After Free Agency do we still have to trade up for QB? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Free Agency do we still have to trade up for QB?

No... stay at 5.

If Tua had been durable...then I’d say trade up for Tua. If we can’t Get Burrow stay at 5!
I agree with you 100%, only way the Dolphins trade up is for the Bengals number one pick, no need to trade up for a QB who will be there at 5. The last time the Dolphins traded up high in the draft, it bit them in the ass, look no further than Dion Jordan trade up.

You will have to forgive me but I’m wondering why this is even a question. I’ve got a ton of skins in this type of thing and you got nfl evaluators and decision makers even watching 4 pocket movement clips and saying “top 5” already and “ahead of schedule” off those clips and you think you can sit at 5 and wait for him to come to you.
Because being 'ahead of schedule' doesn't = going to be ready to play in 2020 nor guarantee he will ever get back to where they think he would have gotten. He's a high risk/high reward guy, especially as teams aren't able to have their own medical people evaluate him.

I believe USA landed on the moon and Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

Steve Young won a super bowl with 49ers but was drafted by the Bucs and had a horrendous first year or 2 there before they trade him away.

Brent Farve was a loser in Atlanta before they trade him to the Packers for second round pick.

Dolphins need to understand how to evaluate QB Talent and know how to develop QB talent. Lsat year was not a good sign based on Rosens performance and all of the offensive firings at the end of the year. The top 4 QBs all have talent and flaws that can be picked on. Dolphins need to answer which one best fits their scheme, is smart and tough and has the intangibles Flores is looking for.

If Brady were coming out of college, most fans here would say he is a skinny toothpick that can't run faster then my grandmother and not to waste a pick on him.

In the end if Tua succeeds nobody will care about the price. It still comes down to how big of a difference you think Tua will be from your other qb options? If you really think the other options have a legit chance of being the top shelf qb you need there's no need to pay the extra price. If you like Tua's odds of success that much more than the other option you bite the bullet and give up the draft picks.

In the end if Tua succeeds nobody will care about the price. It still comes down to how big of a difference you think Tua will be from your other qb options? If you really think the other options have a legit chance of being the top shelf qb you need there's no need to pay the extra price. If you like Tua's odds of success that much more than the other option you bite the bullet and give up the draft picks.

Don't disagree, but that's based on three 'if's.'
1) if Tua succeeds; that's unknown.
2) If you like Tua's odds of success that MUCH more [emphasis mine] than the other option;
3) If you really think the other options have a legit chance of being the top shelf qb" This is actually a followup on point 2 and your point is well made. No one knows the opinion of Grier/Flo. Too many people misss that part

Don't disagree, but that's based on three 'if's.'
1) if Tua succeeds; that's unknown.
2) If you like Tua's odds of success that MUCH more [emphasis mine] than the other option;
3) If you really think the other options have a legit chance of being the top shelf qb" This is actually a followup on point 2 and your point is well made. No one knows the opinion of Grier/Flo. Too many people misss that part
You do realize most humans are prone to let emotions override logic in many situations?

For some it is "Tua is the only acceptable answer". IMO, those ppl can be dismissed out of hand due to lack of objectivity.

I am thinking right now that I would be happy if we went BPA at #5 so we are assured a blue-chipper, and then take our QB at #18. I definitely don't want to see us trade up unless we can do so reasonably for Burrow.

You do realize most humans are prone to let emotions override logic in many situations?

For some it is "Tua is the only acceptable answer". IMO, those ppl can be dismissed out of hand due to lack of objectivity.

Agree. I have no problem with people having opinions - that's why FH is here. Unfortunately, some take their opinions as 'obvious' and required by everyone else. Thus, 'I think Tua becomes HOF' morphs into 'Tua IS a generational talent' which morphs into 'Miami will draft Tua and move up if they have to.' Note; I'm impressed with what I've seen of him, but have no idea what Miami thinks.

Personally (as I say every once in a while), I try to determine what Mimi thinks and will do. That's extremely tough, but the boundaries can be fleshed out with some confidence. I'm always uncomfortable with absolutes

Dolphins are staying at 5, and I’m strongly convinced they are picking Herbert....even the with Tua still on the board.

Dolphins are staying at 5, and I’m strongly convinced they are picking Herbert....even the with Tua still on the board.
That's the way I'm leaning, as well.

There will be a lot of screaming if this happens.

My faith is in Grier and Flores. If there is a QB they want so badly and know in their hearts he is the one that will take us to the promised land, I want them to do whatever it takes to make certain we get him. If that's Tua, that's Tua. If it's Burrow it's Burrow. We have the ammo to make sure we fill this critical void so let the boys do what they need to do.

To me, thinking Washington is entirely out of the Tua market is foolish. They call him Riverboat Ron for a reason. The teams in front of us that don't need QBs are mostly hoping someone wants to move up. Especially Detroit as they could parlay that move into a few players that can help them this year.

Back
Top Bottom