After Reviewing the Last 5 Games, McMichael Has to Go | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Reviewing the Last 5 Games, McMichael Has to Go

One my biggest issues with Flores (on the field, off the field is another story) was clock management. Getting plays in late, poor use of timeouts, bad at challenging. These are things a head coach absolutely must excel at.

McD has one year to fix those things or he’s probably out.

Takes a minimum in most cases to form a opinion on a coach or players. There are exceptions in my past 40 plus years when following this team but McDaniels is not one of those like a Mueller. If Crossman is retained I will be worried and I would love to upgrade our GM but I doubt that happens if McDaniel stays. In fact if you really want to upgrade this team Grier is the key ingredient that needs upgrading.

If the Injuries continue like this year, it's not going to get any better.

Injuries are part of the game, but when it affects the way your offense plays, and the way the defense plays, there is very little a coach can do to help their team to be competitive.

Miami had 5 starting O-Linemen, two starting WR, 2 starting RBs, and their starting QB playing playing hurt or out in their last 5 games...Way to much to overcome when playing top talent.

Same can be said on Defense, with losing their 3 top Pass-Rushers, tgeir starting M-LB, their star safety, and one of their starting Corners.

I said it before, and saying it again, no team can be successful that every year leads the league in overall injuries and out for the season Injuries.

Evaluate what is causing this (Field, Training, Conditioning, practice technique, broken mirrors...), and deal with fixing it already.

The Dolphins will go nowhere with McDaniel as our HC. Yes, I know there were injuries which hurt the team down the stretch. But injuries have nothing to do with constantly deferring on opening kickoffs and constantly going 3 and out to start 2nd half of games. Injuries have nothing to do with having penalties on almost every offensive series of games. Injuries have nothing to do with calling all kinds of exotic plays on 3rd and less than 3 yards. Injuries have nothing to do with abandoning your running game when the game itself is within reach. More importantly there are better Head Coaches available right now who are way better and more accomplished than McDaniel, and because of that Ross needs to make the move now. If Ross does not fire McDaniel, my hope is that Jim Harbaugh stays in Michigan one more year and takes over the Dolphins in 2025. Regardless, I am predicting McDaniel gets fired next season if they don't go very deep into the playoffs. Knowing Ross's history, Head Coaches only get 3 years and then they are gone. This team has become more undisciplined more each passing year with the stupid penalties since Brian Flores left , and this is unacceptable. Not only that, but I don't think it's going to get any better.
Although the luster has worn off i think he deserves one more year. He has turned the culture around. You are correct there wsa some bad coaching down the stretch. After the emotions of the loss has worn off i think if its another dec colapse then yes. Ther should be no more excuses next year. Both him and tua should go along with the gm if its more of the same

The Dolphins will go nowhere with McDaniel as our HC. Yes, I know there were injuries which hurt the team down the stretch. But injuries have nothing to do with constantly deferring on opening kickoffs and constantly going 3 and out to start 2nd half of games. Injuries have nothing to do with having penalties on almost every offensive series of games. Injuries have nothing to do with calling all kinds of exotic plays on 3rd and less than 3 yards. Injuries have nothing to do with abandoning your running game when the game itself is within reach. More importantly there are better Head Coaches available right now who are way better and more accomplished than McDaniel, and because of that Ross needs to make the move now. If Ross does not fire McDaniel, my hope is that Jim Harbaugh stays in Michigan one more year and takes over the Dolphins in 2025. Regardless, I am predicting McDaniel gets fired next season if they don't go very deep into the playoffs. Knowing Ross's history, Head Coaches only get 3 years and then they are gone. This team has become more undisciplined more each passing year with the stupid penalties since Brian Flores left , and this is unacceptable. Not only that, but I don't think it's going to get any better.
After reviewing his first 13 games and keeping in mind the mind numbingly large list of injuries we had, he should stay. Anyone that thinks differently is smoking peyote.

Without the injuries, we would have won the division but the Tenessee loss was eye-opening to me considering it was a late-season game. It showed there is something wrong with our coaching.

Actually, I was the one 8 years ago taking you to the woodshed because your hatred for Joe Philbin was based on what his son did or didn't do and you were attacking the mans family. Perhaps that will jog your memory......

I have no idea what the future holds for any of these players or coaches....but I do know that based on his first two years, McDaniel isn't going anywhere. Additionally, and this is the important part.....football is a business and if there isn't steady improvement, any coach is going to get fired. If or when that happens, it will not be because you don't like the man's children or wife or whatever personal beef you have with him, it will be because it is a business decision. McD has been here two years and in my view, I see steady improvement.

Interesting that you remember me for that. I remember it as well, and to this day it is still one of the most classless posts I have ever read on FH...and that is saying a lot.
I won't rehash the immorality of Philbin and his family again, because he is no longer here. Thank God. I will allow the public to look up that little history. But I have NO REGRETS for what I said, because they were facts. Was it classless to bring up the Ray Rice incident as well?

After reviewing his first 13 games and keeping in mind the mind numbingly large list of injuries we had, he should stay. Anyone that thinks differently is smoking peyote.
I will say it for the 100th time. I LIKE Mike McDaniel a lot. It just seems he is not ready for this. And the team will suffer because of it. And so will the fans BTW.

He’s not going anywhere… so your options are come to terms with it, find a new team, ane shut the fu$k up with these ridiculous threads
I hope I don't have to. But I get the feeling I will be telling you " I told you so" this time next year

Ok, sure.
  • The Dolphins have a top offense. 98% of the time the correct call is deferring. Perhaps the Ravens would be one time you take the ball based upon their time with the lead. If this item is in your top 50 complaint for any coach, then you are barking up the wrong tree.
  • I do agree that McDaniel situational play calling does contribute to the losses during the last 2 seasons. I do not agree that a young effective head coach that has improved our offensive performance should be fired for this point. I would give 5 years before this point significantly contributes to his removal.
  • A more significant issue is his indecisive nature calling plays which guarantees bad receiver routes, inability to check out of plays, and excessive penalties. This is a major issue which has contributed to our losses. You did not list it, but this is most significant “Ah Sh%^”.
Here's my question to you. Are you convinced any of those issues will get fixed next season?

He’s not going anywhere… so your options are come to terms with it, find a new team, ane shut the fu$k up with these ridiculous threads
If you or anyone else want to sidestep the rampant negativity here on Finheaven come to this non negativity forum in here. We post the news and any debbie downers get the boot.

Back
Top Bottom