looks great

I dont know who had it onhere, but someone posted a "new" Phins helmet with a mad flipper on it. It was sweet, and I thought would be a really great change. It didnt have the sun anymore, just the bigger, meaner looking Flipper on it. It was pretty awesome, if we were going to change.

why do we need a new look if we already look damn good. the logo is perfect. the colors are perfect. we have a unique style to all the other teams.

I find it hard to picture myself wanting a change in any of my favorite sports teams' unis. I associate the look of the team with my feelings for the team. That's not to say I wouldn't support the organization if it made the changes. But I just can't picture saying: "This is my favorite team. I love this team. I've always loved this team. If only they had cooler uniforms."

such angry passion everywhere... lol... i love it... feeeeeeed off your hate, annakin

Back
Top Bottom