After Watching Two Games, Who Makes The Final 53? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Watching Two Games, Who Makes The Final 53?

Kiko Alonso would only save $150k if cut. I think Miami at least tries to find a trade partner for him. Not expecting any interest, but I think Miami is at the very least entertaining the idea of moving on.

If they keep a 6th from this group, it is looking like the battle is between Watson, Hanks, Deluca, Poling and Smith. But really the battle will be for the PS and the best special teamer will make the team as #6. That is why I rate Poling a bit higher when he hasn't been on the field.

Definitely a position battle to watch these next 2 games.
If we only keep 5 LB's then they better have at least two in the PS as we know Kiko and RM have both been hurt before.

Rashad Jones is virtually a lock for 2019. But in 2020 as a post June 1st designation he'll be gone.

At WR, I think it comes down to Ford or Butler. Hurns is gone, Miami saves $3m if they release him. They'll get the same production from the #5/6 WR for a lot less. Another player to watch is, Jordan Mills. He's making $3m, I think Miami moves on from that. With the final backup OT spot going to either Sterup and/or Jones.

Yea Hurns not gonna make it. Butler on the outside looking in as #7.

Unfortunately, Mills will probably be kept. Three straight 16 game seasons as a starter at RT and a $1 million signing bonus. Will be hard to cut that but he showed poorly at LT so the active gameday "swing option" took a big hit and ultimately took him from "lock" to bubble.

The problem is no team is going to trade away their 6th best O-line guy unless they're totally desperate at another position. Fact is we're going to go thru some growing pains this year up front. If we start the two rookies at guard then they will have good plays and bad plays but if they can improve as the year goes on then I'm ok with it.
I think we'll see this come true in cut downs as well. Flores figures to go with the younger players if the play is even with a veteran, or close enough. He must see something in Calhoun. That was an immediate change as soon as he replaced the offensive line coach.

Yep.

its Howard/Rowe/Minkah as your primary boundary options but I truly don’t believe you will see Minkah out there much unless X goes down. . . And they like Wiltz a lot to potentially get nickel snaps while Minkah does his thing in that NE Rover look. I guess you also have McCain in the mix.

That boundary spot after Rowe is up for grabs, and Needham was given a golden opportunity and wet the bed.

Howard/Rowe/Fitzpatrick/Wiltz

Jones/Mcdonald/McCain/Aikens

They have room for what I’m guessing is 3 or even 4 more DBs with the amount of nickel/dime looks they want to give.

Whats happened to Maurice Smith at safty I thought he showed promise minus injuries

If they keep a 6th from this group, it is looking like the battle is between Watson, Hanks, Deluca, Poling and Smith. But really the battle will be for the PS and the best special teamer will make the team as #6. That is why I rate Poling a bit higher when he hasn't been on the field.

Definitely a position battle to watch these next 2 games.

Seems to me the last LB to make the 53 has to be a top ST guy. Who that is, I have no idea

Geez I sure hope we finally get this coaching thing right cause it just keeps us in the same hole. Gotta clean house churn the roster settle for loosing again cause the new coach is incapable of coaching the last coaches players. Soo tired of failure and repeat excuses.

Seems to me the last LB to make the 53 has to be a top ST guy. Who that is, I have no idea
This is why I can see Kiko being traded. That last LB has to play ST's and I don't think they want to keep him to play ST's tho I'm sure he would do it if asked.

With as little as RM has been seen on defense throughout TC, it wouldn't surprise me that he's going to get a lot of special team reps.

With as little as RM has been seen on defense throughout TC, it wouldn't surprise me that he's going to get a lot of special team reps.
He could be of course that's how he got hurt his rookie year.

Farrow deserves a longer look at RB, longest run front scrimmage in Tampa game but is was against 2nd-3rd stringers

Bet they look for a lot of players come cut time - OL, RB, LB, DB, DL on an on probably the only thing they don't look for is WR's

Churning the bottom 10-15% of the roster will more than likely be a thing most of the season

Also may not be apposed to buying a couple mill of Kiko contract if they got a 4th or 5th round pick in 2020

Back
Top Bottom