After Reviewing the Last 5 Games, McMichael Has to Go | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Reviewing the Last 5 Games, McMichael Has to Go

Cool article, what's your credentials to back up your case? Asking for a friend. Thanks.
My eyes are my credentials. I see a team that is every bit as undisciplined with penalties as they were last year. I see a team constantly being penalized because they can't get a damn play in on time. That's coaching. Wouldn't you say?

• Fails to stress discipline on the Offensive side of the ball.
These can be fixed if wants to grow as a coach give him two more years to fix the above.
I promise you, he won't get two years. He will get next season, and that's it. Judging by Ross's history, the 3rd year is make or break.

I assume McMichael means McDaniel. No, he doesn't need to go. He's a very intelligent young coach. There will be speed bumps. I have a strong feeling he'll spend the off season making sure those issues don't happen again.

In leadership it's ok to make mistakes. Not ok to keep making the same ones. I don't see McD as the kind of guy who has the same issues year in and out. For example, 2022 Fins didn't run the ball enough. 2023 Fins definitely did. It's progression and I believe he's showing he is capable of making it.
You mean the 3.88 rushes per game more than 2022?

McD will be 58 and still our Head Coach

He better not be calling plays next year. I hope we get our toughest opponents at the beginning of the year.

I just want somebody, anybody to tell me where I am wrong in any of my reasoning. I too like Mike McDaniel. I like him a lot. But I love this franchise a heck of a lot more. And I just think the man is in over his head. They are not going to win any championships with him there.

The Dolphins will go nowhere with McDaniel as our HC. Yes, I know there were injuries which hurt the team down the stretch. But injuries have nothing to do with constantly deferring on opening kickoffs and constantly going 3 and out to start 2nd half of games. Injuries have nothing to do with having penalties on almost every offensive series of games. Injuries have nothing to do with calling all kinds of exotic plays on 3rd and less than 3 yards. Injuries have nothing to do with abandoning your running game when the game itself is within reach. More importantly there are better Head Coaches available right now who are way better and more accomplished than McDaniel, and because of that Ross needs to make the move now. If Ross does not fire McDaniel, my hope is that Jim Harbaugh stays in Michigan one more year and takes over the Dolphins in 2025. Regardless, I am predicting McDaniel gets fired next season if they don't go very deep into the playoffs. Knowing Ross's history, Head Coaches only get 3 years and then they are gone. This team has become more undisciplined more each passing year with the stupid penalties since Brian Flores left , and this is unacceptable. Not only that, but I don't think it's going to get any better.
Just fade away...

The Dolphins will go nowhere with McDaniel as our HC. Yes, I know there were injuries which hurt the team down the stretch. But injuries have nothing to do with constantly deferring on opening kickoffs and constantly going 3 and out to start 2nd half of games. Injuries have nothing to do with having penalties on almost every offensive series of games. Injuries have nothing to do with calling all kinds of exotic plays on 3rd and less than 3 yards. Injuries have nothing to do with abandoning your running game when the game itself is within reach. More importantly there are better Head Coaches available right now who are way better and more accomplished than McDaniel, and because of that Ross needs to make the move now. If Ross does not fire McDaniel, my hope is that Jim Harbaugh stays in Michigan one more year and takes over the Dolphins in 2025. Regardless, I am predicting McDaniel gets fired next season if they don't go very deep into the playoffs. Knowing Ross's history, Head Coaches only get 3 years and then they are gone. This team has become more undisciplined more each passing year with the stupid penalties since Brian Flores left , and this is unacceptable. Not only that, but I don't think it's going to get any better.
He’s not going anywhere… so your options are come to terms with it, find a new team, ane shut the fu$k up with these ridiculous threads

Your comparison to Flores is asinine as well- how many playoff appearances did we have with Flores? Nevermind the bullsh1t he created with the team- ridiculous fu$kin take

i am mclovin public transportation GIF

• Fails to stress discipline on the Offensive side of the ball.
These can be fixed if wants to grow as a coach give him two more years to fix the above.
I do not agree with this point. The issues are the operation of the offense. Look at the average time to snap the ball from the line of scrimmage. The best teams give their QB at least 5 more seconds on average. The short time frame with more time spent in motion lead to the penalties. McD needs to be decisive with his play calls.

I just want somebody, anybody to tell me where I am wrong in any of my reasoning. I too like Mike McDaniel. I like him a lot. But I love this franchise a heck of a lot more. And I just think the man is in over his head. They are not going to win any championships with him there.
Ok, sure.
  • The Dolphins have a top offense. 98% of the time the correct call is deferring. Perhaps the Ravens would be one time you take the ball based upon their time with the lead. If this item is in your top 50 complaint for any coach, then you are barking up the wrong tree.
  • I do agree that McDaniel situational play calling does contribute to the losses during the last 2 seasons. I do not agree that a young effective head coach that has improved our offensive performance should be fired for this point. I would give 5 years before this point significantly contributes to his removal.
  • A more significant issue is his indecisive nature calling plays which guarantees bad receiver routes, inability to check out of plays, and excessive penalties. This is a major issue which has contributed to our losses. You did not list it, but this is most significant “Ah Sh%^”.

His scheme was figured out and he didn't adjust a thing

He's bad at time management

He's bad at challenges

He's a bottom 3 play caller

He coaches with no conviction. Always trying to stay a step ahead rather than stuck with what works is exactly what Adam gase did

I like him too as a person. But he's not the right coach for this team at least not with the current infrastructure in place. We need a veteran offensive play caller in the building. IDK let bevell call plays

Ok, sure.
  • The Dolphins have a top offense. 98% of the time the correct call is deferring. Perhaps the Ravens would be one time you take the ball based upon their time with the lead. If this item is in your top 50 complaint for any coach, then you are barking up the wrong tree.
  • I do agree that McDaniel situational play calling does contribute to the losses during the last 2 seasons. I do not agree that a young effective head coach that has improved our offensive performance should be fired for this point. I would give 5 years before this point significantly contributes to his removal.
  • A more significant issue is his indecisive nature calling plays which guarantees bad receiver routes, inability to check out of plays, and excessive penalties. This is a major issue which has contributed to our losses. You did not list it, but this is most significant “Ah Sh%^”.
Great points....

Back
Top Bottom