After Lineman, next priority is Hudson Houck | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Lineman, next priority is Hudson Houck

Fin Fan in Cali said:
We may not win the superbowl next year, but we will kick some butt, and be the spoiler to teams, who will under estimate us! Give Nick a draft or two, and I think we will be right in the middle of the hunt!

I agree. But somethings telling me, watch out next year. Has any team gone from #2 overall in the draft to Superbowl winners the following?? I think will have a shot. (If we dont tear everything apart)

FuturePhin said:
I agree. But somethings telling me, watch out next year. Has any team gone from #2 overall in the draft to Superbowl winners the following?? I think will have a shot. (If we dont tear everything apart)
Could be. If that happens then I am all for it! I feel like today is opening day of the season, I am so pumped, because I got a feeling good things will becoming to us!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Could be. If that happens then I am all for it! I feel like today is opening day of the season, I am so pumped, because I got a feeling good things will becoming to us!

We are due man! :D

Fin Fan in Cali said:

Ya me 2. I can tell you now, our loses wont be because of poor coaching imo, if everything falls right, AND THAT...Im psyked about! Players actually knowing what there doing and, the best most understandable way possible. (Unlike Wise and Wanny)

stork48 said:
We are due man! :D
Bring it on! I am ready for great things to happen for us fans, and the organization! I am already looking forward to the combines, free agency, and the draft!:drinkers:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Bring it on! I am ready for great things to happen for us fans, and the organization! I am already looking forward to the combines, free agency, and the draft!:drinkers:

Ohh your not alone!! Cant wait for all this to start happening.....Im ready to hear....and the 2nd overall selection in the 2005 Draft will be.....**and all D-fans tense up with their draft boards in their hands...lol...I love that....

Houk would probably demand a huge salary and a ASST HC title, but he's one of the very best.... If we're trying to put together a unit and teach them, there's no better oline coach in the business..... The guy took a piecemeal unit in SD and was #4 in sacks allowed , and #6 in rushing offense!

Acquiring Houck would be a great improvement for the team. Wonder if Huzienga does realize this? They need him in the worst way.

It all starts with the draft and FA, cant wait for next season and to see what Saban does with this team and personnel.

GO FINS!!

I live in So Cali and this subject was on a radio talk show, and it appears Hudson is looking to be the second highest paid O-line coach in the league only behind the Falcons O-line coach (Gibbs) who makes a 1 mil a year. It was also said that he is beeing highly touted by Miami and Cleveland.

Hudson is looking for $900,000 a year.

Now, I believe Shotty and his coaches only got a 2 year extension (correct me if I'm wrong)... Saban and Wayne (who has said, he is willing to break the bank if it means bringing in coaches Saban wants) can offer him more than 2 years and the cash he wants.

Believe me Hudson will test FA.

I don't think money will be issue with Wayne.

minus said:
I don't think money will be issue with Wayne.
Exactly, Wayne is always willing to dish out the cash. And clearly Miami is very attractive for assistance coaches this season beause they know it's almost like a fresh beginning and they will be able to really make their mark, particularly on the offensive side of the ball since Saban is an admitted hands-off offense guy. If we can land Linehan and Houck by the end of January, I would fully expect this team to make a playoff run.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Hopefully Saban gets the Lineman deal done, and then he can also land Houck, because this would be great for our team, and would even put a smile on stork48's face. Seems like San Diego is low balling on a new contract. Nick open up the check book, and make this happen!:)

Its not going to be a matter of whether or not Spanos will pay Hud. Its a matter of Hud wanting a coordinating position. Also, if he were to leave the Bolts, which I wont be mad about. I expect him to reunite with Jerry Jones in Dallas. Dallas didnt re-sign their O-line coach, a move to possibly signify a reunion with the Hud man.

Spanos, Marty, and the players know the value of Hud, a million bucks is chump change for Spanos...it matters to Hud where he will end up.

Just got Linehan today. Now if we can just get Hudson Houk lined up, we'll be sweet for next season. The top offseason priority must remain the offensive line. Sign Walter Jones by any means necessary and trade down to draft both Elton Brown and Wilkerson at Center. Give Wade Smith a fresh start at Left Guard and get Carey ready to take over at RT on Opening Day.

Well, lookee there, I just made the best offensive line in football!

Back
Top Bottom