A Scenario that lands us both Sewell and Smith/Chase | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Scenario that lands us both Sewell and Smith/Chase

Not trying to be a jerk, but this is a terrible idea/scenario. The draft is a crap shoot. Its always best to draft as many players as possible as opposed to trading picks to move up and draft "sure things". I can give hundreds of examples.......Dion Jordan comes to mind immediately.

If we draft Sewell at 3 (and I pray to God we dont), we can still pick up good players with those other picks. But drafting a LT in the 1st round simply doesn't make sense to me...

This is lame though. I can give you a draft counterpoint to nearly everything. For instance - Miami traded down instead of drafting Earl Thomas... and ended up with Jared Odrick + Koa Misi.

I think once you start getting into trade scenarios 2 months before the draft (and change), you set yourself up to go mad.

978b2c3f5a69e19bdaa6c766e6e056ba.gif

If we stick with Tua which seems likely, I continue to mull over Sewell or a WR at #3. Sewell is a can’t miss prospect so passing on him seems foolish at such a premium position, but we know we also need playmakers. In this scenario I propose the following:

Draft P. Sewell at #3

Trade #18, 36, and 81. 1,625 points on the trade chart for:

Detroit #7 selection valued at 1,500 points

Depending on how the draft unfolds one of Chase, Smith, or even Pitts should be available at 7. I think this is a good price to pay for a sure fire play maker we desperately need. Also, Detroit seems to be a great trade partner as they’ve already deferred compensation in the Stafford trade signaling they are prepared for a long rebuild and may be interested in accumulating more draft capital.

thoughts?
Im curious...how many 1st round OL had Mia selected or traded for or signed as a FA since 1999? Mia keeps getting OL while teams in their div acquire skilled players

Im curious...how many 1st round OL had Mia selected or traded for or signed as a FA since 1999? Mia keeps getting OL while teams in their div acquire skilled players
Aren't you the guy that proposed taking OL in each and every round including Sewell???

Draft the unicorn( pitts) at 3 and go from there.
Change this to "after two trade downs and at pick 11" but yes, I totally agree.

We need playmakers that catch the ball. He's the best one currently, and imo the one for the best POTENTIAL in the NFL is Waddle. Smith is the safest but then you're marrying a soft 7, and who wants that? All you do is dream about the 10 (Tyreek Hill, forget yesterdays game)

Im Totally with you.

I love me some Kyle Pitts as a biased Gator Alum, but 3 is way too high. Carolinas pick is ideal if not SF. Waddle is the better prospect of the two, but Pitts is a beast and wont complain if he ends up on miami. I see him land with the Pats though if he is there.

Back
Top Bottom