Aj Sucks!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aj Sucks!!

I am not taking glee in the fact that Gus is our starting QB. I feel much more secure that we will be throwing less INT's for TD's however.

finfan54 said:
I am not taking glee in the fact that Gus is our starting QB. I feel much more secure that we will be throwing less INT's for TD's however.

Lets hope Champ Bailey feels the same

inFINSible said:
Got your attention?? :lol:

Yep, ole AJ shat the bed last Thursday night...and I knew it was going to happen. I actually told someone prior to kick-off that AJ would play poorly, ask BALLSDEEP, I spoke to him on the phone before he went into the stadium. I told him that AJ would play badly because he will try to do too much.

I had hoped that I would be wrong about that but, as it turns out, I couldn't have been more correct....and it's at this point where I realized that AJ Feeley is fatally flawed. One word brings out all the worst qualities in Mr. Feeley, one word buckles his knees like he took a shot from Sugar Ray Leonard. That one word is ...pressure.

Whether it's a DT tossing Seth McKinney aside and coming at AJ like a freight train or whether it's as simple as a QB competition for a starting job, AJ's response to pressure is not fight, it's flight. It's also panic and it's desperation but, it is anything except calm, cool, and confident.

As is the case with evaluating any QB, it's what is inside their head that is hardest to read. The talent is obvious, however, as I've read before, there are many people that can throw a football real hard that are selling insurance for a living or unclogging your toilets and as much as it pains me to say it, I've lost faith that AJ has the head to play QB consistently at the level he needs to attain to be an effective starter in this league. You can't succumb to pressure on this level. It's the one thing that separates the real players from the other ones. The ones that step up and play big in the biggest moments are the ones that make memories for their fans and AJ is more likely to make a nightmarish mistake than to make a cherished mental photograph.

I had planned to give AJ the entire season before I waved my white flag and gave up on him but, I just can't find anything else good to say about him. Maybe he wasn't supported enough by either HC and given a completely fair shot at anything but, he needed to take it upon himself to force recognition from those coaches and he didn't do that.

Maybe AJ will be a good player someday and maybe he might find a situation that he feels comfortable in and performs well and maybe even finds himself in a starting role again but, on Sunday's, if I'm an opponent of AJ, I'm gonna blitz his fool head off, and I'm going to win the game because AJ will never be a diamond under pressure, he'll always be a lump of coal.

Are you ready for the list of people that I was going to swat with my all powerful QB knowledge?? :lol:
These people all know more than me and most everyone else on the board, about AJ Feeley....Everyone of these people said Feeley was crap from the very beginning and they never wavered.....and I hate everyone of them...:)
Boik14
Boone
Cedric Benson
chambers84
djfresh47
dolphinrodney
DolphinDevil28
eddie4fins
enigmatics
espn390
finfan54
finlandia
fish fan 4life
Joe Flipper
minus
Nappy Roots
nick1
NJFINSFAN1
outlawd2U
phinz_fan
phishstix
Pope Shula XIV
SCall13
TarHeel38
Zod
and whatever this says....«©òókîê ߥtë®»

Of course...AJ Feeley is the only thing they knew more than me about....:D

AJ still has an entire season however bleak it looks for him to "take the bull by the horns", unfortunately, I'm now reduced to hoping he proves me wrong ....again.

Very well said

Well Ive had this signature up for a good couple of months or more, Im not that new to the boards Ive gone at it with the AJHuggers ever since Ive been here. Like Boik, I would have loved to have been wrong about this, I wish Feeley was the answer to our problems at Qb, giving up a 2nd rounder for a guy that frankly isnt even backup quality is a complete disaster. Time to get a new signature, AJ is done and theres no sense beating a dead horse.

I made the list, and will put it up next to my diplomas. It's not that Aj Feeley doesn't have talent, it's the head, the intangibles that make a good starting Qb, a good starting Qb. Tom Brady is not the most physically gifted, but there is not a Qb who has the intangibles that he has. Aj failing is not a good thing for the franchise, and there will be disputing by conspiracy theorists that debate that he wasn't given an opportunity, but he didn't clearly establish himself as the starter, Gus didn't either, but the coaching staff and players have more confidence in him.

djfresh47 said:
I made the list, and will put it up next to my diplomas. It's not that Aj Feeley doesn't have talent, it's the head, the intangibles that make a good starting Qb, a good starting Qb. Tom Brady is not the most physically gifted, but there is not a Qb who has the intangibles that he has. Aj failing is not a good thing for the franchise, and there will be disputing by conspiracy theorists that debate that he wasn't given an opportunity, but he didn't clearly establish himself as the starter, Gus didn't either, but the coaching staff and players have more confidence in him.

..Couldnt have summed it up any better!! Guys like Jeff George, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf..didnt fail in this league because they were not talented enough...they all lacked the smarts and temperment that goes with the position. And aside from that Feeley is still incredibley gun shy back there.

inFINSible said:

Yep, ole AJ shat the bed last Thursday night...and I knew it was going to happen. I actually told someone prior to kick-off that AJ would play poorly, ask BALLSDEEP, I spoke to him on the phone before he went into the stadium. I told him that AJ would play badly because he will try to do too much.

I had hoped that I would be wrong about that but, as it turns out, I couldn't have been more correct....and it's at this point where I realized that AJ Feeley is fatally flawed. One word brings out all the worst qualities in Mr. Feeley, one word buckles his knees like he took a shot from Sugar Ray Leonard. That one word is ...pressure.

Whether it's a DT tossing Seth McKinney aside and coming at AJ like a freight train or whether it's as simple as a QB competition for a starting job, AJ's response to pressure is not fight, it's flight. It's also panic and it's desperation but, it is anything except calm, cool, and confident.

As is the case with evaluating any QB, it's what is inside their head that is hardest to read. The talent is obvious, however, as I've read before, there are many people that can throw a football real hard that are selling insurance for a living or unclogging your toilets and as much as it pains me to say it, I've lost faith that AJ has the head to play QB consistently at the level he needs to attain to be an effective starter in this league. You can't succumb to pressure on this level. It's the one thing that separates the real players from the other ones. The ones that step up and play big in the biggest moments are the ones that make memories for their fans and AJ is more likely to make a nightmarish mistake than to make a cherished mental photograph.

I had planned to give AJ the entire season before I waved my white flag and gave up on him but, I just can't find anything else good to say about him. Maybe he wasn't supported enough by either HC and given a completely fair shot at anything but, he needed to take it upon himself to force recognition from those coaches and he didn't do that.

Maybe AJ will be a good player someday and maybe he might find a situation that he feels comfortable in and performs well and maybe even finds himself in a starting role again but, on Sunday's, if I'm an opponent of AJ, I'm gonna blitz his fool head off, and I'm going to win the game because AJ will never be a diamond under pressure, he'll always be a lump of coal.

Are you ready for the list of people that I was going to swat with my all powerful QB knowledge?? :lol:
These people all know more than me and most everyone else on the board, about AJ Feeley....Everyone of these people said Feeley was crap from the very beginning and they never wavered.....and I hate everyone of them...:)
Boik14
Boone
Cedric Benson
chambers84
djfresh47
dolphinrodney
DolphinDevil28
eddie4fins
enigmatics
espn390
finfan54
finlandia
fish fan 4life
Joe Flipper
minus
Nappy Roots
nick1
NJFINSFAN1
outlawd2U
phinz_fan
phishstix
Pope Shula XIV
SCall13
TarHeel38
Zod

AJ still has an entire season however bleak it looks for him to "take the bull by the horns", unfortunately, I'm now reduced to hoping he proves me wrong ....again.

Don't feel bad AJ played his high school ball 30 miles from me and I thought hey support the local guy. Man was I wrong. Damned if I'll get on the site and admit it. It is really frustrating is I know he has the tools but between the ears he is a ryan leaf type of player. Sh#tting away a load of talent because he is to immature.

Nice post inFins, I too am a "former backer" of AJ, but he showed me absolutly nothing I could use this preseason to defend him.Although Gus didn't really set on offense on fire something makes me feel more comfortable letting him lead the O.Btw I don't believe AJ will be a Dolphins after this season(big surprise!).:shakeno:

rickeyrunsover said:
You mean less arguing over the lack of a qb. Hate to point that out,LOL.

I always said all I wanted was for AJ to have a shot to see if it was the offense that caused the problems. As it turns out it was him. Many believed that from the beginning, I wasnt sold as I dont think any qb would have succeeded last year. Trouble many of you wer able to see into his eyes so to speak and see the panic under pressure. I didnt or didnt want to. Ha, hindight is 20/20, boy dont I wish we could use that to fix some mistakes made.
Yeah especially the lack of qb. I never said Gus was golden just that I felt he was better and maybe if we get lucky he'll become Rich Gannon (i.e. right qb in the right system). Im not optimistic on that one either but im trying to keep it positive.

inFINSible said:
You would never catch me booing any player.

I got mad Thursday night, and I would have had some choice words for AJ Feeley if I was in ear shot but, the next play is always more important than the last one. I cheer for the next play, I don't cry about the last one.

I wish I could say the same. Not that I boo players anyway (wouldn't make much sense since I'm 3200 miles away) but I always find myself analyzing plays from a coaching perspective. It's interfering with my enjoyment of the game, really.

Is there a support group for this tragic mindset?

:tongue:

NaboCane said:
I wish I could say the same. Not that I boo players anyway (wouldn't make much sense since I'm 3200 miles away) but I always find myself analyzing plays from a coaching perspective. It's interfering with my enjoyment of the game, really.

Is there a support group for this tragic mindset?

:tongue:

There shoud be!

Talk to Gram about that, I think he's out in Montana running a retreat for the treatment of chronic acute overanalysis victims.

inFINSible said:

Boik14
Boone
Cedric Benson
chambers84
djfresh47
dolphinrodney
DolphinDevil28
eddie4fins
enigmatics
espn390
finfan54
finlandia
fish fan 4life
Joe Flipper
minus
Nappy Roots
nick1
NJFINSFAN1
outlawd2U
phinz_fan
phishstix
Pope Shula XIV
SCall13
TarHeel38
Zod

Not many people will make a thread about being wrong.Props to you Infins..

Back
Top Bottom