A real question for all Bill fans.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A real question for all Bill fans....

One disappointment after another. Yet you gotta admire how loyal we are inspite of these let downs. Hpw about finfans? Any chance you guys might wanna show up for your games? The Eagles fans want their team to play the fins every year :lol:

First I am amazed that only one Bills fan actually answered the question used to start this post.

Next, 47 yard FGs are made all the time in the NFL. At this level and at that caliber of game you have to make it.

And finally, Justasportsfan, Miami has been selling out every home game for the last three years, that "Fans don't show" BS is old and tired. We show and we win.

good reply to the question!

CirclingWagons said:
None of that was nearly as funny as watching Marino's illustrious career end in the biggest playoff drubbing. Hell, even Marino got to watch the last quarter too. :lol: . Another good one was Shula's last game--a 37-22 loss to Buffalo.
Watching over 60,000 passing yards and over 400 td passes end like that was quite comical to say the least. How in the hell does a professional football team score 62 points in a game?, how do they even have time for it?
Quite comical? Actually felt sorry for some Bill fans......I'll never let that happen again. I am as amazed as fin-attic that only one Bill's fan answered the question. I guess if you want a response to a question by the Bill followers on this board, you must pose the question in the smack forum so they can write back about Marino or the loss to Jacksonville or Dec. collapses! Now I'll go back and watch the Music City Miracle again with a bag of popcorn and a HUGE SMILE on my face. Looks like a PERFECT LATERAL TO ME!!!!!

Muck said:
Allan Houston's lucky, bouncing, last-second series-winning shot in Game 5 of the 1999 playoffs. Sent the Heat home again. I still remember where I was. Hell, I even remember that we almost hit the full-court bomb to win it back. :(
That was a very sad day. :(

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
When it was happening, i felt disbelief. But I thought the whole time they would overturn it, and when they didnt I was just in shock the whole night at work. And a long night it was. You see, I had also experienced "No Goal" in person a short 6 months earlier. Needless to say, it was a tough year.

If anyone can explain to me how a guy behind the 40 can throw a pass to a guy standing on the other side of the 40 without it being a forward pass, then I want to hear it.

They showed it on NFL Network. The ball was in front of the 40 when he threw it, by about a foot and a half (even though his body was behind). The ball travelled back about a foot. It was the right call. Tough way to lose.

VJ1252 said:
This may be because I am a cane fan but I think that the 2003 fiesta bowl was most heartbreaking way to lose. The canes were on the field celebrating and then the Refs called the penalty. To make it worse the ref standing closest didnt call it, the one under the upright did ( the so called interference took place in the corner of the endzone). That was Dorseys last game and ended a 34 game win streak. That UM was stacked too McGahee, Talyor, Winslow, Andre Johnson. I generally dont get too mad when UM loses because they have won so much but after that loss I didnt go to work for 3 days. If the dolphins ever lost a game like that I dont know what I would do.

Ridiculous call. And that game was just a week after the Phins collapse in New England, when they blew an 11 point lead with 5 to go and Ricky shredding the Patriot defense. Not a good week to be a Miami football fan.

By the way, thanks for forcing me to recall those two events. Looks like another 2 months of therapy for me. :goof:

Side note: just a week or two after that Fiesta Bowl fiasco was the Giants/49ers playoff game, when the Giants blew roughly a 57 point lead in the fourth quarter. My buddy Joe (diehard Giants fan) called me up and we had this exchange:
"Phil, Big Blue's falling apart! What do I gotta do to appease the football gods?"
"After the last couple weeks, I think it's pretty obvious that I don't have a clue."

phunwin said:
"Phil, Big Blue's falling apart! What do I gotta do to appease the football gods?"
"After the last couple weeks, I think it's pretty obvious that I don't have a clue."
Ohh man. :roflmao:

Phins13 said:
How in the world did you guys ever get over that Music city miracle game? Its been on N.F.L. network the last few days, And I almost(ALMOST) felt sorry for all Bill fans. As a phin fan I have seen enough heartbreak that is forever BURNED in my head....Miracle in the mdwlands, the loss to end the season in N.E two years ago , The Pats loss in O.T last year(which I flew down to endure) and too many others to list over the last 30 yrs. One thing that was common after all these losses were a two week depression(Still feeling the effects after last years Pats game) not able to watch any sports at all, and wondering why I take these games so seriously! How in the world did all of you Bill fans react? Even worse you had to wait for the instant replay and even worse than that , it was a playoff game! Did you guys break something...do you remember where you were? Have you ever gotten over it?

I can't believe a fin fan would give a **** about the Jills losing to anybody. Who cares, I loved the loss, after four stright years of the Jills going to the SB, and the players and fans talking smack I hope they never win more then eight games a year. The Jills have never won a SB yet the fans think they are the team to beat....whatever. I hope they are the cellar dwellars of the NFL this year.

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
Actually, four of us have.

Clumpy, CW, Justa and myself.... :hmmm:

Actually, I'm more impressed that so many fins fans wanted to share their pain when this oblviously couldv'e been a smack down of the bills kind of thread..My hat's off to all the fins who shared in this bills and phins painful memory typed thread...
:cry:

nICE ANSWER

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
Actually, four of us have.

Clumpy, CW, Justa and myself.... :hmmm:
Still looking for an answer........SEE ONE? Thought There might be some intelligent responses.......Why give insight when smack works much better!?

It was the second worst moment of my football life (Norwood #1). What else do you want us Bills fans to say. I sat there silent in disbelif. I did not know what to do. The Bills had a very good team that year. It was the most combined wins in any wild Card game. Buffalo 11-5 and Tennesee 11-5. I had a strong feeling the winner of that game was going to the bowl and sure enough they did.

You said your surprised at the response against the dolphins, but what would the Phins fans respond if I asked this question.

How did it feel to lose at HOME in a blowout in the AFC Championship in the 92 season in what was really Marino's last chance at a bowl against a divison rival?

I really don't think I would get true answers to the question.

Back
Top Bottom