After Watching Two Games, Who Makes The Final 53? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Watching Two Games, Who Makes The Final 53?

The guy that I’m worried about and should be worried is Vincent Taylor. Unless they are just easing him in due to coming back from injury.

The usage rate and when he’s being used is a red flag imo

Strangest question mark on usage after the impressive year last year, maybe this staff doesn’t think of him as highly for whatever reason? Or the injury thing and to get more looks at younger guys but Thursday may be telling.

Strangest question mark on usage after the impressive year last year, maybe this staff doesn’t think of him as highly for whatever reason? Or the injury thing and to get more looks at younger guys but Thursday may be telling.

He doesn’t look as explosive to me I don’t know if that’s the foot or what.

Boundary corner depth. Who and where is it?

You have Lammons, Armstrong, McTyer they seem to like Needham, if safeties get healthy Fitz might move thier especially in a pinch. Some names, , not sure who gets elevated first

Based on what I see on the boundary if it’s not rowe I’m throwing minkah out there.

I’m hitting the brakes and sending him out there lol

Well Rowe will start, unless he gets hurt...

Yeah that seems like plan a but minkah should be getting some reps in practice. Cause he’d be my 3rd boundary.

Whoever it is is gonna get attacked. Wiltz I think can hold down the slot. Hes a physical kid and he competes his ass off.

He’s gonna get beat too but I think you can live with it provided he tackles at the clip he did Friday. At worst he’s 2 deep worthy

Based on what I see on the boundary if it’s not rowe I’m throwing minkah out there.

I’m hitting the brakes and sending him out there lol

Yep.

its Howard/Rowe/Minkah as your primary boundary options but I truly don’t believe you will see Minkah out there much unless X goes down. . . And they like Wiltz a lot to potentially get nickel snaps while Minkah does his thing in that NE Rover look. I guess you also have McCain in the mix.

That boundary spot after Rowe is up for grabs, and Needham was given a golden opportunity and wet the bed.

Howard/Rowe/Fitzpatrick/Wiltz

Jones/Mcdonald/McCain/Aikens

They have room for what I’m guessing is 3 or even 4 more DBs with the amount of nickel/dime looks they want to give.

God that safety depth. Sure hope it doesn’t have to play on d

Aiken’s goes in eegads!

Can’t carry hartrage this year he takes terrible angles to the ball. P squad yes

A lot of cuts from other teams will probably be a dolphin soon. After about the 32nd player on the roster, miami has a bunch of JAGs.
I expect Miami to pick up a few offensive lineman. After two preseason games, it's hard to imagine Calhoun starting. That line is bad.

I know we'll know much more after the next game of course but just wanted to see what everyone is thinking at this point. It's not easy to predict the final 53 this year with a new coaching staff and lots of players lining up with the 1's and the 2's.

Do we keep 4 RB?
Do we keep 3 TE's or 4?
Do we keep 6 WR's?
Do we keep 11 DB's or maybe even 12?

I believe at least one or two guys that will be on the team week one are not even on the team right now)specially O-line guys)

Anyway, I'll give it a try but I know I'll change my mind on some after the next game.

QB-Rosen, RF

RB- Drake, Ballage, Laird(yes I think he'll make it)
Gaskin. I believe we'll start with 4 since Drake is hurt
FB-Cox

WR-Stills(if we don't move him) Parker, Wilson,Williams,Ford.......Grant starts on PUP

TE- Gesicki, Waldorf(this is my surprise here but I think he's done well in both games) Allen, Smythe

O-line- Tunsil,Deiter,Kilgore,Calhun,Davis,Reed,Prince........and one more guy or two not on the roster right now.

K-Sanders
p-Haack
LS-Denney

D-line- Wilkins,Godchaux,Harris,Carradine, Hendrix,Taylor,Orchard,Ledbetter

LB-Eguavoen,AVG,Baker, RM,Alonso,Watson,Hanks

DB-Minkah,TJM,Jones.McCain,Howard,Rowe,Armstrong,Davis,Lammons,Aikens,Mctyer

Like I said, this will change of course but wanted to see where we were at. I know we'll carry at least 8 O-line guys and I have 7 listed so one guy would have to come off another position to make room.
Great list. I think Laird makes it as well, maybe at the expense of Gaskins. Tight end will be interesting.

I expect Miami to pick up a few offensive lineman. After two preseason games, it's hard to imagine Calhoun starting. That line is bad.

Problem is any good lineman get released they will probably get snatched before MIA’s slot, unless you trade maybe a late pick...

Back
Top Bottom