Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 4th rounder for the only player on Miami's offense that struck a little fear in DCs. I get all the negatives, his knee is problematic. He has been freelancing and going for the homerun too much. But still why does it always seem that every trade that Miami seems to get bent over with no vaseline by every other team in the league. When was the last time we made a trade and you thought to yourself yeah Miami got the better of the other team on that one?

Good luck with Kenyan Drake and Damien Williams as your top 2 backs. Anyone really believes Drake can stand up for the rest of the season if he is getting more than 10 to 15 carries a game? Williams has already shown that other than the passing game he is pretty much a non-value added player on offense.

So Jay takes the blame for offensive genius coach not being able to build anything better than one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Good luck to the kid and I hope he tears it up in Philly to make Miami front office look even more inane than they already look.

By the way one of the main criticisms of Ajai seems to be he wasn't studying enough. You know who else doesn't seem to be studying that much. Adam Gase, or else those early scripted plays would work much better than the garbage we have seen all year.

yeah they don't round up

conditional reads like medical if it's production based and Miami agreed to it than the jokes on us

as for the rest of these backs time to put up or shut up not necessarily with high level production per say but looking like you belong...cross hairs on Kenyan drake...mando says the rb room is gonna hit the redo button this offseason....will anyone survive?

The Eagles had three 4th round picks pre-trade, so the condition is that our pick going to be whatever pick ends up being Philly's 2nd 4th round pick. They currently hold their own, Minnesota's, and New England's. So depending on how these teams all finish we get the 2nd highest pick among those 4ths.

I understand that old adage that "if you listen to the fans, you're gonna end up sitting with them," but I gotta say, I've been on a number of opposing team fans forums and the general consensus is that Philly stole Jay and why didn't their teams get in on it. A number of "commentators" feel the same way.

I also am aware that there might have been extenuating circumstances resulting in his trading, BUT come on now, I can't believe that a run hungry team would not have at least ponied up a 3rd, or a 4th and a player or another draft pick. I wouldn't trust "Trader Mike" to negotiate a parking ticket, let alone a player transaction.

The problem with the evaluations you referenced is that the Dolphins were not negotiating from a position of strength. Gase decided Ajayi was hurting the team and needed to go. Once that decision was made, it was release or trade. A 4th looks pretty good compared to no value.

The Eagles had three 4th round picks pre-trade, so the condition is that our pick going to be whatever pick ends up being Philly's 2nd 4th round pick. They currently hold their own, Minnesota's, and New England's. So depending on how these teams all finish we get the 2nd highest pick among those 4ths.

thanks for the scoop....so basically a very late borderline 5th rounder regardless

I like Bo, and listen to every episode of the Audible. But he is still on the Dolphins payroll - I imagine a lot of the PR guys there will be trying to come up with excuses for the trade as this was a very divisive decision. A lot of complaints, such as this crap about always looking to hit the home run, are being repeated by a lot of people as if they're indelible truths when really no one was saying that before last week.
By all accounts he was putting a lot of time in to improve parts of his game, including pass catching, to be a better all-round back. That doesn't sound very diva-ish.

Maybe Gase was annoyed about him starting up his own fashion label? I can see that annoying him if he felt that he wasn't putting enough time into preparing for the games. Though considering how short a career he's expected to have, which could very well mean he doesn't get a second contract, you can't blame him for trying to make his money now. The Dolphins 5th round rookie contract wasn't going to make him rich.

On the field though, we knew teams were stacking the box to stop Jay and force us to pass. Now they don't need to stack the box. Neither Drake nor Williams saw enough playing time to suggest that they would be an upgrade to Ajayi. That might mean that the RB's will have an easier time of it now, or it probably means that our awful passing game will have a tougher time of it. Can we actually get any worse?

As with all these things, time will tell. If the offence doesnt improve for the rest of the season, then Gase is out of excuses.

Everything he said...I have noticed.

It was obvious...as it was obvious they tried to run an offense that suited Ajayi, it wasn't working.

I like the move overall...and I was the one who started a thread Ajayi before his draft.

Running backs have short careers...especially when they have bone on bone and take alot of contact.

The fact that he didn't block well or catch well may it the right decision.

Maybe Gase was annoyed about him starting up his own fashion label? I can see that annoying him if he felt that he wasn't putting enough time into preparing for the games. Though considering how short a career he's expected to have, which could very well mean he doesn't get a second contract, you can't blame him for trying to

I won't repeat things that were posted in VIP, which are damning, but I will repeat something that I have heard elsewhere:

Ajayi walked off the field during the Jets game -- after the Stills touchdown that tied the game -- because he was upset that he wasn't getting enough carries. Never mind that he had over 20 carries in the game for about 50 yards, he had a meltdown and stormed off the sideline while the team was in the midst of a ridiculous 4th quarter comeback because HE WASN'T GETTING TOUCHES. That's the kind of 'attitude' problem Jay Ajayi had. Nothing to do with his fashion label or whatever.

The guy went full retard.

I won't repeat things that were posted in VIP, which are damning, but I will repeat something that I have heard elsewhere:

Ajayi walked off the field during the Jets game -- after the Stills touchdown that tied the game -- because he was upset that he wasn't getting enough carries. Never mind that he had over 20 carries in the game for about 50 yards, he had a meltdown and stormed off the sideline while the team was in the midst of a ridiculous 4th quarter comeback because HE WASN'T GETTING TOUCHES. That's the kind of 'attitude' problem Jay Ajayi had. Nothing to do with his fashion label or whatever.

upload_2017-11-1_12-9-32.jpeg

It didn't last long, he was back out for the next series. And the final game winning one, including getting the 5 yards or so right in the middle of the sticks to make the FG a bit easier.

It didn't last long, he was back out for the next series. And the final game winning one, including getting the 5 yards or so right in the middle of the sticks to make the FG a bit easier.

You were posting as if his 'attitude problem' had something to do with him having a fashion label or some other non-football thing. Not at all. His attitude problem was directly related to the way he acted on the field and in the film room, as well as the words he used in defense of his actions.

There's a reason why Jarvis Landry is still on the team despite the fact that he's running routes wrong sometimes and trying for home runs to the frustration of the coaching staff. Landry is still a team player who cares most about winning and is willing to be coached.

You were posting as if his 'attitude problem' had something to do with him having a fashion label or some other non-football thing. Not at all. His attitude problem was directly related to the way he acted on the field and in the film room, as well as the words he used in defense of his actions.

There's a reason why Jarvis Landry is still on the team despite the fact that he's running routes wrong sometimes and trying for home runs to the frustration of the coaching staff. Landry is still a team player who cares most about winning and is willing to be coached.

Yes, in reference to Gase's comments that he didn't put the work in outside of the facility. Do we know that he did have a meltdown after Stills TD? Did he storm off the field, and storm back on a couple of minutes later? I can't see anything on the broadcast or coaches film, he's hit during the play, gets up and it looks like he starts jogging to the end zone. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but where can we see it?

And my only real counter here would be do you think Ajayi with tanny here averages that same 3.6 per?

Consider that tanny threw the ball at a full 2 yards per attempt clip over these current qb options

The difference between 5 and 7.5 effects more than just the pass game

Yeah he would.
He had 5 games under 3ypc. Another 2 games 3-3.7ypc.

a) Without his 200-yard games (3) and the 100-yards game he averaged in 12 games 3.5ypc. With Ryan 3.6ypc
b) With the 100-yard game it was 3.6ypc in 13 games and with just Ryan it was 3.7ypc

J Trains numbers are skewed by his three 200-yard games (two with Ryan and one with Matt).

For what it is worth in 2015 his YPC was 3.8.

you can't remove 700 yards in a ypc that's like removing 2k yards in a qbs ypa

It was supposedly confirmed by Peter Schrager on a satellite radio broadcast, but I don't pay those racketeers so I didn't hear it
Yeah he would.
He had 5 games under 3ypc. Another 2 games 3-3.7ypc.

a) Without his 200-yard games (3) and the 100-yards game he averaged in 12 games 3.5ypc. With Ryan 3.6ypc
b) With the 100-yard game it was 3.6ypc in 13 games and with just Ryan it was 3.7ypc

J Trains numbers are skewed by his three 200-yard games (two with Ryan and one with Matt).

For what it is worth in 2015 his YPC was 3.8.

Rex Ryan's shitty, undisciplined defense made him a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom