AJ Feeley | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Feeley

Joe Flipper said:
this is AJs team....:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ..the guy wont win 6 games in miami this year

Please lets make that bet!! Where are you located?

rafael said:
Don't be a d*ck. You could put together a highlight real showing that Fiedler is better than Marino, it doesn't make it true.

I've seen enough of AJ to know that he has a problem with streaky accuracy and poor decision making. Your own OC agrees. I've watched enough football to know that these problems are rarely overcome. If you want to to say you hope AJ beats the odds, great, I agree with you. But if you want me to feel comfortable that we're set at QB with the guy who had the lowest rating in the league and displayed the same difficulties even when he was surrounded bya superior team (Eagles) then I'm not with you.

I have also seen enough of AJ, to say that the rotten offense he was in was a major factor in those STATS. Having less than 2.5 seconds to throw isnt optimal for even the best qbs. Having no blitz reads or hot routes is asking for triouble.

Saban has to have seen something to say there is potential that he wants to explore. The only rookie qb is an undrafted FA, you dont wait on getting a qb if you have no faith in the one you have. And it isnt Frerrotte, he may see Frerrotte as a 1 to 2 yr solution but isnt the future, you dont put off drafting a potential future qb til next year if you dont believe that you already have a potential future at qb, and that isnt frerrotte.

shellgh0st said:
LOL you dont know what you are talking about. TODD PINKSTON AND JAMES THRASH ARE SUPERIOR??? At what?? Nicknamed stinkston and trash, they are not superior to anyone. The only good thing was our OL and we had a decent TE although overrated and a decent back in staley.

I said I will put EVERY pass play from the rams game! Not one or two. ALL OF THEM. Youre scared cause you dont know HOW he played in those games. You can only reference a quote from a OC that was down playing a qb controversy to protect McNabb and reference how he played with a pathetic dolphins offense.

Truth is he was outstanding in his first game as starter with us. Aikman praised him saying he was the best eagle player on offense.

Did you see the great bomb he threw for a TD that was mistakenly called back on stinkston in the seattle game? That was a nice pass, deep and accurate.

Admit it, you didnt see him play with the eagles so you havent a clue has to how accurate he would be under better circumstances. Just admit you didnt see those games.

The Eagles team was superior to the Dolphins. Not the WRs, the team.

The quote from Childress was after he was traded to Miami. There was no controversy to protect.

The games I saw were the SF game when he came in at the end and the Dallas and NYG game. I did not watch the Rams game.

Dolphination73 said:
Wow, you must really miss Fiedler!! I remember your posts constantly endorsing him from the past. But guess what... He is gone! Fiedler didn't have 1/2 the talent that AJ does and had way more at his disposal... How about the leading rusher in RICKY WILLIAMS! And exactly what did AJ have around him that's making you go on this trashing campaign of yours?

All I can say to all you AJ bashers is get ready to eat crow once Feeley shows what he's really capable of with a RUNNING game and decent coaching!

No I don't miss Fiedler. He made too many poor decisions. The posts you recall were me saying that Fiedler's arm strength wasn't the issue. Too many people who can't analyse QB play think that arm strength is all important. That is what AJ has over Fiedler. It means very little.

If you look back I actually supported the trade. I said that I hadn't seen as much of AJ as RS so we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Now that I've seen more of AJ I feel my preliminary analysis was accurate. I want AJ to succeed. I just don't think it's likely.

rafael said:
The Eagles team was superior to the Dolphins. Not the WRs, the team.

The quote from Childress was after he was traded to Miami. There was no controversy to protect.

The games I saw were the SF game when he came in at the end and the Dallas and NYG game. I did not watch the Rams game.

The team??? what does that have to do with his accuracy? Nothing. Our talent was on defense not at the skill position (other then qb.) Our QBs suffered because our skill players sucked. Worst Ive seen.

The giants gave us fits because of their defense. They made McNabb look horrible many times back then because no one could get open on them and we couldnt run on them.

thats what childress had said at the time and he had to stick to it. Especially after we traded AJ away. Childress is just a lacky for Andy. Andy runs the offense, calls the plays, basically does it all. I wouldnt put too much into what childress had to say anyway.

What second year QBs dont make bad decisions? lol..

Bottom line, he made our sad WRs look better then McNabb made them look. If they couldve caught all the balls that hit their hands, AJs numbers wouldve been a lot better. I guess thats why we got Owens, because those guys couldnt catch.

rafael said:
No I don't miss Fiedler. He made too many poor decisions. The posts you recall were me saying that Fiedler's arm strength wasn't the issue. Too many people who can't analyse QB play think that arm strength is all important. That is what AJ has over Fiedler. It means very little.

If you look back I actually supported the trade. I said that I hadn't seen as much of AJ as RS so we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Now that I've seen more of AJ I feel my preliminary analysis was accurate. I want AJ to succeed. I just don't think it's likely.

Analize qbs? AND you can? All you use is STATS and nobody can tell you you are wrong, right? STATS! Young inexperienced qb thrown into a horrible offense built around and everything hinging on 1500 yds rushing with no o-line and losing that 1500 yds in rushing. Yet you believe his stats should have been great. Bad decisions? Yep, but hey lets not look at the whys at all right, lets stop on teh surface, no need to look deeper right? Analize qbs? Let me know when you start.

Arm strength is teh reason we like AJ? Yep, but in normal fashion for you you stop there. Arm strength isnt everything, intangibles are bigger. Guess what? intangibles cant be measured by stats. But arm strength is a factor. Jay was done in by not having it, he had everything else. But not having it did him in and there was nothing we could do to change it nor could he. Say AJ doesnt have the intangibles? I say YOU cant analize qbs. After the beating he took, the controversies, the early dissention, Id say him getting back up working hard and bnever backing down, winning over those same teammates that disliked him, shows me intangibles.

Childress saying AJ has problems wit ints and he needs to fix that means AJ wont succeed? Funny 2 eliet qbs right now had the same or worse said about them after their first year starting, guess they suked as well? Oh the 2 are Manning and Favre.

AJ isnt guarenteed, he isn't guarenteed bad either. Doesnt matter what you nor I think, Saban didnt draft a qb, what does that say that Saban thinks? If you say Frerrotte, I will tell you sour grapes are bad for you.

rickeyrunsover said:
I have also seen enough of AJ, to say that the rotten offense he was in was a major factor in those STATS. Having less than 2.5 seconds to throw isnt optimal for even the best qbs. Having no blitz reads or hot routes is asking for triouble.

Saban has to have seen something to say there is potential that he wants to explore. The only rookie qb is an undrafted FA, you dont wait on getting a qb if you have no faith in the one you have. And it isnt Frerrotte, he may see Frerrotte as a 1 to 2 yr solution but isnt the future, you dont put off drafting a potential future qb til next year if you dont believe that you already have a potential future at qb, and that isnt frerrotte.

Not necesarily. I have little faith in AJ and I wouldn't have drafted any of the QBs after Smith was gone. My final board had Smith #1 followed by Brown, Edwards, C. Williams then Rodgers. As I stated before I didn't see any of the later round QBs as worth drafting.

BTW I only use stats to illustrate principals that are hard to demonstrate otherwise. The reason I don't have faith in Feeley is that I don't think he's smart enough. Too often he bird dogs his receivers. He never moves a defender. When his first option is gone that usually means the play is over. That means that if your coach doesn't call the superior play you can't rely on him to bail you out. That's what great QBs do. I don't see AJ becoming a great QB.

rafael said:
Not necesarily. I have little faith in AJ and I wouldn't have drafted any of the QBs after Smith was gone. My final board had Smith #1 followed by Brown, Edwards, C. Williams then Rodgers. As I stated before I didn't see any of the later round QBs as worth drafting.

BTW I only use stats to illustrate principals that are hard to demonstrate otherwise. The reason I don't have faith in Feeley is that I don't think he's smart enough. Too often he bird dogs his receivers. He never moves a defender. When his first option is gone that usually means the play is over. That means that if your coach doesn't call the superior play you can't rely on him to bail you out. That's what great QBs do. I don't see AJ becoming a great QB.

Granted. But you stop there, was it he isnt smart enough or was it he had no time after looking for the 1st option? Seems to me the last 4 games outside a couple bad passes he did much better at finding second and third options. That is when his yards per attempt decreased, because he he had better time and found teh underneath receiver when his deep options were taken away.

Hey I admit that he has alot to prove. and he has to prove it. But, he needs the chance with a real system to say for sure. You cannot fully condemn AJ for last year when you do not factor in the total circumstances and teh effect that had on his play.

rickeyrunsover said:
Analize qbs? AND you can? All you use is STATS and nobody can tell you you are wrong, right? STATS! Young inexperienced qb thrown into a horrible offense built around and everything hinging on 1500 yds rushing with no o-line and losing that 1500 yds in rushing. Yet you believe his stats should have been great. Bad decisions? Yep, but hey lets not look at the whys at all right, lets stop on teh surface, no need to look deeper right? Analize qbs? Let me know when you start.

Arm strength is teh reason we like AJ? Yep, but in normal fashion for you you stop there. Arm strength isnt everything, intangibles are bigger. Guess what? intangibles cant be measured by stats. But arm strength is a factor. Jay was done in by not having it, he had everything else. But not having it did him in and there was nothing we could do to change it nor could he. Say AJ doesnt have the intangibles? I say YOU cant analize qbs. After the beating he took, the controversies, the early dissention, Id say him getting back up working hard and bnever backing down, winning over those same teammates that disliked him, shows me intangibles.

Childress saying AJ has problems wit ints and he needs to fix that means AJ wont succeed? Funny 2 eliet qbs right now had the same or worse said about them after their first year starting, guess they suked as well? Oh the 2 are Manning and Favre.

AJ isnt guarenteed, he is guarenteed bad either. Doesnt matter what you nor I think, Saban didnt draft a qb, what does that say that Saban thinks? If you say Frerrotte, I will tell your sour grapes are bad.

Fiedler never had all the intangibles (there's more to intangibles than just leadership). That's my point. It wasn't just arm strength that did him in. It was the decision making. That's what AJ lacks.

Manning and Farve never had the accuracy problems that AJ has. If you read my post you should have realized that I said those are TWO problems that are rarely overcome. It's not impossible, it's just unlikely.

rickeyrunsover said:
Granted. But you stop there, was it he isnt smart enough or was it he had no time after looking for the 1st option? Seems to me the last 4 games outside a couple bad passes he did much better at finding second and third options. That is when his yards per attempt decreased, because he he had better time and found teh underneath receiver when his deep options were taken away.

Hey I admit that he has alot to prove. and he has to prove it. But, he needs the chance with a real system to say for sure. You cannot fully condemn AJ for last year when you do not factor in the total circumstances and teh effect that had on his play.

Every QB who isn't already a franchise QB has something to prove. Analyzing a prospect involves trying to predict whether he'll develop or not. I see the odds of AJ developing as slim. I wanted a backup plan. Hell I wanted one last year when I was supporting the AJ trade and Rivers was expected to be available with our pick. I wanted us to draft Brees b/c Fiedler (who I still had hope for) wasn't showing enough development. The reason is that it's very hard to win without a QB and I don't want to keep putting it off b/c we have other holes or recycling other team's castoffs or praying for some late round miracle. Now I like R. Brown, so it's not like I have something against him. I've already put an order in to get his jersey and I'm not someone who buys many jerseys (I have a Chamber's and R. Williams that was a gift). The only two jerseys I would have purchased were Smith's and Brown's.

Tommatt said:
I never bood fielder. He came in after marino and gave us some winning seasons. At times I liked him, and I wanted to see him succeed. The past two years, his flaws really started showing.

But I was loving him after that game with oakland a few years ago, when he ran it in from the 5 to win the game with the clock running out.

He gave us a couple 10 win seasons, one with lamar smith at running back, and got us to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Wanny screwed up though by never drafting a QB, it was obvious fielder could stand in for a couple years, but that was it.

In that Oakland game, Fiedler's mistakes were the reason we had to come from behind to win the game. All he did with that run at the end of the game was make up for his horrid play earlier.

rafael said:
I'm not sure when that was. You guys won 4 out of 5 games (against weak opponents), but AJ didn't play well. He had a low comp. % and a high int. %, this is not what I call playing well.

I saw two games Feeley played for the Eagles that year and came away impressed. Statistics say nothing. I was impressed with him then and think he's gonna prove all you naysayers wrong

I'll be rooting for Feeley to win the job as that win vs NE made my season. Howver if Frerotte ends up being the Better QB so be it. I just want to win more than 4 games.

First post here, but an avid reader for about a year and a half. I just want to go on record as being a Feeley backer. I have confidence in the guy and thinks he has the skills to be the leader of the new Phins. He just needs the scheme to fit his skills, just like every player. With Saban on staff, I'm forseeing the exact opposite of the "square peg into round hole" approach Wantsdead used. He will adjust his schemes to fit the talent that he has. No more WAD ball and no more "man cover only" defense with no blitzes or zones.

I am in no way guaranteeing Feeley will succeed under Saban, but I am predicting it. Especially after this draft (don't know much about Berlin, but it sounds as if he's not very good). I think it's obvious Saban has confidence in his young quaterback. Let's not place all the blame of those pick 6's on Feeley's shoulders. He had 0.00666 seconds at most to make a decisions, a piss-poor running game, missed blocks by backs and tackles, tipped balls, and dropped passes to help him score so much for the other teams. I am hoping I won't have to eat my words half way through the season, but I am very excited for Feeley, Saban, and the whole team in general to succeed.

rafael said:
Fiedler never had all the intangibles (there's more to intangibles than just leadership). That's my point. It wasn't just arm strength that did him in. It was the decision making. That's what AJ lacks.

Manning and Farve never had the accuracy problems that AJ has. If you read my post you should have realized that I said those are TWO problems that are rarely overcome. It's not impossible, it's just unlikely.

See if that is what you think, I believe you are wrong. Expecting a qb to never make bad decisions is ludicrous. Mannin, Favre, Montana do. Manning doesnt make many, but considering the weapons around him, he doesnt need to. It is also something he learned over time. Jay made bad decisions, yes he did, but that had very much to do with defense schemes and his clear confidence he could make those throws that he couldnt.

Point being, had he had a strong enough arm, he had accuracy, leadership, toughness, confidence, the will to win. Yes he was accurate, on the throws that played to his strengths, ones where he dint have th earm for, no he wasnt.

Having a contingency I have no prob with, I am for it. But who says Saban doesnt? He obviously didnt see value nor a desparate need.

Back
Top Bottom