Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum

The Dolphins are setting themselves up for another 3 or 4 years of crap football after which the Dolphins will fire their inexperienced HC and GM and hopefully have new ownership. You heard it here first, they seem to want to give first time candidates a try over proven coaches and it rarely works out.
I really don't think you would be the first.

I find it very, very, very hilarious people bash coaches when they have absolutely idea how good they are.

Even more hilarious when it comes from guys who supported Ryan ****ing Tannehill for 7 years of below average play.

Nobody has any idea what any of these guys offer or what their vision is...so just shut the **** up lol.

Hey! I was a big fan of Tannehill and Gase, but Gase is Gone! and Tannehill will probably be here next year due to his contract and our cap situation.

I am truly unknowledgeable about many of these coaches coming in for interviews, and I don't get down on guys I don't know. The few I've had any opportunity to observe are Fangio (whom Gase wanted initially as his DC) and Rizzo. Fangio turned around a pretty crappy bears defense over the last four years into one of the better defenses in the league. Rizzo apparently always seems to turn out good special teams.

These guys both have quantifiable positives. I expect their negatives, as presented on this forum, are based more on perception and isolated problems then actual areas where they might have any recognized performance incompetency's.

I look forward to seeing who we get as our new coach and listening to the reasons the front office will give for the hire. After that, we will see what they can do. I'm looking for them to succeed. Why wouldn't I?

Don’t feel bad. So was I.

I think the home teams in the AFC and NFC beat the road teams next week. Colts will get blitzed early and their running game will go obsolete; NE will just go playoff NE on SD; Brees will be too much for Foles; and the Rams will squeak by the Cowboys.

I am not advocating for Flores necessarily but I do know that the Patriots think highly of him, and there's a rumor on some of their sites that he hadnt been named D coordinator because Belichick didn't want anyone to poach him this offseason. In fact from what I've seen some of their sites are a little worried about the plan at DC when/if he leaves

Being that Chris Grier has Patriot ties in his background I fully expect Flores to be the coach... I hope I'm wrong I'm not real high on this guy.

I am not advocating for Flores necessarily but I do know that the Patriots think highly of him, and there's a rumor on some of their sites that he hadnt been named D coordinator because Belichick didn't want anyone to poach him this offseason. In fact from what I've seen some of their sites are a little worried about the plan at DC when/if he leaves
Who is the defensive coordinator?

Anything outside of Beasley article suggesting Flores is the hire? I read earlier Richards is scheduled for interview #2.

Anything outside of Beasley article suggesting Flores is the hire? I read earlier Richards is scheduled for interview #2.
These reports are conflicting first report says Richard has a second interview and now Beasley said Flores it's gaining momentum I'm confused.

Literally NONE of Belichick’s staff have gone on to become successful NFL head coaches. What are the odds that this guy would be the first? And the other Pats coordinators who took HC jobs had been coordinators for years and were well known at the time. No one even knew this guy’s name a month ago.

I prefer Richard, but trust Grier. I can live with Richard/Flores w/2nd interviews.

Literally NONE of Belichick’s staff have gone on to become successful NFL head coaches. What are the odds that this guy would be the first? And the other Pats coordinators who took HC jobs had been coordinators for years and were well known at the time. No one even knew this guy’s name a month ago.

Not true. Objectively, Bill O'Brien has been successful. I am not a fan, but he's made the playoffs a few times and even won a couple of playoff games. Even if I feel like he's caught some weak schedules (i.e. the Colts in their down years, the Jags under Bradley, the Titans being the Titans), I guess you can make the case that that's one successful former Patriots assistant.

I'm going to be honest, though, if we hire this guy I won't like it. And I got some reasons for that:

1. Screw the Patriots. I hate the Patriot Way and everything those cheating bums stand for. Like cheating. I don't want any McDaniels, Patricia, Crennel or Weis.

2. This hire will reek of nepotism/buddy system hire. Grier and Flores apparently go way back and have some common roots in the New England scouting system.

3. This man's resume indicates that the team has essentially decided to take a shot in the dark and hire a joe blow nobody to be an NFL head coach. It's just a crapshoot hire. I'd like to think that the Dolphins can do better than going "Well, he's a coach, and he's available, and there's a chance he could be good, and he will actually accept the job."

Could this guy buck the trend? Sure. But I'm not filled with confidence here. I don't like the process that got us to this point, either.

Back
Top Bottom