Adam Gase To Kenyan Drake When Drafted: We Drafted You To Beat The Patriots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase To Kenyan Drake When Drafted: We Drafted You To Beat The Patriots

circumstances

Parge Lenis
Club Member
Reaction score
Drake has been a big playmaker from the start almost. Yet Gase has still had him on the bench behind Gore for most of the season. It's ridiculous. I like Gore and I'm glad he's here but he doesn't have the big playmaking ability that Drake has. He needs on the field more than Gore.

Drake has been a big playmaker from the start almost. Yet Gase has still had him on the bench behind Gore for most of the season. It's ridiculous. I like Gore and I'm glad he's here but he doesn't have the big playmaking ability that Drake has. He needs on the field more than Gore.

Every time I see Gore break a 10,15, 20 yard gain, all I think is, could that have been taken to the house if Drake was handed the ball.

Not a knock on Gore, just wish there was a way to have my cake and eat it too.

I disagree...

2016 season...we (Tannehill included) was good because of Ajayi. We were rarely behind the sticks which meant Tannehill didnt have to wing it like he did the previous seasons.

Don't underestimate the power of 2nd and 7 with the weakness of 2nd and 13...Stevie Wonder can see a draw is coming on the latter. The former gives more positive options.

Glad Drake is showing what he’s got, dude deserves all the good things happening to him

He's always had that. But he always had the lack of concentration type plays too. The fumble at the goal line in the Bear game comes to mind.

His skillset is that of a complementary type player.
Ajayi was the perfect type of complementary player for someone like Drake.
A hard nose bruiser to go with his swiss knife skillset.

Heck Miami is really underutilizing him when you think about his catching ability.

They need to flank him more and create mis-match. If an LB/S takes him then it should be an easy pitch and catch. If teams decide to put a DB on him then there's a golden mismatch somewhere else.

Every time I see Gore break a 10,15, 20 yard gain, all I think is, could that have been taken to the house if Drake was handed the ball.

Not a knock on Gore, just wish there was a way to have my cake and eat it too.

Yeah, But Drake is unlikely to get those bruising type of 10,15,20 yard gains the way Gore is getting them.
Drake is not that type of runner and will never be.

I'm anxious to see more of the B.Boulden RB from the Patriots.

Yeah, But Drake is unlikely to get those bruising type of 10,15,20 yard gains the way Gore is getting them.

Pretty much this...

Gore is a hall of fame RB and has the best vision in the NFL. He consistently gets 2, 3, 5 yards on plays that would be stopped for a loss or no gain. Drake does have a tendency, to hesitate, or turn a play that should get 5 yards into a home run and in the process...lose 5 yards. Gore definitely deserves a bulk of the carries, because he does more to keep the team out of bad situations.

Pretty much this...

Gore is a hall of fame RB and has the best vision in the NFL. He consistently gets 2, 3, 5 yards on plays that would be stopped for a loss or no gain. Drake does have a tendency, to hesitate, or turn a play that should get 5 yards into a home run and in the process...lose 5 yards. Gore definitely deserves a bulk of the carries, because he does more to keep the team out of bad situations.

Exactly! FSU Truth understands FB.

Pretty much this...

Gore makes the o line look better than it is in the run game. Agree his vision, experience and will make him an asset in Miami. Not discrediting anything Gore does.

Gore is a magician behind this Swiss cheese. That's for sure.

But moving forward, ideally we won't need to have a miracle back with the best vision in the NFL to keep us out of bad situations, and Drake can be the one getting the majority of carries.

This! every time I see Gore make thise runs, I dont think hiw much more Drake might get, I think “Damn, Gase really knew what he was doing when he got Gore!”

Back
Top Bottom