Agent open to AVG resigning with Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Agent open to AVG resigning with Miami

AVG is going to be the most difficult decision we make in free agency. Of course, you want the player back. But how high are you willing to go to keep him? At a certain point (>$8M/year), you shake his hand, wish him well, and pocket the 5th round compensatory pick.

I've got a feeling someone is going to overpay him.. would love to see him back at fair price that's even a bit more than what it 'should be,' since that's the nature of Free Agency.

I don’t see him looking for top dollar or receiving it. Dude is totally the type that will take a fair deal to stay where he is happy.

He’s absolutely one of those guys that’s wired like Sieler “yeah, I can live on $8mil instead of $9.5mil if it means I can live in Miami over Minnesota.”

Not every player has the “I gotta feed my family” mentality when it’s deciding between multi million dollar deals (not hating, just saying).
Well...Tyreek has a point.

What happens if you just pay him like 5 mil on the books, and then he finds cash under his floormats later on?

pissass the gink is gonna be 29 in may..

3/24 mill.

If AVG signs an extension, that’s probably the jersey I get next season.

Rosenhaus is a veteran. For him to put out there about coming back and fit, he’s definitely talking to Fins about mutual interest and they aren’t far apart imo.

I wouldn't overpay him, he really does seem to disappear at times during the season, he's done it every year since he's been drafted
I agree with you about his Houdini act like 2 sacks in the last 12 games, Zero forced fumbles, 1 interception td 15 games, 12 qb hits in 12 games, 46 tackles-12 games. He reminds me of Kiko Alonso ,both look/looked good running around like an insane person but not accomplishing very much. I think he's a decent back up but far from a quality starter and shouldn't be paid as such My apologies to Kiko, he was much better than AVG...

I've got a feeling someone is going to overpay him.. would love to see him back at fair price that's even a bit more than what it 'should be,' since that's the nature of Free Agency.
Titans maybe. Lots of cap.

Will AVG be ready for regular season? Probably not, right? So he might not get signed until later in the summer when he can pass a physical.

Back
Top Bottom