According to PFF.. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to PFF..

See? Just arguing to argue lol.

bro, you posted the video of the highlights that proved yourself wrong. on almost every run Ajayi got to or past the LOS before even being touched. many times getting to the second level. And when he did their were lineman right there still making blocks. and this wasn't just the Oline(proper) the TE and receivers also got in to the blocking down field.

you denying it, or ignoring it doesn't prove anything.

But he has to argue....because reasons.

Well we won 2 in a row. At Finheaven that means we need to argue about success!

I thought the run blocking was very good. Many plays were gashed wide open at the outset. Ajayi already had a head of steam and square shoulders when he broke many of those tackles. If the run blocking had been as poor as PFF insists, Ajayi would have been encountered by multiple defenders and forced to dance, i.e. similar to his preseason struggles when our run blocking was indeed awful.

On Canes sites there has been consensus that the whole of the offensive line is less than the sum of its parts. With the Dolphins this week it might have been the opposite. Who cares? Good things happen when a team of our level runs the ball defiantly.

bro, you posted the video of the highlights that proved yourself wrong. on almost every run Ajayi got to or past the LOS before even being touched. many times getting to the second level. And when he did their were lineman right there still making blocks. and this wasn't just the Oline(proper) the TE and receivers also got in to the blocking down field.

you denying it, or ignoring it doesn't prove anything.

Ajayi had to stop and go and change his run path, or break tackles at or before then line of scrimmage on almost every play in the highlight you keep referring to. That means the oline did not dominate.

How do you not see that? Just because he's not being hit doesn't mean the oline is doing a great job run blocking.

PFF is not going to give you a positive grade if the running back has to adjust because your not winning up front.

Pff only grades from -2 to +2, if you want a +2 that means you completely dominated the guy in front of you, basically would mean the Olineman blew the Dline off the line of scrimmage and gave Ajayi a completely free open lane to run through.

By all means Show me where you see that happening, and remember the fiinal grade is a sum of all individual grades.

I thought the run blocking was very good. Many plays were gashed wide open at the outset. Ajayi already had a head of steam and square shoulders when he broke many of those tackles. If the run blocking had been as poor as PFF insists, Ajayi would have been encountered by multiple defenders and forced to dance, i.e. similar to his preseason struggles when our run blocking was indeed awful.

On Canes sites there has been consensus that the whole of the offensive line is less than the sum of its parts. With the Dolphins this week it might have been the opposite. Who cares? Good things happen when a team of our level runs the ball defiantly.

I don't think the oline played bad, but I don't think they dominated or did anything even close to that in the run game either.

PFF didn't say the oline was awful they gave out grades of mostly average to below average. I don't even think thats bad against buff who have been very good against the run.

If you could go against a good run stopping team and get average run blocking production with a running back playing great, you would probably sign up for that every time.

This was only just the impressive blocking of the first series.

1st run play, 1st play: Ajayi has three reads on this run and two are wide open - the Bang and the Bend. Jay chooses the Bend and gains 10, 9 of which occur before ever seeing contact.
[vine]5dhevulMati[/vine]

2nd run play: Some good old power blocking here. Everyone mans up, Landry lands a great crackback block on the DB and Tunsil pulls and drives the LB into another DB's lap. ****ing awesome blocking on display here for 11 yards and might be more if Ajayi hadn't run up the backside of his guard.
[vine]5dhexxpqUH6[/vine]

3rd run play: Tackle overload. Albert, James, Tunsil all on the left with some excellent zone blocking. Great reach block here by Tunsil; watch him get outside his man and seal him. Pouncey has nice recognition in getting into the 2nd level and spinning around to seal the defender. Gain of 9 here.
[vine]5dhiqrmXnt5[/vine]

4th run play: Seal block could have been more effective but good enough for a 4 yard gain and Grey gets tossed. Ajayi has an inside read here he could have taken as well that had he remained patient it may have fared better.
[vine]5dhiFluMT9q[/vine]

5th run play: Again, very well done. Awesome double trap concept and well executed. Albert and Tunsil stun their defender and climb to the 2nd level while Grey pulls inside and finishes him off (K Williams) and Bushrod with a nice trap black on the backside defender. Ajayi with a sweet cut and go with more daylight cleared by the o-line as he doesnt see contact til another 10 or so yards downfield.
[vine]5dh5uD5h53b[/vine]

That's just the first handful of drives in the first series. Both the offensive line and Ajayi dominated the ground game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ajayi had to stop and go and change his run path, or break tackles at or before then line of scrimmage on almost every play in the highlight you keep referring to. That means the oline did not dominate.

How do you not see that? Just because he's not being hit doesn't mean the oline is doing a great job run blocking.

Get real! How do you see that? It's practically the exact opposite of what happened.

PFF didn't say the oline was awful they gave out grades of mostly average to below average. I don't even think thats bad against buff who have been very good against the run.

No, PFF said the offensive line "struggled mightily." As I said before, that's beyond stupid and ignorant at best.

1st run play, 1st play: Ajayi has three reads on this run and two are wide open - the Bang and the Bend. Jay chooses the Bend and gains 10, 9 of which occur before ever seeing contact.
[vine]5dhevulMati[/vine]

2nd run play: Some good old power blocking here. Everyone mans up, Landry lands a great down block on the DB and Tunsil pulls and drives the LB into another DB's lap. ****ing awesome blocking on display here for 11 yards and might be more if Ajayi hadn't run up the backside of his guard.
[vine]5dhexxpqUH6[/vine]

3rd run play: Tackle overload. Albert, James, Tunsil all on the left with some excellent zone blocking. Great reach block here by Tunsil; watch him get outside his man and seal him. Pouncey has nice recognition in getting into the 2nd level and spinning around to seal the defender. Gain of 9 here.
[vine]5dhiqrmXnt5[/vine]

4th run play: Seal block could have been more effective but good enough for a 4 yard gain and Grey gets tossed.
[vine]5dhiFluMT9q[/vine]

5th run play: Again, very well done. Awesome double trap concept and well executed. Albert and Tunsil stun their defender and climb to the 2nd level while Grey pulls inside and finishes him off (K Williams) and Bushrod with a nice trap black on the backside defender. Ajayi with a sweet cut and go with more daylight cleared by the o-line as he doesnt see contact til another 10 or so yards downfield.
[vine]5dh5uD5h53b[/vine]

That's just the first handful of drives in the first series. Both the offensive line and Ajayi dominated the ground game.

Do you have a mic in your house, that you dropped right after you posted that..... just for good measure?

The love affair with Maxwell lasted one game. I don't know how you can have a game like he did against Pitt and then turn around the very next game and phone it in. I watched Tyrod stare down his man for 3 minutes.....and still complete the 15 yard first down with a 10 yard cushion. I literally had enough time from the stands to see the open guy, notice Taylor was staring him down, and then scream "get on him"...yet Maxwell doesn't break on him until right before the ball gets to the WR. I'm done with him. He also suffers from contactaphobia.....what a freaking pansy

"In space, no one can hear you scream" couldn't resist

[vine]5dhevulMati[/vine]

2nd run play: Some good old power blocking here. Everyone mans up, Landry lands a great crackback block on the DB and Tunsil pulls and drives the LB into another DB's lap. ****ing awesome blocking on display here for 11 yards and might be more if Ajayi hadn't run up the backside of his guard.
[vine]5dhexxpqUH6[/vine]

[vine]5dhiqrmXnt5[/vine]

4th run play: Seal block could have been more effective but good enough for a 4 yard gain and Grey gets tossed. Ajayi has an inside read here he could have taken as well that had he remained patient it may have fared better.
[vine]5dhiFluMT9q[/vine]

[vine]5dh5uD5h53b[/vine]

is this not its own thread?

PFF is not going to give you a positive grade if the running back has to adjust because your not winning up front.

Pff only grades from -2 to +2, if you want a +2 that means you completely dominated the guy in front of you, basically would mean the Olineman blew the Dline off the line of scrimmage and gave Ajayi a completely free open lane to run through.

By all means Show me where you see that happening, and remember the fiinal grade is a sum of all individual grades.

I don't think the oline played bad, but I don't think they dominated or did anything even close to that in the run game either.

If you could go against a good run stopping team and get average run blocking production with a running back playing great, you would probably sign up for that every time.

Lol, bro, you have no idea what you are talking about....

Go look at CB's post. He had to cut back? Where no defenders were? Cuz the line pushed them away? Hmmm....maybe that was the ****in plan? Geeez

I would love to see dallas thomas at RG in those clips.. Ajayi for -2 yards every play. And then it would be all Tannehills fault

[vine]5dhevulMati[/vine]

[vine]5dhexxpqUH6[/vine]

[vine]5dhiqrmXnt5[/vine]

[vine]5dhiFluMT9q[/vine]

[vine]5dh5uD5h53b[/vine]

Fantastic clips and post, gaping holes right there if that didn't end this thread there is no hope

Back
Top Bottom