After losing out on C.J. Anderson, what's next for Dolphins at RB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After losing out on C.J. Anderson, what's next for Dolphins at RB?

Not with dallas Thomas blocking.

But according to some, it was a bad move to not pay Lamar Miller 6.5M to run behind that same line.

For those that are distraught over losing Miller, those top 3 backs in the draft can do the same but for a lot less $$. And at least 2 of the 3 are much better in pass protection, which is an upgrade unto itself.

This is a blessing in disguise. When CJ has turf toe and sits 5 games next year we'll all be breathing a sigh of relief. While I think we should have resigned Miller and had an elite running attack now we should just stay put and spend low and short term.

Everybody was so excited about Ajayi, what now no love for him?

Because he is on the Roster...for years people wanted to replace Miller, but now that he is gone, we made a huge mistake...now it is Jay's turn for people to dislike and want to replace him.

It doesn;t matter who our running back is with the current offensive line turnstyle. You could put Barry Sanders in his prime back there and he won't gain yards. Why we continue to ignore the offensive line is beyond my comprehension. We are in for another year or Tanny running for his life and thousands of false starts and holding penalties.

I'm sorry....but that's wrong....Barry could make his own yards.

Knowshon. Why not? His best year was with Gase and he could be a good compliment with Ajayi. Knowshon is rested, fresh and (allegedly) in great shape.

If that isn't the player then you go Hillman.

I was never excited about Ajayi. When I watched his college games I didn't see the "tough inside runner" everyone said he was. I saw a guy who liked to bounce it outside too much...and he doesn't have the speed to do it in the NFL. I don't like his running style much either and I think it will lead to injuries. He leaves himself open to much for big hits...that's how he cracked ribs in the preseason and missed half the season.

But like FSU said...people wanted to get rid of Miller and said Anderson was better since we signed him to an offer. Now that Anderson is going back to Denver all the homer's are saying Ajayi is better anyway. It's really pretty funny.

I don't care about almost any of the players that are gone. And some moves-- like getting rid of Grimes-- I heartily applaud.

Letting Miller walk, however, is going to be the biggest mistake of this season, by far.

Back
Top Bottom