Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are we going to get for a fourth? A turnstile Guard? Gase is putting his job on the line with this move. This is justifiable with a 2nd, but a fourth?! A fourth?! This may very well go down as the worst trade in NFL history if Ajayi and the Eagles go on to win the Super Bowl. Wow.
TE Dallas Goedert if he slides because of small school discrimination. He will be another Gronk, only Goedert will stay healthy.

According to Bokamper.... Jay became a prima Donna after last year's success.

The kid was always trying to hit the home run versus taking what was there...he wasn't blocking well, wasn't catching well...wasn't doing what he was told to do.

And finally...couldn't practice because of the knee...bone on bone.

And....he was gonna want big time money next year.

I think they decided all things considered that go ahead and get a pick for him.

Gase wants his backs to be factors in the passing game.

I like Bo, and listen to every episode of the Audible. But he is still on the Dolphins payroll - I imagine a lot of the PR guys there will be trying to come up with excuses for the trade as this was a very divisive decision. A lot of complaints, such as this crap about always looking to hit the home run, are being repeated by a lot of people as if they're indelible truths when really no one was saying that before last week.
By all accounts he was putting a lot of time in to improve parts of his game, including pass catching, to be a better all-round back. That doesn't sound very diva-ish.

Maybe Gase was annoyed about him starting up his own fashion label? I can see that annoying him if he felt that he wasn't putting enough time into preparing for the games. Though considering how short a career he's expected to have, which could very well mean he doesn't get a second contract, you can't blame him for trying to make his money now. The Dolphins 5th round rookie contract wasn't going to make him rich.

On the field though, we knew teams were stacking the box to stop Jay and force us to pass. Now they don't need to stack the box. Neither Drake nor Williams saw enough playing time to suggest that they would be an upgrade to Ajayi. That might mean that the RB's will have an easier time of it now, or it probably means that our awful passing game will have a tougher time of it. Can we actually get any worse?

As with all these things, time will tell. If the offence doesnt improve for the rest of the season, then Gase is out of excuses.

After digesting this trade overnight, I actually believe Miami got better than market value for Ajayi and they got a return on investment.

That doesn't mean it was a good trade. He clearly was big factor on offense and you have nothing but question marks behind him. As a team, him being successful has generally meant you are successful on offense.

But once you factor in all these reported issues he was having (even stemming back to the Seattle game last year), the eventual knee thing being an issue and the whole contract situation starting in the offseason . . . it is quite possible Miami just didn't wanna deal with it anymore, looked at his production and the offense this year and said "how much worse are we gonna be if we get rid of him, can't get much worse than we have been with him".

So in the end, I think both Miami and Philly accomplished their goals. Miami gets to add another hopeful young player for 4 cheap years with that 4th round pick while also giving their recent 3rd round pick a chance to be productive and Philly rolls the dice that Ajayi can be a missing piece to a team with Super Bowl aspirations over the next 2 years.

Football Outsiders disagrees with the notion that Benjamin is having a down year, according to their metrics he's having his best year, being ranked top 15.

And on that note they have the Dolphins ranked 31st in overall team efficiency. One slot worse than the aforementioned joke Browns, but we are one slot ahead of Philbin's new team at least.

Went to sleep, and had a nightmare that we traded our NFL Top 100, Pro Bowl, downhill running, contact seeking bell cow for a fourth round pick with one year left on his rookie deal, because our head coach is an ego maniac who needed a scapegoat for his terrible play calling.

Wait...that was real?

Went to sleep, and had a nightmare that we traded our NFL Top 100, Pro Bowl, downhill running, contact seeking bell cow for a fourth round pick with one year left on his rookie deal, because our head coach is an ego maniac who needed a scapegoat for his terrible play calling.

Wait...that was real?
Thank god it was,Jay was useless this year and our so called top 100 player has yet to even score a touchdown. When you arent effective in the passing game as a running back in this league you dont make it. Teams simply adjust to you and you are done

Awesome! Not only do I hate Boise St., and knew those picks with him and Taylor would be wastes- notice Ay'iSee only ran up his yards against weak teams like the Bills and Jets- when he faced real defenses- Steelers, Ravens, etc- he'd get stoned in his tracks- every time! I'm surprised Drake hasn't passed him in the depth chart by now. Please no more Boise St poo draft picks!

So is this a confirmed conditional pick? I thought the Eagles didn't have a second or third round pick. If this is a conditional pick that could turn into a second or third round pick, then my entire stance on the trade changes.

So is this a confirmed conditional pick? I thought the Eagles didn't have a second or third round pick. If this is a conditional pick that could turn into a second or third round pick, then my entire stance on the trade changes.

Conditional usually means worse. If it was a conditional third pretty sure the Dolphins would want that out there.

Yeah, except bad coaches are the only ones who have to send out their best players because they can't manage them and get the best out of them.

Well...a coach can't control a players attitude...that is on the player...they have to buy in to the TEAM and the coaches play and plan philosophy otherwise the inmates run the prison so to speak...it's the players responsibility to adapt their talent to the coaches vision and plan.....if you don't like the plan then when the time is right...find a new teamor sit on the bench and allow a TEAM player to do their best to help the team win....get on board or get out....if the coach is a "bad coach" then the owner has a job to do...a bad or disruptive attitude is something that sooner than later affects the chemistry of the entire team....attitude is a personal choice and the choice belongs to the person not the teacher/coach....

Can’t find confirmation of it anywhere else, but I agree if it is conditional, it would be downward not upward conditional.

yeah they don't round up

conditional reads like medical if it's production based and Miami agreed to it than the jokes on us

as for the rest of these backs time to put up or shut up not necessarily with high level production per say but looking like you belong...cross hairs on Kenyan drake...mando says the rb room is gonna hit the redo button this offseason....will anyone survive?

Well, a day later and I'm glad to see that the internet didn't let me down. :laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom