After Lineman, next priority is Hudson Houck | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Lineman, next priority is Hudson Houck

L.T.21 said:
hey, I have no problem with him in Mia. As said, I think it would be a great pick up for you guys and a great loss for us. I am facing it. However, from what I've heard, in this case- its not about the money, but yet the desire to possibly get a coordinating position.

Hud is the man I agree. I just dont see the organization letting him go simply because of "chump change" unless they have someone in line thats better. If he were to leave San Diego, I see him in Dallas. He's always had a good relationship with Jones, and with them not re-signing their OL coach, he might head there.

One of the reasons for his success is also having partial "luck" and a good evaluating team. Our line consisted of:

Roman Oben (solid veteran previously with Bucs) ; played well, getting old

Fonoti (Should have been a pro-bowler this year) ; was out on IR last year

J.Ball/Hardwick (I liked Ball when he was with us, unfortunately his greed killed his NFL career- Hardwick was solid out of Purdue but Ball better)

Mike Goff (solid veteran, very durable, something ridicoulous like missed 2 games in 3 years)- was very VERY solid this year

Shane Olivea (some say should have been Lineman ROY)- 7th round pick! This guy will be a pro-bowler next year! You heard here first.

So yes, I give Hud a lot of credit for coaching, but we also had some luck in finding these hard nosed players.

Cant wait to see you guy in San Diego- I'll be making fish fry, baked salmon dip, Flipper soup;-) I've already extended my invite to some forum members to join our tailgate party...We'll give them carne asada instead of the dolphins we plan on putting on a stick;-)
LT nice smack, but you better stop by the ATM on the way to the game, because you will be buying me a whole lot of beer! I may have to stop two weeks prior, so I can make sure my thirst is at its best, with all the beer you will be buying! Don't worry brother, we will hook up, and have a great time!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
LT nice smack, but you better stop by the ATM on the way to the game, because you will be buying me a whole lot of beer! I may have to stop two weeks prior, so I can make sure my thirst is at its best, with all the beer you will be buying! Don't worry brother, we will hook up, and have a great time!
All I ask is for those that might be coming from Mia to drag a couple of those girls by the hair from South Beachand bring 'em to the parking lot. :eek:

Dolphin Soup - Let see if this really a delicacy;-)

L.T.21 said:
All I ask is for those that might be coming from Mia to drag a couple of those girls by the hair from South Beachand bring 'em to the parking lot. :eek:

Dolphin Soup - Let see if this really a delicacy;-)
Why the beautiful San Diego Girls won't give you any action?:roflmao:

i really think he could make Wade Smith a good player. Wise couldnt do anything. This guy can take talented players and make them great.

i really think he could make Wade Smith a good player. Wise couldnt do anything. This guy can take talented players and make them great.

Man I say screw that, part of being a good coach is knowing who NOT to give extended chances to. We need to stop tryin to make guys into players they are not. Wade Smith, is not a LT. He never was. He had the mobility, but not nearly enough experience in college, and not nearly enough strength. He's a guard. A left guard, in fact. As a matter of fact, Jeno James looked a lot like Wade Smith, IMO when he was drafted and forced into playing LT immediately his rookie year. It's a shame we have Jeno to play LG, because IMO thats where Smith is suited.

Absolutely CK. Wade Smith has plenty of leg drive, but not quite long enough arms, leg drive, or size to be a good LT. He is very similar to Jeno with less experience and for that reason I think he would be a good backup for us at LT and LG next year.

Absolutely CK. Wade Smith has plenty of leg drive, but not quite long enough arms, leg drive, or size to be a good LT. He is very similar to Jeno with less experience and for that reason I think he would be a good backup for us at LT and LG next year.

Honestly, any game in which Wade Smith is playing LT for us, to me is a game where our passing game will not get off the ground, and our running game would struggle too. So, he's not even suited for backup LT, IMO. He needs to be moved inside, and the quicker, the better.

I don't quite see it as that bad and with coaching and better execution atleast Smith would be serviceable at LT if called into action. LG he could be quite a bit better with his leg drive as I said before.

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BILL YATES though? He played well at LG in 03 then he dissapeared.

I think it's possible Smith was coached all he can be coached, its his physical limitations that hurt, and in Linehan's offense in Minnesota, they had big, huge, beefy, tall guys on the OL especially Mount McKinnie at LT.

VanDolPhan said:
Houck won't be coming here. The team just blew 2.3 to 2.55 million over 3 years to Linehan.

yeah but we will save a salary on a QB Coach if Linehn does double duty like he did in Minnesota.

No cap on coaching salaries is there? So why not sign Houck

stan marino said:
No cap on coaching salaries is there? So why not sign Houck

Yup but Wayne is only going to spend so much and he's already got 2 expensive coaches on the roster as is. You also have to remember that we are still paying all the coaches salaries that are being dismissed. Probably looking at $10 million in new coaching and filling out the commitments of the outgoing coaches. Paying another $1 million a year to an offensive line coach probably isn't going to happen.

Surferosa said:
yeah but we will save a salary on a QB Coach if Linehn does double duty like he did in Minnesota.

A QB's coach doesn't make that much. Looking at $150, 000 tops.

Back
Top Bottom