According to PFF.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to PFF..

This is not even complicated.

A positive run grade means he had to make NO adjustments, and break NO tackles at the line of scrimmage or before.

That rarely happens in this game even in the highlights. Hence why the oline didn't get high grades. Almost every play in highlights Ajayi has to make an adjustment or break a tackle.

And as I said before, thats the highlights, imagine the low points.

PFFs grade is based on the accumulation of grades for each play. Even if the oline did dominate on a bunch of plays which they didn't), they would still have a lower final grade based on all the bad or average plays.

How is this so complicated for you? This is basic stuff man.

Ajayi was phenomenal, the Oline run blocking was not, there is nothing else to it.

I too find curious as to how you can post a highlight video which on the first play shows the offensive line containing and making room for Jay to get cranked up and past the LOS. I'm truly curious to know where you have seen Jay get hit behind the line so many times?
The oline blocks very well for Jay's style of running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kind of response I expect from someone who finds PFF's grading system too complicated to comprehend.

I think people are questioning (correctly so) the subjectivity of statistical grades put together (~12 hours after the game?) before game film can be completely and accurately analyzed.

I have to admit I get a good laugh on this board just by reading all the post of people telling each other how wrong they are about the game they all just watched. I believe Ajayi running for over 200 yards back to back was a combination of the o-line doing a good job and Ajayi playing the way he did in college. To give Ajayi the whole credit would be wrong imo. I'd say it was 70% Ajayi and 30% the blocking which includes the o-line plus TE's and WR's too. In the 53 yarder from our 3 yard line did anyone notice Landry blocking all the way at the end of that play? Bushrod had the key block early then Ajayi ran thru two defenders and Landry ran with him trying to help out too. It takes 11 guys out there people and thought I give Ajayi at least 70%, the rest of the team matters too. BTW, not only is he the 4th guy ever to do that but he's the only player EVER to have 2000 yards rushing plus 500 receiving in the same season in college. This guy is for real.

Ozzy rules!!

A positive run grade means he had to make NO adjustments, and break NO tackles at the line of scrimmage or before.

Ah-ha! I subscribed to PFF for years and there are a few stats I could never understand. OL grade was one. This is going to sound like I don't believe you, but, honest request. Can you post a link showing the grading system?

The kind of response I expect from someone who finds PFF's grading system too complicated to comprehend.

So you also know how much comprehension I posses?

Got news for you, I watched the game live too, therefore I have just as much data as PFF to grade this game. I actually comprehend this quite well, grading our OLine as bad from yesterdays game is completely stupid. I'll "comprehend" all day baby! :hump:

They have to re-watch the game tape. Take a look at Tunsil, James, Pouncey even Bushrod were pushing back people 2 miles backwards. This O-line is the most expensive O-Line in the history of mankind (salary wise and draft status wise). Only Bushrod is not a high draft pick but he was the Saints' starting left tackle when they won the Superbowl.

I don't think that the chemistry is at 100% yet, but I can only imagine what wall Ajayi will have in front of him next season if that O-line is intact. Even Trump will call that great wall and make Mexico pay Ross for it.

That rarely happens in this game even in the highlights. Hence why the oline didn't get high grades. Almost every play in highlights Ajayi has to make an adjustment or break a tackle.

And as I said before, thats the highlights, imagine the low points.

PFFs grade is based on the accumulation of grades for each play. Even if the oline did dominate on a bunch of plays which they didn't), they would still have a lower final grade based on all the bad or average plays.

How is this so complicated for you? This is basic stuff man.

Ajayi was phenomenal, the Oline run blocking was not, there is nothing else to it.
how can you say it rarely happens in this game??

how do you know the runs weren't planned cutbacks (which some of them looked like, with the oline clearing the full left side for him to cut right)

there's WAY more to it then what YOU see during the broadcast. but if PFF says it then I guess it means they are right....to you.

Why you guys continue to worry about war says is beyond me. He'll fight you tooth n nail regardless of how many times proven wrong

I have to admit I get a good laugh on this board just by reading all the post of people telling each other how wrong they are about the game they all just watched. I believe Ajayi running for over 200 yards back to back was a combination of the o-line doing a good job and Ajayi playing the way he did in college. To give Ajayi the whole credit would be wrong imo. I'd say it was 70% Ajayi and 30% the blocking which includes the o-line plus TE's and WR's too. In the 53 yarder from our 3 yard line did anyone notice Landry blocking all the way at the end of that play? Bushrod had the key block early then Ajayi ran thru two defenders and Landry ran with him trying to help out too. It takes 11 guys out there people and thought I give Ajayi at least 70%, the rest of the team matters too. BTW, not only is he the 4th guy ever to do that but he's the only player EVER to have 2000 yards rushing plus 500 receiving in the same season in college. This guy is for real.

Ozzy rules!!

Only here would fault be found in back to back games with over 200+ yards rushing by one player. It's like arguing after hitting the lotto that you have to pay too many taxes on money you didn't have before hand anyway.

Ajayi is a guy who needs a head of steam to get going and when he does it takes an insurmountable force to bring down. Our line did well enough to let him get that head of steam. We had enough plays where the backfield was clean and a little bit of a crease was created. Without our starting 5, we couldn't even keep a clean backfield.

Only here would fault be found in back to back games with over 200+ yards rushing by one player. It's like arguing after hitting the lotto that you have to pay too many taxes on money you didn't have before hand anyway.

That's the issue, though. 6-7 players had a very helpful hand for those rushing yards. RB's don't produce 200+ on the ground by themselves with subpar line play. Not in the NFL.

Why you guys continue to worry about war says is beyond me. He'll fight you tooth n nail regardless of how many times proven wrong

Proven wrong?

You guys didn't even attempt to prove me wrong, you just resorted to childish insults as if they have any effect on the debate.

Proven wrong?

You guys didn't even attempt to prove me wrong, you just resorted to childish insults as if they have any effect on the debate.

bro, you posted the video of the highlights that proved yourself wrong. on almost every run Ajayi got to or past the LOS before even being touched. many times getting to the second level. And when he did their were lineman right there still making blocks. and this wasn't just the Oline(proper) the TE and receivers also got in to the blocking down field.

you denying it, or ignoring it doesn't prove anything.

Back
Top Bottom