Acquiring a 4th First Round Pick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acquiring a 4th First Round Pick

Ashtyn Davis and Antoine Winfield Jr. fit what this coaching staff is likely seeking better at safety, IMO.

I see these 2 as the early favorite for our pick 2A.

I love Winfield, and think he’s a future stud. If we have to give up a round 4 pick to move to 30 to get him, I’m okay with that.

we need to get OUR guys.

Miami will keep a close eye on the "runs." When does the run on corners begin? How about running backs? If the Dolphins want one of the top running backs -- Swift, Taylor and Dobbins --- and all of a sudden two are off the board near the end of round 1, I could see a trade up. Same with a lot of positions.

The nice thing about having so many draft picks is the Dolphins can target players and move up and down to get the ones they like. I'm not opposed to trading down and getting more picks, but I don't disagree with moving up to get talent either.

Great post

I am more than fine with taking three or four mid or late round picks to move up or get another pick in the second or third round... If there is a particular player we need.

Like winfield.

No need for sarcasm.

My point was that any trade up, or down, can be good or bad. It depends on who available, and how accurate of a "grade" our evaluators have made, more then specific draft slots

Let's not get carried away with the difference in rd1 and rd2.

Is pick 31 really a huge difference than pick 34?

it is if the guy you covet gets picked by teams32 and 33. That’s why it’s about reading the board.

it is if the guy you covet gets picked by teams32 and 33. That’s why it’s about reading the board.
Well that's true, but that's more about an individual, rather than the "value" of the pick.

I am more than fine with taking three or four mid or late round picks to move up or get another pick in the second or third round... If there is a particular player we need.

Like winfield.
dude, you are are on fire today. You and I think the same.

How did the Mahomes trade go?

WTF kind of question is that? You’re proposing trading 39/56 for a pick in the 20’s w/o naming a target and when I ask you what’s the point you cite Patrick Mahomes?

I’m saying trading 2 valuable picks just for the sake of adding 20/21 w/o any rhyme or reason doesn’t make sense. Assuming MIA drafts a QB at #5, who would they be targeting at 20/21 ?? Certainly not Patrick Mahomes.

So who is the trade target?

We have 40 holes on this team, on the low side. This team's mentality should be sustained growth through the draft and not depend on free agency until they are a player away from going over the top

Well holy crap. There ARE actually people with intelligence in this forum. I was losing faith.

Don’t think we need to move back into the 1st round for a 4th, but do believe we can Much easily work our way into 3x 2nd round picks .... whether that is moving back up into RD 2 or dropping back slightly from 18 ....

I’m gonna be a contrarian. I still absolutely love Simmons at 5 and he did nothing to change my mind yesterday. Move up from 18 to target Love if necessary, then RB or LT with last #1. FA starts in two wks and that will give us lots of clues who we are targeting in the draft.

I’m gonna be a contrarian. I still absolutely love Simmons at 5 and he did nothing to change my mind yesterday. Move up from 18 to target Love if necessary, then RB or LT with last #1. FA starts in two wks and that will give us lots of clues who we are targeting in the draft.

Thank god I'm not the only one that feels this way, we need to draft this man no matter what he is an animal

Thank god I'm not the only one that feels this way, we need to draft this man no matter what he is an animal
May be the most complete player in the draft. Plays at least 3 positions and fits exactly into the scheme Flo is looking for on Miamis D.

Love Simmons... Brown is a fooking stud also.. Okudah is going to be the best corner in the NFL when mature... at the top of the draft there are several amazing players on the defensive side of the football.

If other teams are willing to jump up for Tua we might need to just let go of the rope... There is no way we can afford to get into bidding war for Tua... Giving up three first round picks

Instead we need to look at other QB solutions so if Tua is not there at 5.... We have a plan to stack the defense and bring in another QB that can work for our future.

Love Simmons... Brown is a fooking stud also.. Okudah is going to be the best corner in the NFL when mature... at the top of the draft there are several amazing players on the defensive side of the football.
I don't disagree about there being some very good defensive options at the top of the draft, and I would love to get a couple, BUT, the only way we go that direction, is if two things are true.

1. The staff believes Rosen is deserving of a good hard look.

2. They feel free agency has, at least made the O-line servicable.

I have my doubts about either of those things.

Back
Top Bottom