Adam Gase To Kenyan Drake When Drafted: We Drafted You To Beat The Patriots | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase To Kenyan Drake When Drafted: We Drafted You To Beat The Patriots

Doubt it. Most running backs don't learn patience.
I think it was Ronnie Brown, when he came in he had no patience. He'd hit the line too quick, run into the back of his blockers, etc. Took him a few years, but he learned to wait for the play to develop.

It happens frequently with young backs. I hope it happens with Drake.

Dphinz- any QB is better when they have a ground game, but i think you miss the mark and overstate when you say “Tannehill was good because of Ajayi.”

You might also have selective memory of 2016.

First, Ajayi had a 3 game stretch when he went for 204, 214, and 111. In those 3 games Tannehill averaged .7 TD, 202yds on 66% completion.

There were 3 games where Ajayi rushed for 50-100 yds (61, 77, 79) RT avgd 1.7 TD, 213 yds, 71% completion.

There were 7 games where he went for less than 50 yards (0, 14, 28, 33, 42, 45, 48) . RT averaged 1.7 TD, 249 yds, 66% completion.

RT was consistently good throughout that season, whether or not Ajayi or anyone else was prividing big rushing numbers or not.

In 10 of 13 games Ajayi averaged 43 yds per game. I hardly think RTs 2016 success was attributable to Ajayi.

Back
Top Bottom