After Watching Two Games, Who Makes The Final 53? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Watching Two Games, Who Makes The Final 53?

they definitely should get out of that hurns money. Butler too although I’m guessing he’s cheaper.

Ford has to be making dirt

If they wanted to promote Preston Williams parker would be the guy to trade. Ask looks similar imo.

I’m just not sure we are there yet with Williams. Something about his game just gives me pause

Your 6th wr isn’t getting you squat in o line trade. Sounds good never happens

Yep.

The more likely scenario is trading a token 7th for a guy who is slated for the PS on another team due to the depth they have on their OLine . . . Just to secure him.

Teams are not trading anybody from their active 7 oline for a fringe RB/WR/TE

Problem is any good lineman get released they will probably get snatched before MIA’s slot, unless you trade maybe a late pick...
I'd rather trade a guy like Raekwon, who may not fit this defense, Kiko, who may have some people enamored with his 125 tackles, or even Parker if anybody thinks they can get anything out of him.

I'd rather trade a guy like Raekwon, who may not fit this defense, Kiko, who may have some people enamored with his 125 tackles, or even Parker if anybody thinks they can get anything out of him.

If you get another GM to bite... think most likely scenario is as Kdawg points out, if anything at all.

Raekwon has too much injury history too early in his career to be worth much of anything in a trade. We don't have enough depth at LB to get rid of his potential IMO.

I think if a guy like Brandon Spikes can put in a successful tenure in the Patriots defense, a healthy Raekwon can be an effective piece. But dude can't stay healthy.

Kiko definitely a tradeable asset. Won't get much but the salary dump and a late rounder would be acceptable. Miami marketing likes having him on the team for his Cuban roots so hell he could be extended for all we know.

Personally I'm keeping Parker for at least 1 more year, see if I can up that trade value or uncover his best season, but he is also a trading deadline option this year.

With the defense most probably looking at a 5-6 DB base, the LB position is where I think the numbers will be limited. And where I think you'll see the least amount kept overall. With Orchard and Harris having the ability to play up at a LB position, allows Miami to keep less on the roster. Imo surprise cuts at LB are coming.

With the defense most probably looking at a 5-6 DB base, the LB position is where I think the numbers will be limited. And where I think you'll see the least amount kept overall. With Orchard and Harris having the ability to play up at a LB position, allows Miami to keep less on the roster. Imo surprise cuts at LB are coming.
Could be but I'm hoping we can actually get something in a trade instead of just cutting them and getting nothing in return. Kiko makes the most sense to trade of the LB's. RM is younger but he's been hurt so not sure we'd get much for him other than he's on a rookie deal.

The LB number will be between 5 and 6. Leaning 6 due to some of the nagging injuries.

Eguavoen, Baker, Kiko, Kwon and AVG should all make the team without overthinking it or factoring in a trade.

Allen/Hull injuries made what looked like potential players, non factors.

Guys like Poling, Deluca, Smith and others have to have great showings these next 2 weeks.

The LB number will be between 5 and 6. Leaning 6 due to some of the nagging injuries.

Eguavoen, Baker, Kiko, Kwon and AVG should all make the team without overthinking it or factoring in a trade.

Allen/Hull injuries made what looked like potential players, non factors.

Guys like Poling, Deluca, Smith and others have to have great showings these next 2 weeks.
you don't think Watson has a chance?

At WR, I think it comes down to Ford or Butler. Hurns is gone, Miami saves $3m if they release him. They'll get the same production from the #5/6 WR for a lot less. Another player to watch is, Jordan Mills. He's making $3m, I think Miami moves on from that. With the final backup OT spot going to either Sterup and/or Jones.

you don't think Watson has a chance?

If they keep a 6th from this group, it is looking like the battle is between Watson, Hanks, Deluca, Poling and Smith. But really the battle will be for the PS and the best special teamer will make the team as #6. That is why I rate Poling a bit higher when he hasn't been on the field.

Definitely a position battle to watch these next 2 games.

Back
Top Bottom