According to PFF.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to PFF..

Ajayi was one of my the top backs in college football. Second only to Gurley IMHO.
Were it not for those reports about his knee, after the combine, he would have been a 1st or early 2nd round pick.
This guy is no fluke.
I just hope the coaches pace him and not run him into the ground.

Ajayi was one of my the top backs in college football. Second only to Gurley IMHO.
Were it not for those reports about his knee, after the combine, he would have been a 1st or early 2nd round pick.
This guy is no fluke.
I just hope the coaches pace him and not run him into the ground.
I definitely want to keep him under 25 touches a game, but, when you have the hot hand and you're a man amongst boys, you gotta be able to bring it even when the tank is empty.

I don't think the line made a lot of holes. No one other than Ajayi had much success running the ball.

Williams had that 12 yard TD run and his 3 other carries got him 4 yards

Foster had 3 carries for 5 yards.

Tannehill had 6 carries for 21 yards but only one of those was a designed run...the rest were scrambles which makes me wonder how they got a higher grade in pass blocking.
I think you need to go rewatch the game.

that line made holes, they were getting to the second level, and putting the smack down on that defensive line.

D. Williams was money on that TD run. If he limits the dancing, he'll be a nice option behind Ajayi - both as a receiver and runner. Moving forward, Miami does have to limit Ajayi's touches some. Williams has the physical talent to do most of what Ajayi did Sunday. His lack of decisiveness has limited his production to date, but I'd keep him ahead of Drake and Foster.

It was all Ajayi. Our oline did not dominate anything. This is why in always find it a joke when people disrespect PFF. As if there is no way a running back or qb could do well behind a oline that didn't dominate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAwdHxQ3O2U&sns=em

Almost every carry here, Ajayi has to make an adjustment or break through a tackle to find yards.

Almost none of the yards were giving to Ajayi by the oline this game. The steelers game was a different story, but in this game It was all Ajayi.

PFF is not wrong here.

D. Williams was money on that TD run. If he limits the dancing, he'll be a nice option behind Ajayi - both as a receiver and runner. Moving forward, Miami does have to limit Ajayi's touches some. Williams has the physical talent to do most of what Ajayi did Sunday. His lack of decisiveness has limited his production to date, but I'd keep him ahead of Drake and Foster.

Williams has improved a lot. He actually looks like a NFL running back now, instead of just a really well built athlete who takes hand offs. I always said he was built perfect to be a NFL running back. Interested to see if he continue to develop.

Both Ajayi and Williams have shown greatly improved vision and decisiveness.

. . . struggled mightily in run blocking

:bobdole:

day-job.jpg

It was all Ajayi. Our oline did not dominate anything. This is why in always find it a joke when people disrespect PFF. As if there is no way a running back or qb could do well behind a oline that didn't dominate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAwdHxQ3O2U&sns=em

Almost every carry here, Ajayi has to make an adjustment or break through a tackle to find yards.

Almost none of the yards were giving to Ajayi by the oline this game. The steelers game was a different story, but in this game It was all Ajayi.

PFF is not wrong here.

ummm.....no

You have it backwards.

We disagree. Note the "" around "top." every year there are RBs who LOOK successful. Swap teams and, ummm, NOT successful. Yes, there are RBs who make teh OL look better than they are, but not every "top" (note the "") RBs do it by themselves.

Yes, they Should get a job sitting at home all day complaining on twitter and making gifs and attacking everyone elses work. I bet that day job would pay well.

ummm.....no

What you mean to say is "umm I have no way to prove PFF wrong just like everyone else that talks bad about PFF"

I posted a video above on his highlights, where are all these huge openings the oline created for him? They don't exist, and that's in the highlights. Imagine what the bad plays look like.

Ajayi was fhe reason we had a run game, not oline.

Funny someone else posted a link that had Tunsil and Albert (I think Albert) in the top 5 of run blocking this week, and Tunsil being #1. But no Ajayi did it ALL ALONE!

I'll be more than happy to resurrect this fallacy of a thread and analyze the o-line play later this week. It'll be my pleasure to finally be able to do so in a positive light concerning the Dolphins. Kudos to the everyone in the run game.

What I want to know is how the hell does PFF analyze film when the coaches tape doesn't come out until Tuesday? Do they get it earlier? Not that I know of...

Back
Top Bottom