Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum

Ahhh so I see Grier has one legit shot to be a VP and decides that hiring his buddies is the way to go. Guess he learned too much from Adam gase.

I can't wait to hear about the "Patriot Way" and watch this team torpedo itself even further into the depths of irrelevance

Not true. Objectively, Bill O'Brien has been successful. I am not a fan, but he's made the playoffs a few times and even won a couple of playoff games. Even if I feel like he's caught some weak schedules (i.e. the Colts in their down years, the Jags under Bradley, the Titans being the Titans), I guess you can make the case that that's one successful former Patriots assistant.

I'm going to be honest, though, if we hire this guy I won't like it. And I got some reasons for that:

1. Screw the Patriots. I hate the Patriot Way and everything those cheating bums stand for. Like cheating. I don't want any McDaniels, Patricia, Crennel or Weis.

2. This hire will reek of nepotism/buddy system hire. Grier and Flores apparently go way back and have some common roots in the New England scouting system.

3. This man's resume indicates that the team has essentially decided to take a shot in the dark and hire a joe blow nobody to be an NFL head coach. It's just a crapshoot hire. I'd like to think that the Dolphins can do better than going "Well, he's a coach, and he's available, and there's a chance he could be good, and he will actually accept the job."

Could this guy buck the trend? Sure. But I'm not filled with confidence here. I don't like the process that got us to this point, either.

Ok, one. When was he on the staff? I know he comes off that tree but he was hired after being an HC in college, so I think that makes it a little different situation.

Ok, one. When was he on the staff? I know he comes off that tree but he was hired after being an HC in college, so I think that makes it a little different situation.

He was the OC after McDaniels.

I'm not advocating liking Flores or disliking Flores. I'm indifferent to him. There are qualities I like about him (scouting background, has a background of developing talent and needing to get people ready off the street to play, stresses technique) but I also have huge reservations (first year calling plays on defense, Pats assistants tend to suck... and that's the big one for me) but based on everything I've read and am hearing (and this is just an educated guess) I think Brian Flores is gonna be our head coach

I remember Josh McDaniels went to Denver in 2010?. Then O'Brien came in as the OC. And then he replaced Joe Paterno, and I'm 100% sure that was in 2012. So I think Bill O'Brien had only one year as the Patriots' OC and was hired away to be the head coach at a college program. Although, I do remember there was the season when Belichick had no coordinators because he was tired of losing them. I think O'Brien was kind of the OC that season. He was at Penn State for two years before he went to Houston.

I actually just looked up his resume. He had 4 years as an OC at college programs (Georgia Tech and Duke) prior to joining the Patriots. So, yes, B'OB had a much better body of work than Flores. Don't get me wrong, I do like that Flores was a scout for two years, but he only has ONE year as a coordinator at any level of football. Never worked in a college program. No HC experience at any level.

He was the OC after McDaniels.

I'm not advocating liking Flores or disliking Flores. I'm indifferent to him. There are qualities I like about him (scouting background, has a background of developing talent and needing to get people ready off the street to play, stresses technique) but I also have huge reservations (first year calling plays on defense, Pats assistants tend to suck... and that's the big one for me) but based on everything I've read and am hearing (and this is just an educated guess) I think Brian Flores is gonna be our head coach

Why would they go with Flores over Richard? Familiarity?

I just don’t understand why they would forgo such a dynamic candidate like Richard to hire a guy in Flores who readily admitted he didn’t view himself as a leader because he wasn’t vocal or outgoing...

Flores better damn well have some genius qualities or something or this will be a fail and I will be doubly pissed if Richard goes on to become the next great coach somewhere else...

But what should the lesson be? Hire Richard over him because? Just curious.

Didnt say I wanted Richard.

Personally, I wanted a guy with HC experience, not the 18th wheel off the Patriots Semi.

We are gonna roll with yet ANOTHER first time HC experiment. And this one hasnt even been a coordinator.

I just hope its not true.

I remember Josh McDaniels went to Denver in 2010?. Then O'Brien came in as the OC. And then he replaced Joe Paterno, and I'm 100% sure that was in 2012. So I think Bill O'Brien had only one year as the Patriots' OC and was hired away to be the head coach at a college program. Although, I do remember there was the season when Belichick had no coordinators because he was tired of losing them. I think O'Brien was kind of the OC that season. He was at Penn State for two years before he went to Houston.

I actually just looked up his resume. He had 4 years as an OC at college programs (Georgia Tech and Duke) prior to joining the Patriots. So, yes, B'OB had a much better body of work than Flores. Don't get me wrong, I do like that Flores was a scout for two years, but he only has ONE year as a coordinator at any level of football. Never worked in a college program. No HC experience at any level.

seems like Flores has had experience in the front office which is a plus IMO. I think its a interesting & intriguing hire.

As coach:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Flores

First time VP hiring a first time head coach. Is there anyway to make the 2nd and 3rd years not guaranteed? Do we really need to give every QB we draft 5-6 years and every HC 3 years?

Back
Top Bottom