According to PFF.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to PFF..

quasi

Active Roster
Reaction score
The offensive line did not run block very well. Makes Ajayi's performance even more impressive.

[FONT=&quot]While Miami’s offensive line played well in pass protection, they struggled mightily in run blocking with Ja’Wuan James earning the highest grade in that aspect of the game with 65.7. However, this did not prevent second-year running back Jay Ajayi from running for more than 200 yards and single-handedly winning the game for the Dolphins. The former Boise State player was a nightmare to tackle for the Buffalo defenders as he broke 10 tackles on 29 carries and averaged 4.4 yards after contact.[/FONT]

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-nfl-buf-mia-grades-outstanding-ajayi-leads-dolphins-to-win/

Interesting side note, we had both the best and worst performance of the week, with Ajayi having the best and Maxwell the worst.

I swear PFF...like most NFL fans don't watch the games.

Don't get me wrong, Ajayi ran great, with decisive quick moves. But that line made some huge holes for him to run through. They got to the LB's and made space.

Don't get me wrong, Ajayi ran great, with decisive quick moves. But that line made some huge holes for him to run through. They got to the LB's and made space.

That d-line isn't a bunch of punks so its understandable. I didn't think the line was great either, Ajayi just has the juice right now

Yes Ajayi had holes, but how many times did he break through multiple tackles? Multiple times Bills' linebackers & safetys could not bring him down. It was definitely a combination of the two but a ton of backs in the league could have had those holes and not had this kind of yardage.

Dmac

Yup, just like most top RBs. I'm not saying JA is a "top" RB, but it is no coincidence most top backs have good OLs.

The offensive line did not run block very well. Makes Ajayi's performance even more impressive.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-nfl-buf-mia-grades-outstanding-ajayi-leads-dolphins-to-win/

Interesting side note, we had both the best and worst performance of the week, with Ajayi having the best and Maxwell the worst.

I think this only exposes the flaw in PFF ratings. You have to watch the games sometimes. Run blocking is also a team effort, not just O-line. There were some great blocks on the longer runs.

The love affair with Maxwell lasted one game. I don't know how you can have a game like he did against Pitt and then turn around the very next game and phone it in. I watched Tyrod stare down his man for 3 minutes.....and still complete the 15 yard first down with a 10 yard cushion. I literally had enough time from the stands to see the open guy, notice Taylor was staring him down, and then scream "get on him"...yet Maxwell doesn't break on him until right before the ball gets to the WR. I'm done with him. He also suffers from contactaphobia.....what a freaking pansy

Yes Ajayi had holes, but how many times did he break through multiple tackles? Multiple times Bills' linebackers & safetys could not bring him down. It was definitely a combination of the two but a ton of backs in the league could have had those holes and not had this kind of yardage.

Dmac

but how do you even get to the linebackers and safetys without good oline play?

that's what I'm sayin.

The oline was great...Ajayi's running was great.

add them together and you have back to back 200 yard games.....which according to PFF was DESPITE poor run blocking.

which is ludicrous.

PFF is for "entertainment" purposes only. Those stats needs to be taken with a grain of salt....the good and the bad.

I mentioned this in another post, but for those who didn't watch the nationally televised broadcast, Adam Archuleta was raving about the Fins O-line and their run blocking. He seemed to pay special attention to line play...there were several replays with his analysis of Miami's O-line (particularly the run blocking).

Once Culliver and Howard get back Maxwell won't be starting anymore.

Think about that, Miami has two weeks to rest, heal up, and get ready for the Jets, but then consider as good as Miami has looked the last two weeks, they are probably about to eventually get much better defensively.

Imagine if we had not lost Jones. :(

I don't think the line made a lot of holes. No one other than Ajayi had much success running the ball.

Williams had that 12 yard TD run and his 3 other carries got him 4 yards

Foster had 3 carries for 5 yards.

Tannehill had 6 carries for 21 yards but only one of those was a designed run...the rest were scrambles which makes me wonder how they got a higher grade in pass blocking.

Dmac

As I have said over and over, and PROVEN for almost 100 years, the GREAT backs don't need a great line. They make their own living. I have also posted the NATE NEWTON quote he gave years ago about Emmit Smith and how he made their line look so much better than they were. I advise many of you to look it up and ponder over what Nate said.

What I find funny about this is, Michael Thomas took the blame for the TD Maxwell gave up. They had to go back and change their grade and he is now not the worst. They don't have a clue what they are watching.

Well, I'll be looking forward to the game when our offensive line,according to PFF, has a great blocking game and Ajayi runs for 400yards

Back
Top Bottom