Adam Gase To Kenyan Drake When Drafted: We Drafted You To Beat The Patriots | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase To Kenyan Drake When Drafted: We Drafted You To Beat The Patriots

I think it should be more of a 50/50 split. Drake has 9 total td's this season, Gore has 1 td this season, and 5 total td's with this season and last season combined! There were a couple of games in a row this season where we didnt score any offensive td's and the game was still close. Had Drake gotten more Carrie's or catches who knows... maybe he breaks one of those and we win the game.

I think it should be more of a 50/50 split. Drake has 9 total td's this season, Gore has 1 td this season, and 5 total td's with this season and last season combined! There were a couple of games in a row this season where we didnt score any offensive td's and the game was still close. Had Drake gotten more Carrie's or catches who knows... maybe he breaks one of those and we win the game.

I don't think you truley understand how Gores 3,4,5 yard runs help this offense overall.

Sure Drake is flashy! But more times than not he's not getting you those tough between the tackle runs. He's trying to take most of his runs wide and occasionally is losing ground, now putting you in 2 and 10+

Not to mention, Drake isn't punishing anyone as a RB. Gore is laying wood to fools and that stuff wears on a defense.

I don't think you truley understand how Gores 3,4,5 yard runs help this offense overall.

Sure Drake is flashy! But more times than not he's not getting you those tough between the tackle runs. He's trying to take most of his runs wide and occasionally is losing ground, now putting you in 2 and 10+

Not to mention, Drake isn't punishing anyone as a RB. Gore is laying wood to fools and that stuff wears on a defense.
I dont think you understand how Drake can help the offense overall either. They both have their strengths and what they bring to the table. But Drake has gotten into the endzone more on less opportunities. If nothing else Drake should be used more in the passing game.

I dont think you understand how Drake can help the offense overall either. They both have their strengths and what they bring to the table. But Drake has gotten into the endzone more on less opportunities. If nothing else Drake should be used more in the passing game.

Sure, hand the ball to Drake more often. Lol!

Only good things are going to happen.

Sure, hand the ball to Drake more often. Lol!

Only good things are going to happen.

Behind our line as currently constituted, you are probably correct.

Behind a competent NFL line, you would be incorrect.

I am in favor of Gore mashing fools until our run blocking and pass blocking improves significantly.

You can be behind the sticks if you are competent at pass blocking. We aren't.

Behind our line as currently constituted, you are probably correct.

Behind a competent NFL line, you would be incorrect.

I am in favor of Gore mashing fools until our run blocking and pass blocking improves significantly.

You can be behind the sticks if you are competent at pass blocking. We aren't.

Behind a competent NFL line you can put anyone back there.
Heck, didn't the 3rd string RB, Boulden literally have 100 yards on 2 carries?
Additionally, Did i mention Drake actually is not that great at pass protection.

Behind a competent NFL line you can put anyone back there.
Heck, didn't the 3rd string RB, Boulden literally have 100 yards on 2 carries?
Additionally, Did i mention Drake actually is not that great at pass protection.

Brandon Bolden had the revenge game of his life!

I think it was 60 yards and two tds on two carries. That was awesome.

I think Drake is generally good at pass protection, but not consistent enough with it.

I've seen him annihilate people, and I've seen him get beat.

It probably doesn't come as natural to him as running and catching so he has to really concentrate on it to improve and be consistently effective.

Drake has always been a complimentary back to guys like Henry at 'Bama, Ajayi and now Gore. He's not a 15-20 carry a game guy. I love the way he's being used now and he's staying healthy.

Drake has always been a complimentary back to guys like Henry at 'Bama, Ajayi and now Gore. He's not a 15-20 carry a game guy. I love the way he's being used now and he's staying healthy.
That has been his history.

But I also think he absolutely disproved that was his ceiling last season.

Get him all the help you want, keep him healthy, but I believe he could absolutely be the lead guy.

Ronnie Brown was the complementary back to Cadillac Williams in college.

I think Drake is better and as durable as a pro than the players he backed up at 'Bama.

Last edited:
I just don't see Drake being that guy on first and second downs running between the tackles for an entire season. Drake and Gore are completely different backs that are both playing to their strengths right now.

I do not buy into the idea of giving one RB more carries based on perceived running effectiveness.

There are too many other variables that can effect their success such as o-line blocking, strength of the secondary we are up against and even the condition of the field. I feel the coaching staff has to account for all those variables when game planning. I prefer the coaches mix it up a little to reduce predictability that the opposition can use in determining who is likely to be carrying on any given play.

I just don't see Drake being that guy on first and second downs running between the tackles for an entire season. Drake and Gore are completely different backs that are both playing to their strengths right now.
Maybe, but there has to be a happy medium. Right now Drake isn't getting enough touches (whether hand offs or passes). Maybe we need more plays on offense for that to happen.

The offense is desperate for big plays. They’ve repeatedly proven that trying to grind out 12-play, 80 yard drives is a failing strategy. One holding call or false start and the drive invariably stalls.

Meanwhile, there’s a guy at the RB position with the skills and speed to score any time he touches the ball. He may not be a guy who gets 20 carries per game, but he absolutely needs more TOUCHES per game for this offense to be successful.

And considering the dings he’s been playing with for the past few weeks, he’s already proven that he’s pretty damn tough.

He hasn’t been utilized enough this season.

Back
Top Bottom