Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum

Richard is the only coach that I have seen get a 2nd interview, so I highly doubt there is any truth to this.

Flores may be a close 2nd if Richard chooses someone else, but Richard has got to be #1.

Did I miss something? I had no idea Richard had a second interview. If true that would be a blessing.

Did I miss something? I had no idea Richard had a second interview. If true that would be a blessing.
There are reports he's supposed to get a second interview but Adam Beasley is now reporting that Flores is gaining momentum and is the favorite so take that with a grain of salt

I find it very, very, very hilarious people bash coaches when they have absolutely idea how good they are.

Even more hilarious when it comes from guys who supported Ryan ****ing Tannehill for 7 years of below average play.

Nobody has any idea what any of these guys offer or what their vision is...so just shut the **** up lol.

I agree with this. Results should not matter at all. Every time a coordinator or assistant name comes up the first thing everybody does is scramble to look at production or lack of same from the respective unit. Meanwhile, that requires no talent or insight whatsoever. You know exactly what everyone else knows. If that were the golden path then everybody would identify great coaches and every team that hired a new coach would zoom up the list.

It is a tired flawed approach. I have mentioned many times that when I arrived in Las Vegas the first thing I noticed was that everyone was watching every game and making subjective decisions based on those games toward how good every team was, and who they would wager on next time. And everyone was complaining about bad beats and how they were faring.

Okay, this isn't exactly difficult. That's the one approach I'm not going to take.

The Dolphins should have a handful of big picture priorities. Ask litmus test questions in an interview that should be brief. There is no need to devote hour after hour if you have that sharp wide scope focus. If you require hour after hour then you basically don't know what you are doing and you are trying to talk yourself into something, just like the scouts who somehow brag about watching every play from a player's career.

Get a conviction on someone, based on those few categories. Don't be swayed by what others are telling you, or the dreaded conventional wisdom.

Beasley is the only one I've seen say Flores is ranked this high. Most others point to Richard.

Would Flores mean we run a hybrid 3-4? If so sign me up.

Everyone crying about Flores should stop crying. The dude is going to a beast of a head coach. You can bookmark this comment and then revisit it in 3 years if he does become our coach.

That’s a pretty strong endorsement. But you can’t just drive by with this. You gonna tell us why?

Everyone crying about Flores should stop crying. The dude is going to a beast of a head coach. You can bookmark this comment and then revisit it in 3 years if he does become our coach.

I don't see how. The guy admitted he wasn't a leader because he wasn't vocal enough. We don't need another Philbin. We need someone who can actually communicate with our players like Richard or Rizzi.

Did a little bit of the New England DC job for one year - in a year when their D earned some criticism.

Can't pretend that I don't find him an underwhelming candidate but then again we have an extremely underwhelming GM

Last edited:
If Ross hires this guy, the best way to get Ross’ attention is stop buying tickets. We definitely need a leader who is vocal and relates to players. Richards has that covered.

Like all NFL head coaching hires, he's more likely than not to fail. Unless you know something about the guy that I don't -- and you can tell us -- then why should I share your confidence?

Did a little bit of the New England DC job for one year - in a year when their D earned some criticism.

Can't pretend that I don't find him an underwhelming candidate but then again we have an extremely underwhelming GM

Basically what it comes down to for me. You have a guy with an extremely thin resume that apparently you're going to hire because you like 'his roots' and the guys who mentored him. It's the hiring process that I don't like here. It's not about Flores personally (although I do greatly dislike hiring a Patriots assistant), but rather it's about the way we arrive at hiring him. This is exactly the kind of search process that sometimes goes on in the corporate world that results in big companies appointing trainwreck CEOs.

In my opinion, this is an admission that the Dolphins are willing to just roll the dice and pray for the best. Because there's certainly not enough of a body of work here for anyone outside of the New England Patriots organization to evaluate. And honestly, even then, I'm not sure Bill Belichick would be able to tell you if this guy is going to be a great head coach or not. He's never really had any responsibility for a football team, or authority over a football team.

It's 100% projection.

And it's projection for a guy who is going to come here and maybe start spouting off about "DA PATRIOT WAY." Please, Lord, I'm fine with hiring a bad coach and being bad, but at least spare me the Patriot Way bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom