Acquiring a 4th First Round Pick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acquiring a 4th First Round Pick

If other teams are willing to jump up for Tua we might need to just let go of the rope... There is no way we can afford to get into bidding war for Tua... Giving up three first round picks

Instead we need to look at other QB solutions so if Tua is not there at 5.... We have a plan to stack the defense and bring in another QB that can work for our future.
Well, technically, we can "afford" to outbid just about anyone. That doesn't mean it's a good idea.

As far as a plan to stock the defense, see my above post for my view on that.

Love a great defense, but I don't think that is the plan this offseason.

I'd rather see us trade 18 and 39 to move up to arizona's spot at 8 if we were not moving up from 5.

That would give us 5, 8, and 26.

Or trade 26 and 39 to the raiders for 12 to give us 5, 12, and 18.

But I still think we would be foolish not to move up from 5 for a QB.

I don't disagree about there being some very good defensive options at the top of the draft, and I would love to get a couple, BUT, the only way we go that direction, is if two things are true.

1. The staff believes Rosen is deserving of a good hard look.

2. They feel free agency has, at least made the O-line servicable.

I have my doubts about either of those things.

Mach

There is plenty of ways to boost the O line..
1. Sign Thuney...

2 Draft Biadasz and Prince wanogho in second round... Giving us a Tackle and a center to build around

This draft is loaded with running backs... So if they take care of the Line... We can get a stud in the third or 4th round to address the RB position.

Because we have 140 million dollars to spend ( Whatever the figure is. ) We can sign Thuney and a running back like Eckler and afford to over pay them both to get them into a Dolphins Uniform

Or we could trade back every pick and own every pick in the 2021 draft

Mach

There is plenty of ways to boost the O line..
1. Sign Thuney...

2 Draft Biadasz and Prince wanogho in second round... Giving us a Tackle and a center to build around

This draft is loaded with running backs... So if they take care of the Line... We can get a stud in the third or 4th round to address the RB position.

Because we have 140 million dollars to spend ( Whatever the figure is. ) We can sign Thuney and a running back like Eckler and afford to over pay them both to get them into a Dolphins Uniform
We could do those things.

Sounds like you are fine with, in your own words, overpaying.

That is, partly, the reason we are where we are at, and is short term thinking, IMO.

I get it, a lot of people want to put a contender on the field next season. We (the organization) decided to do a ground up rebuild after the 2018 season. That takes more than a year, and I have no reason to believe they have changed direction.

Be patient. We will be better off, in the long run.

Or we could trade back every pick and own every pick in the 2021 draft
Now that would be interesting, to say the least.

It would be hard to take another season of UDFAs playing 40 snaps a game, but come 2021 we would have a blast at the draft.

Back
Top Bottom