Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum

Why would they go with Flores over Richard? Familiarity?

Similar backgrounds as both came up through the New England system. Plus if you take into consideration what Flores has had to do as both a safety and LB coach where he's been given a lot of scraps at both positions (aside from McCourty) and has gotten them to be serviceable I think they see him as a good candidate to rebuild not just through the draft but helping to get rid of some bad tendencies the players have now.

And honestly I am indifferent to Flores. If he is the guy I will support him. He's gonna have to put a good staff together. I don't think it's fair to call him a joke right away, but I think it's fair to be apprehensive... too many New England guys have failed not to be. But I think for a rebuild he's a good choice. To be fair I think Richard is too.

It’s all speculation. The old days of reporting with facts are long gone. At this point, all it’s good for is generating fuel for conversation amongst us fans. I still believe we wind up with Rizzi.

I hope youre right bro, I'd certainly prefer Rizzi.

Similar backgrounds as both came up through the New England system. Plus if you take into consideration what Flores has had to do as both a safety and LB coach where he's been given a lot of scraps at both positions (aside from McCourty) and has gotten them to be serviceable I think they see him as a good candidate to rebuild not just through the draft but helping to get rid of some bad tendencies the players have now.

And honestly I am indifferent to Flores. If he is the guy I will support him. He's gonna have to put a good staff together. I don't think it's fair to call him a joke right away, but I think it's fair to be apprehensive... too many New England guys have failed not to be. But I think for a rebuild he's a good choice. To be fair I think Richard is too.
Good old boy Network

Ah. Ok, I wanted someone with HC experience also but not sure who that was going to be with that list. It was Dennis Allen or nobody at this point.

Rizzi must be miffed at all this without even getting his interview in....

I agree. I would have been on board with Rizzi if we had to go with a first time HC.

I was warming up to the idea of Richards, only because I watched some videos of his practices, really liked his energy and could see room to grow with him. Particularly in his experience coaching up a secondary, I thought he could make X and Minkah special.

Still, I would have prefered Jack Del Rio, or .....cant believe Im saying this....Rex ****ing Ryan.

We are gonna land the guy that only got promoted because Patricia found a new job.....

UGH!

Some of you need to get a grip. These are all rumors and you are freaking out over opinions. No one knows what their plan is. Save your tantrums and FO bashing for when the decision is actually made.

This "worst patriots D in 20 years" take is pretty elementary

It's not like there's been a constant that everyone had, and he put up the worst display

1) several different faces in the DL, LB, and secondary rooms over the years

2) Tom Brady wasn't Tom Brady this year. And that NE offense wasn't that typical NE offense this year. He got the worst crop of NE offenses, not like he had a HOF offense outscoring everyone this year like many NE teams have done over the last 20 years

3) he's done a serviceable job given the limited talent on that NE defense.

I'm in the Richard camp too. And I'm not totally thrilled w/ the possibility of this guy, but the "this guy sucks led the worst NE defense in 20 years" thing is a pretty lazy take.

Outside of fangio and munchak, none of these candidates really have extensive coaching history to pull from. Again, I want Richard too. But come on let's not be so knee jerk

keep in mind that when Grier left New England, Flores was a freshmen at Boston College. More of a good old boy hire would be Richard (ironically who I want as coach)

I do think Grier sees a lot of himself in Flores though

We talked about this over and over, it’s about people you have relationships with and feel comfortable working with- just like assembling a coaching staff. It’s probably not a coincidence that the 2 names we keep hearing are linked to Grier ispn some fashion.

At least we're getting some winning blood for a change

Back
Top Bottom