According to PFF.. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to PFF..

This was only just the impressive blocking of the first series.

1st run play, 1st play: Ajayi has three reads on this run and two are wide open - the Bang and the Bend. Jay chooses the Bend and gains 10, 9 of which occur before ever seeing contact.
[vine]5dhevulMati[/vine]

2nd run play: Some good old power blocking here. Everyone mans up, Landry lands a great crackback block on the DB and Tunsil pulls and drives the LB into another DB's lap. ****ing awesome blocking on display here for 11 yards and might be more if Ajayi hadn't run up the backside of his guard.
[vine]5dhexxpqUH6[/vine]

3rd run play: Tackle overload. Albert, James, Tunsil all on the left with some excellent zone blocking. Great reach block here by Tunsil; watch him get outside his man and seal him. Pouncey has nice recognition in getting into the 2nd level and spinning around to seal the defender. Gain of 9 here.
[vine]5dhiqrmXnt5[/vine]

4th run play: Seal block could have been more effective but good enough for a 4 yard gain and Grey gets tossed. Ajayi has an inside read here he could have taken as well that had he remained patient it may have fared better.
[vine]5dhiFluMT9q[/vine]

5th run play: Again, very well done. Awesome double trap concept and well executed. Albert and Tunsil stun their defender and climb to the 2nd level while Grey pulls inside and finishes him off (K Williams) and Bushrod with a nice trap black on the backside defender. Ajayi with a sweet cut and go with more daylight cleared by the o-line as he doesnt see contact til another 10 or so yards downfield.
[vine]5dh5uD5h53b[/vine]

That's just the first handful of drives in the first series. Both the offensive line and Ajayi dominated the ground game.

The 4th play was indeed a bad read. The middle looked wide open. But as long as you get 3-4 yards every play you can't be upset. The oline was excellent run blocking

I do feel like there were a few plays in pass protection the line got taken to task on. But Rex blitzed too many guys to block and the ball has to come out fast. The 1 sack they gave up, Tannehill had no chance. Line was killed. This caused a handful of drives to end. Good defense on Buffalos part

I wonder if war is gonna come back?

Yeah I'll come back I dont run from the Internet.

Nice post by CB, but he did what he always does and only posts the clips he likes that fits his argument.

He posted 5 plays, we ran the ball 35 times. PFF doesn't grade by only the best plays, they grade all the plays, so what point has been proven here?

None...

Back
Top Bottom