After watching more film.... Rank the 3 WRs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After watching more film.... Rank the 3 WRs

How do you rank the 3 WRs....

• 1 Chase.... 2 Smith...... 3 Waddle

Votes: 70 30.0%
  • 1 Chase.... 2 Waddle..... 3 Smith

Votes: 55 23.6%
  • 1 Smith..... 2 Chase..... 3 Waddle

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • 1 Smith..... 2 Waddle.... 3 Chase

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 1 Waddle.. 2 Chase.... 3 Smith

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • 1 Waddle.. 2 Smith.... 3 Chase

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters
I’d like to thank Houston for opportunity to draft Kyle Pitts at #3....and I hope another Dolphin trade down blunder doesn’t make us have to settle for one of those 3....but Chase is the clear choice in that scenario. Smith and Waddle have different strengths and weaknesses...it’s what the Dolphins feel they need most...

For me it's always been Smith and it's still Smith. He is a very polished route runner and that fits our system best imo. Tua needs an elite receiver he can count on and that is Tua's former room mate Smith. He also brings a nastiness to the game.

I just watched the highlight films of Smith, Chase and Pitts (sorry, forgot about Waddle for the moment). I'll be honest, I would take all 3 if I could. Rather than looking at their pluses I looked at their negatives. What I was very little negatives on each. I would honestly be happy with any one of them. They are all great. What I would hope is that none of them go to NE, NYJ or Buf.

I’m still working on it..it’s a tough one.

I do want to post a pic, Ive been trying to tell some folks that they may not be seeing what they think their seeing when it comes to DeVonta Smith and his physique..imo this is a uniquely built athlete, sport specific even position specific genetics..This is not just some skinny kid who is frail and will fall at apart at 170 once hit at the next level..there is a reason why he’s one of the best to ever play at the college level and his body actually has something g to do with it..he’s not overcoming it as most think..

if you watch his pro day, you will see there is a couple times where he says, I’m just gonna open up this body and boom, it was pure explosive speed on display..below is a pic from high school.

1618308395112.jpeg

Looking at it in terms of not who is the best receiver but who is the best fit for the Dolphins, I’m going with;

#1-Waddle
#2-Smith
#3-Chase

We already have two big bodied WR and a big athletic TE. Waddle is the weapon we tried to force Grant and Bowden to be and believe that Waddle opens everything up for the offense and makes a defense account for his whereabouts.

I’d like to thank Houston for opportunity to draft Kyle Pitts at #3....and I hope another Dolphin trade down blunder doesn’t make us have to settle for one of those 3....but Chase is the clear choice in that scenario. Smith and Waddle have different strengths and weaknesses...it’s what the Dolphins feel they need most...
This is where you and the Dolphins differ due to their strategy. Those trades happened because they are not in love with only Pitts if at all or only in love with any other players. They have 3 or 4 they want to target.

Just because some are over infatuated with Pitts doesn't mean the team has to be.

I get the question but it's not that simple. Where these 3 guys go really matters. Who fits where will go a long way. I think Smith and Waddle seem to fit more what we want to do on offense but I have Chase ahead of Waddle. All 3 are great talented prospects.

Good analysis.

I like wide receivers who know how to get open. That's Smith all day long and the main reason I put him first among the three.

Chase doesn't get that kind of separation, but I love his after the catch ability. He has that second gear when he needs it and is really good at winning the 50/50 plays. The most physical of the three, although Smith is a little underrated in that area.

Waddle has the added dimension of being a dynamic kick returner and is the fastest, most electric game changer of the three.
I tend to agree but I also think route concepts contribute to the perception Chase doesn’t uncover as well. That kid is so effortless in all his movements. So athletic. The slim reaper is smooth as silk as well. Great change of direction ability.

Any of these guys would be a great pick, however, we dont know what any of them will ultimately be at the next level. The team drafting them and the offensive scheme they are playing will make a difference.

Smith could be great, but will he hold up? I cant take that chance, its the NFL, not the NCAA and players are faster and stronger here.

Chase is a better version of Parker. I can see us trading Devante if the pick is Chase.

I like Waddle best as he is the swiss army knife Flo loves. He is a gamebreaker in so many ways. A Parker, Gesicki, Waddle, Fuller line up has to look tasty to Tua.

That said, you cant go wrong with any of these picks. Pick the best of whats available and make it work.

If Miami takes a WR first in this draft, they will be under a lot of pressure to make sure he was the best one. For me, Chase, Waddle, Smith...but what do I know?

Any of these guys would be a great pick, however, we dont know what any of them will ultimately be at the next level. The team drafting them and the offensive scheme they are playing will make a difference.

Smith could be great, but will he hold up? I cant take that chance, its the NFL, not the NCAA and players are faster and stronger here.

Chase is a better version of Parker. I can see us trading Devante if the pick is Chase.

I like Waddle best as he is the swiss army knife Flo loves. He is a gamebreaker in so many ways. A Parker, Gesicki, Waddle, Fuller line up has to look tasty to Tua.

That said, you cant go wrong with any of these picks. Pick the best of whats available and make it work.
Smith can get stronger too.

I voted
Chase
Smith
Waddle
But, I'm torn between Waddle and Smith for second. I really like Waddle's speed and kick return abilities.

This is where you and the Dolphins differ due to their strategy. Those trades happened because they are not in love with only Pitts if at all or only in love with any other players. They have 3 or 4 they want to target.

Just because some are over infatuated with Pitts doesn't mean the team has to be.
Right, who knows, they may be after Bateman or someone next tier to the big 4

Looking at it in terms of not who is the best receiver but who is the best fit for the Dolphins, I’m going with;

#1-Waddle
#2-Smith
#3-Chase

We already have two big bodied WR and a big athletic TE. Waddle is the weapon we tried to force Grant and Bowden to be and believe that Waddle opens everything up for the offense and makes a defense account for his whereabouts.
But you can find that at the end of the 2nd with Guys like Moore. I’m sorry but these type of guys don’t usually go top 10

Back
Top Bottom