According to PFF.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to PFF..

It was all Ajayi. Our oline did not dominate anything. This is why in always find it a joke when people disrespect PFF. As if there is no way a running back or qb could do well behind a oline that didn't dominate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAwdHxQ3O2U&sns=em

Almost every carry here, Ajayi has to make an adjustment or break through a tackle to find yards.

Almost none of the yards were giving to Ajayi by the oline this game. The steelers game was a different story, but in this game It was all Ajayi.

PFF is not wrong here.

and I thought you specialized in only being wrong about the QB position. Way to branch out and be equal opportunity.

The problem you are struggling with is that you are defining a "hole" as some 4 yard opening. I won't take anything away from Ajayi, bc man he deserves all the credit in the world. He broke tackles and ran with a vengeance the last 2 weeks.....BUT, there were holes. The OLine did a great job in the trenches and at least helped get him sprung out of the backfield on a majority of those plays. The rest was all him. He was a total beast yesterday. But the OLine handled their business fantastic!

What I want to know is how the hell does PFF analyze film when the coaches tape doesn't come out until Tuesday? Do they get it earlier? Not that I know of...

the same thing that FH arm chair analysts use.....boxscores, beer and impaired vision.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Yes, they Should get a job sitting at home all day complaining on twitter and making gifs and attacking everyone elses work. I bet that day job would pay well.

What you mean to say is "umm I have no way to prove PFF wrong just like everyone else that talks bad about PFF"

I posted a video above on his highlights, where are all these huge openings the oline created for him? They don't exist, and that's in the highlights. Imagine what the bad plays look like.

Ajayi was fhe reason we had a run game, not oline.

:lol:

I have no way to prove them wrong??

there was about 3 hours of proof yesterday....perhaps you missed it?

It was all Ajayi. Our oline did not dominate anything. This is why in always find it a joke when people disrespect PFF. As if there is no way a running back or qb could do well behind a oline that didn't dominate.

Almost every carry here, Ajayi has to make an adjustment or break through a tackle to find yards.

Almost none of the yards were giving to Ajayi by the oline this game. The steelers game was a different story, but in this game It was all Ajayi.

PFF is not wrong here.
I have to admit, in looking at those highlights, Ajayi deserves a lot of credit for what he did yesterday. He was absolutely committed on all his runs, whether it was blasting through a big hole (a few times), cutting back hard into a seam (a number of times), or slamming through a tiny gap that would've had Williams/Foster or just about anyone doing the moonwalk (many times). OL did fine too, especially considering who they were up against, but I don't think those highlights showed o-line domination as much as a RB in beast mode.

PFF is not wrong here.

WOW,
I just watched that video....actually only the first two runs and I see the OLINE doing a great job.

do you even recognize all ten players on the field?

cuz your posting seems to ever show you focusing on one player and not seeing the whole play(Tannehill and no Ajayi)

clearly you don't understand what you are watching or you are being completely obtuse for some other reason.

Funny someone else posted a link that had Tunsil and Albert (I think Albert) in the top 5 of run blocking this week, and Tunsil being #1. But no Ajayi did it ALL ALONE!

A perfect run grade on a play by PFF standards Would mean Ajayi got the ball and the lane was wide open as soon as he touched the ball and Ajayi was able to to go full speed straight through it without having to make any adjustments or break any tackles.

Those lanes did not exist, maybe on a few, but thats it.

PFF isn't saying the oline was bad at run blocking, they are saying they just weren't great, And that Ajayi was phenomenal.

I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend, but my guess its because fans here seem to believe that QBs/rbs can only succeed with a great oline. You know, the tannehill defense....

I'll be more than happy to resurrect this fallacy of a thread and analyze the o-line play later this week. It'll be my pleasure to finally be able to do so in a positive light concerning the Dolphins. Kudos to the everyone in the run game.

After yeArs of attacking PFF your going to actually attempt to prove yourself right for once?

Nope. My bet is more likely you will run and hide like normal, maybe change your name again, and ask a mod to delete comments and threads to cover up the evidence.

WOW,
I just watched that video....actually only the first two runs and I see the OLINE doing a great job.

do you even recognize all ten players on the field?

cuz your posting seems to ever show you focusing on one player and not seeing the whole play(Tannehill and no Ajayi)

clearly you don't understand what you are watching or you are being completely obtuse for some other reason.

PFF nor I ever said the oline didn't play well.

They didn't play play is what I said and what off grades showed.

Ajayi had to make adjustments or break takles on every run almost before reaching the line of scrimmage.

That is not a dominate performance by thenpoint by any means.

I have to admit, in looking at those highlights, Ajayi deserves a lot of credit for what he did yesterday. He was absolutely committed on all his runs, whether it was blasting through a big hole (a few times), cutting back hard into a seam (a number of times), or slamming through a tiny gap that would've had Williams/Foster or just about anyone doing the moonwalk (many times). OL did fine too, especially considering who they were up against, but I don't think those highlights showed o-line domination as much as a RB in beast mode.

how??
really how do you guys not see the lineman clearing guys out of the way?
there were lineman clearing guys out of the way halfway down the field giving ajayi room.

I get it, everyone is looking for our next superstar. and I want to prop him up as much as anyone, and YES he deserves it. but why does it have to be at the expense of other players that are just as deserving of praise?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

PFF nor I ever said the oline didn't play well.

They didn't play play is what I said and what off grades showed.

Ajayi had to make adjustments or break takles on every run almost before reaching the line of scrimmage.

That is not a dominate performance by thenpoint by any means.
what are you even watching?

yes he broke tackles, yes he made great plays...but behind the line of scrimmage??
very rarely did he get touched before the LOS yesterday.

I mean you posted the highlights....why the hell didn't you watch them?

Well I don't want to take anything from Ajayi cuz he was in Beast mode for sure, but let's not discredit the work the OL did.

While Miami’s offensive line played well in pass protection, they struggled mightily in run blocking with Ja’Wuan James earning the highest grade in that aspect of the game with 65.7. However, this did not prevent second-year running back Jay Ajayi from running for more than 200 yards and single-handedly winning the game for the Dolphins. The former Boise State player was a nightmare to tackle for the Buffalo defenders as he broke 10 tackles on 29 carries and averaged 4.4 yards after contact.

This is beyond stupid. I'm not taking anything away from Ajayi, but to say we "struggled mightily" with run blocking is pure football ignorance. Teams or RBs simply don't gain over 200 yards at this level of competition if the line isn't blocking well and creating running lanes.

What I want to know is how the hell does PFF analyze film when the coaches tape doesn't come out until Tuesday? Do they get it earlier? Not that I know of...

Their nothing more than tabloid statistics. They publish grades 30-60 minutes after games off strictly broadcast coverage. Creates clicks with conversation.

how??
really how do you guys not see the lineman clearing guys out of the way?
there were lineman clearing guys out of the way halfway down the field giving ajayi room.

I get it, everyone is looking for our next superstar. and I want to prop him up as much as anyone, and YES he deserves it. but why does it have to be at the expense of other players that are just as deserving of praise?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

what are you even watching?

yes he broke tackles, yes he made great plays...but behind the line of scrimmage??
very rarely did he get touched before the LOS yesterday.

I mean you posted the highlights....why the hell didn't you watch them?

This is not even complicated.

A positive run grade means he had to make NO adjustments, and break NO tackles at the line of scrimmage or before.

That rarely happens in this game even in the highlights. Hence why the oline didn't get high grades. Almost every play in highlights Ajayi has to make an adjustment or break a tackle.

And as I said before, thats the highlights, imagine the low points.

PFFs grade is based on the accumulation of grades for each play. Even if the oline did dominate on a bunch of plays which they didn't), they would still have a lower final grade based on all the bad or average plays.

How is this so complicated for you? This is basic stuff man.

Ajayi was phenomenal, the Oline run blocking was not, there is nothing else to it.

This is not even complicated.

A positive run grade means he had to make NO adjustments, and break NO tackles at the line of scrimmage or before.

That rarely happens in this game even in the highlights. Hence why the oline didn't get high grades. Almost every play in highlights Ajayi has to make an adjustment or break a tackle.

And as I said before, thats the highlights, imagine the low points.

PFFs grade is based on the accumulation of grades for each play. Even if the oline did dominate on a bunch of plays which they didn't), they would still have a lower final grade based on all the bad or average plays.

How is this so complicated for you? This is basic stuff man.

Ajayi was phenomenal, the Oline run blocking was not, there is nothing else to it.

Well there it is...straight from the book of War 18:3. Must be gospel.

I knew you were wrong a lot, I didn't realize however that you were so willing to bring so much attention to it and then elevate yourself for it.

Well there it is...straight from the book of War 18:3. Must be gospel.

I knew you were wrong a lot, I didn't realize however that you were so willing to bring so much attention to it and then elevate yourself for it.

The kind of response I expect from someone who finds PFF's grading system too complicated to comprehend.

Back
Top Bottom