A real question for all Bill fans.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A real question for all Bill fans....

Still...it can't be as bad as being a Red Sox fan. I live in NY and am obviously a Yankee fan and I have a good friend living here who grew up in Boston. When the Yanks knocked the bosox out last year he was literally curled up in the fetal position on the dirty floor of a crowded bar crying in tears. I was at the humiliating MNF game @ the meadowlands and even I wasnt THAT despondent.

CirclingWagons said:
None of that was nearly as funny as watching Marino's illustrious career end in the biggest playoff drubbing. Hell, even Marino got to watch the last quarter too. :lol: . Another good one was Shula's last game--a 37-22 loss to Buffalo.
Watching over 60,000 passing yards and over 400 td passes end like that was quite comical to say the least. How in the hell does a professional football team score 62 points in a game?, how do they even have time for it?

I agree that game totally sicked. It makes me wish the fins had blown the Seattle game. Think about it fin fans we got to see vintage Dan Marino one last time when he had a 3rd and 18 or something from inside Miami's own 10 and connected for a first down. 2 Passes later the fins scored a TD and had the lead for the first time in the game. I kind of wish Seattle had drove down the field for a game winning field goal and that drive could have been Danny's last. I have no idea what happened in that Jacksonville game. The fins looked worn out and unattentive from from the start.

JJ777 said:
Still...it can't be as bad as being a Red Sox fan. I live in NY and am obviously a Yankee fan and I have a good friend living here who grew up in Boston. When the Yanks knocked the bosox out last year he was literally curled up in the fetal position on the dirty floor of a crowded bar crying in tears. I was at the humiliating MNF game @ the meadowlands and even I wasnt THAT despondent.

Actually I'm a Dolphins/BoSox fan and the 2 teams actually have a lot in common despite the fact that there are still Dolfans alive that can remember the last time they won a Super Bowl. Both teams tend to start strong and finish poorly and they are both usually good but never good enough. I am a Sox fan through and through but I don't think this will be the year.

Was that Music City Miracle game the year before or after Trace Armstrong crushed Flutie at the two yard line and knocked the Bills out of the playoffs. Wasn't that the game Andre Reed hit an official?
Smart move.
(I know all Bills' fans will say that was a BS call- he was just standing up and bumped the official- but if Reed weren't such a whiney-*** pu**y it never would have happened. Serves him right)

CirclingWagons said:
None of that was nearly as funny as watching Marino's illustrious career end in the biggest playoff drubbing. Hell, even Marino got to watch the last quarter too. :lol: . Another good one was Shula's last game--a 37-22 loss to Buffalo.
Watching over 60,000 passing yards and over 400 td passes end like that was quite comical to say the least. How in the hell does a professional football team score 62 points in a game?, how do they even have time for it?
i guess jim kelly can hold his head high huh? :shakeno: i would rather lose 1 super bowl than to be remembered as the guy to lose 4 straight buddy. i tell you what was funny thou circle. about a year or two ago i cant really remember the exact time but jim kelly was at a nascar event maybe daytona not really sure. and they introduced him by saying "heres jim kelly the only quarterback in history to go to 4 straight super bowls". and then followed a very long pause then kelly said gentleman "start your engines". the look on his face was "priceless". bet he thought god dam they had to bring that up didnt they. now that is how you introuduce a "winner".

I thought no way it was a legal pass but, when the referee announced that it was a legal pass, I threw my beer at the tv and then threw my tv to the ground in disgust.

It took me a while to get over it.

Actually, on the NFL network they had computers examine the pass and it indeed was legal. That call was nowhere near as bad as the Sf-NYG game last year, or the non-existing pass intereference in teh Miami-OSU Orange Bowl.

CirclingWagons said:
Boy are you reaching!!:rolleyes:

JJ777 said:
Still...it can't be as bad as being a Red Sox fan.
Red Sox fan too!:cry:

This may sound strange, but I got no enjoyment out of seeing the Bills lose like that, even as a Dolphin fan. I never like seeing teams get screwed (well, I'd to see the Pats get screwed once). Hell, I even felt bad for the Raiders after the infamous "tuck rule", and I HATE Raiders.

Phinz4Life said:
Speaking of Bills mishaps, I was watching VH1's I Love the 90's and they happened to talk about Super Bowl XXV Giants vs Bills.

:roflmao: Scott Norwood, how horrible. I understand the Phins have missed their fair share of clutch kicks, but damn, a potential Super Bowl winning FG.

To his credit, it wasn't that easy a kick. It was 47 yards.

When it was happening, i felt disbelief. But I thought the whole time they would overturn it, and when they didnt I was just in shock the whole night at work. And a long night it was. You see, I had also experienced "No Goal" in person a short 6 months earlier. Needless to say, it was a tough year.

If anyone can explain to me how a guy behind the 40 can throw a pass to a guy standing on the other side of the 40 without it being a forward pass, then I want to hear it.

Muck said:
To his credit, it wasn't that easy a kick. It was 47 yards.
Now THAT I didn't know. :shakeno:

VH1 made him look bad! Poor guy...

...yet, he still is a Bill...so...

:roflmao: :lol: :roflmao:

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
yes losing 4 superbowls in a row is terrible...:shakeno: ..and then to top it off with the music city miracle...:shakeno: ..if i was a bills fan i would wake up and :cry: ..you have to do :friday: just to get your mind of it... you sit on the :nerd: all day and try to make yourself look good on a MIAMI DOLPHINS WEBPAGE ..and then before you go to sleep at night you :pray: to god that the bills will win something..but all god says is you better :french: ...up because not even god himself can help your team out..

Amen Brother

Sirspud said:
Actually, on the NFL network they had computers examine the pass and it indeed was legal. That call was nowhere near as bad as the Sf-NYG game last year, or the non-existing pass intereference in teh Miami-OSU Orange Bowl.
This may be because I am a cane fan but I think that the 2003 fiesta bowl was most heartbreaking way to lose. The canes were on the field celebrating and then the Refs called the penalty. To make it worse the ref standing closest didnt call it, the one under the upright did ( the so called interference took place in the corner of the endzone). That was Dorseys last game and ended a 34 game win streak. That UM was stacked too McGahee, Talyor, Winslow, Andre Johnson. I generally dont get too mad when UM loses because they have won so much but after that loss I didnt go to work for 3 days. If the dolphins ever lost a game like that I dont know what I would do.

Back
Top Bottom