After losing out on C.J. Anderson, what's next for Dolphins at RB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After losing out on C.J. Anderson, what's next for Dolphins at RB?

The Dolphins needed to have extended Lamar early and not go through this. Now you're looking at a draft pick on a running back who will probably be a Daniel Thomas. Thomas was a top 5 guy in his draft class. We took him over Demarco Murray.

If the Dolphins go berserk and take Elliott in the first, then they are neglecting major needs elsewhere.

All the while they had a home grown stud they couldn't figure out how to manage.

Study Elway. He wins. He kept his guy. The Dolphins lose. They let Miller go. Now they'll replace him with a Daniel Thomas level guy.

Last year, the Fins tagged Clay. The Bills figured out how to execute a contract the Dolphins couldn't match. Flip it this year. Now the Dolphins signed CJ but weren't clever enough to set it up so the Broncos couldn't match as happened to Miami in the Clay deal.

The handling of the running back situation is a major ****ing **** up.

If you had a committee of the best FH posters, we'd run circles around this front office.

Agree AT….another dark day in this dreary offseason, were the Dolphin FO appears to be ill prepared for anything. I totally agree that this d…k Tannenbaum was playing with himself thinking the "front load" of the Anderson contract since he is o brilliant was going to get it done……..who looks like the fool now……and not predicting that Denver would not have a top flight QB signed is bull……..Osweilter had already gone to the Texans, they should have figured on Denver having money……….and to not immediately today be ready to sign two offensive guards and resolve this issue once and for all this year is inexcusable, look at the Cardinals, traded away Cooper and already offered Mathis a contract………….its sickening watching this FO work, and we are suppose to trust them with the draft………..

It doesn;t matter who our running back is with the current offensive line turnstyle. You could put Barry Sanders in his prime back there and he won't gain yards. Why we continue to ignore the offensive line is beyond my comprehension. We are in for another year or Tanny running for his life and thousands of false starts and holding penalties.

Wait, Tanny runs?

I usually just see him drop back 7 yards behind center and play statue until the defense gets there. Most of the time it doesn't take long.

I'd sign Starks for his pass protecting ability, and the fact that I think he showed to be a decent slasher last season. Then draft someone on day 3. Still digging for more options in the late rounds.

This would be my plan as well. Maybe Perkins in the draft or Henry if he drops to R2.

Let's keep talking about "we can find a replacement for .... in the draft".

Let's keep forgetting the Defense is in shambles needing a complete LB core, CB core and, now, practically a complete DL except Suh. Forget Kiko and Mario, those are stop gaps and bedtime prayers. We have holes every where on Defense. Not too mention RB and (2) OGs.

Don't worry, we'll just "find it in the draft".

This is going to be one MAGICAL draft. I expect 12 starters are being counted on coming from this draft.

You're right... we got this.

It doesn;t matter who our running back is with the current offensive line turnstyle. You could put Barry Sanders in his prime back there and he won't gain yards. Why we continue to ignore the offensive line is beyond my comprehension. We are in for another year or Tanny running for his life and thousands of false starts and holding penalties.

Not even true. Miller averaged 4.5 a carry. If they ran him 150 more times he could've had 1,500 yards. The OL stunk at protecting Tannehill but they could run block well.

I think we give Ajayi a chance. Sign a vet ... i like the starks idea. Then draft a mid round RB. Then let preseson play out.

Fix the offensive line and damien williams might even look average

I'm cool w a speed guy in the later rounds and give Ajayi the nod. Whatever....he has great skills catching out of the backfield anyway if his college tape is any indication.

Back
Top Bottom