Acquiring a 4th First Round Pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acquiring a 4th First Round Pick

I'm hoping we land JK Dobbins at 39, there are a few others I would be happy with, have to be good at blitz pickup 5'10" 215 plus, I still want to be a passing team.
Tee Higgins may go mid to late 1st round - very expensive for a receiver when the Dolphins have a few good ones. Jalen Reagor fell far enough into the 2nd after we picked up our RB I could see coming up for him.
AJ Terrell Looks like a 2nd early to mid
Marlon Davidson looks like late 2nd to 3rd round

If were using pick 56 trying to jump to the late 20's I hope it for LB Kenneth Murray, it would be very expensive to do, but I love the speed and his ability to blitz QB
Offensive linemen have to a priority, drafting a tackle with one of the 3 picks in the 1st and depending how they fair in FA we may need to commit more draft resources. to the offensive line.

Even with the 14 picks and the 89 mil we have were not going to get every thing we need unless were extremely lucky.
I halfway want to forget QB and trade 5 for the Raiders 12 and 19 or the Jaguars 9 and 20 and whatever else we can get and go the team building route, certainly don't want to move up if it's expensive. Fix the offensive line find a back and the whole defense needs a going over.

There are very interesting players in round 4 from the simulator.

Trading back is always a better option than trading up.

Hahaha what? How can you just make a blanket statement like that. Should the chiefs not have traded up for Mahomes. They be better off trading back that year? What about the Texans in the same year? Should they not have traded up for Watson?

There are roughly 25/26 1st round graded players in this draft from most of what I’ve read so I would be against getting back into round 1. Unless it’s for a QB and then I would be completely against that cuz I’m not a fan of Hurts, Eason, or Fromm.

Miami will keep a close eye on the "runs." When does the run on corners begin? How about running backs? If the Dolphins want one of the top running backs -- Swift, Taylor and Dobbins --- and all of a sudden two are off the board near the end of round 1, I could see a trade up. Same with a lot of positions.

The nice thing about having so many draft picks is the Dolphins can target players and move up and down to get the ones they like. I'm not opposed to trading down and getting more picks, but I don't disagree with moving up to get talent either.

Hahaha what? How can you just make a blanket statement like that. Should the chiefs not have traded up for Mahomes. They be better off trading back that year? What about the Texans in the same year? Should they not have traded up for Watson?

Pretty easily actually....

Required reading 101 below before one is permitted to "reasonably" discuss trading up (courtesy NBP81)

You can check the results here if you're interested. post 61 and 69
https://finheaven.com/threads/the-new-nfl-positional-value-nfl-draft-round-1-value.358222/page-5

If you make it through the above, then follow the link below to a detailed analysis of draft valuations and trading up/down (a bit dry)

Massey/Thaler <----(PDF report link)

Of course, there can be exceptions....such as winning the lottery.

They have plenty of draft pics.

I wouldn't trade up or down, I'd draft the best DE on the board at 5 or Tua if he is still there.

Otherwise, BAP unless we can swing a trade that includes experienced O-line or D-line men.

Then I'd be OK with trading down. More pics and a VIABLE, PROVEN player.

If it were up to me I would NOT draft Tua, but realistically if he falls to them they are almost forced to draft him with Ross as the head man.

I’m not sure we need a WR at least in the first 3 rounds. A lot depends on how Preston Williams recovers?

DVP has a breakout year and is still only 27. Williams showed promise before getting hurt and Isiah Ford was looking good in the last few games. Albert Wilson is back though I’m not sure where the Fins stand with him butI don’t see WR as a priority this draft.

Maybe a Justin Jefferson if he’s there in RD 4?

I’m not sure we need a WR at least in the first 3 rounds. A lot depends on how Preston Williams recovers?

DVP has a breakout year and is still only 27. Williams showed promise before getting hurt and Isiah Ford was looking good in the last few games. Albert Wilson is back though I’m not sure where the Fins stand with him butI don’t see WR as a priority this draft.

Miami tends to have a rash of injuries at WR. Preston Williams and Parker have had injuries. Can you argue with any pick? This team had lacked talent and depth for 30 years

you 14 picks, why would you want to move back into the 1st round? You already have 3 first round picks, i think you guys get caught up on this 1st round nonsense too much, there are more 2nd and 3rd round selections that are still doing work in the NFL, thing is they shouldn't get too cute, everything is already laid out perfectly for the phins.

Think I got my Jefferson’s mixed up there. More likely to be Van Jefferson that late.

There are roughly 25/26 1st round graded players in this draft from most of what I’ve read so I would be against getting back into round 1. Unless it’s for a QB and then I would be completely against that cuz I’m not a fan of Hurts, Eason, or Fromm.
Sure but you know some teams will reach due to need in round one and get round two players so there is the opportunity act the back end of round one to still be getting round one graded players.

I like the concept of moving up and then of course as someone mentioned the added value of them being a 5 year player. However, we'll need to give up a couple other picks to do this so we should only do it if there's someone we want and not do it just to have another first rounder.

Back
Top Bottom