After losing out on C.J. Anderson, what's next for Dolphins at RB? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After losing out on C.J. Anderson, what's next for Dolphins at RB?

aren't there a lot of really good RB's in this years draft? if so then draft one and thats that...

I heard he hits like a Mack truck...inside of an elevator. Problem is the Dolphins don't play in elevators.

Tannehill does for the most part. Given that that's about as much space in the pocket he has to work with

I'd like to start doing what other teams do:

CJ Anderson was signed by the Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2013.

Find a RB later in the draft or after the draft.

Rank based on rushing yards last season:

5. Chris Ivory - undrafted
6. Latavius Murry - 6th round
7. Devonta Freeman - 4th round
14. Ronnie Hillman - 3rd round
14. Rashad Jennings - 7th round
16. Thomas Rawls - undrafted

Find a RB without breaking the bank.

I wanted Ray Rice last season, I won't lie. He deserves a second chance but now after two years out, I don't think I'd sign him.

What he deserves is prison.

CJ did have a nice season last year looking at his numbers. I still like other backs that are available, however.

The most overrated concept in football is that you can find a good running back easily. Sure, there are the random undrafteds like CJ Anderson. Or Alfred Morris in the 7th. What about the gazillion undrafted running backs that go nowhere? Or the jazillion running backs drafted up and down the draft that are poor or mediocrities at best? From a first round guy in Trent Richardson on down, there are a ton of whiffs.

There's no evidence, other than blind hope, that the Dolphins will find a running back on the cheap somewhere. If they try to get a back in that second or third round range, will the Dolphins be fortunate and get Demarco Murray type talent? Or, will it be the Daniel Thomas, JJ Johnson type of second round pick? There's no reason to believe we'd get the right guy.

Comment of the year might not be sufficient.

aren't there a lot of really good RB's in this years draft? if so then draft one and thats that...

Most teams want a veteran RB because few rookie RBs can be relied upon in pass protection.

CJ did have a nice season last year looking at his numbers. I still like other backs that are available, however.

Declined drastically in the second half of the season as his age became a factor and he ran out of gas before breaking his leg.

Back
Top Bottom