Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically this offense is missing 3 yards on a snap by snap basis without #17

2 yards per or more even in the passing game attempt wise and a full yard in the running game from ajayi the lead back to date

not surprising this offense is where it is

only jay cutler can right this ship

So is this a confirmed conditional pick? I thought the Eagles didn't have a second or third round pick. If this is a conditional pick that could turn into a second or third round pick, then my entire stance on the trade changes.

Philly has multiple 4th round picks so the pick most likely stays in the 4th round but get higher or lower in that round

I saw a tweet today suggesting that week ago Ajayi asked for an extension and Miami said no. From that point on Ajayi had been angry and creating drama. Take it for what it's worth.

I won't repeat things that were posted in VIP, which are damning, but I will repeat something that I have heard elsewhere:

Ajayi walked off the field during the Jets game -- after the Stills touchdown that tied the game -- because he was upset that he wasn't getting enough carries. Never mind that he had over 20 carries in the game for about 50 yards, he had a meltdown and stormed off the sideline while the team was in the midst of a ridiculous 4th quarter comeback because HE WASN'T GETTING TOUCHES. That's the kind of 'attitude' problem Jay Ajayi had. Nothing to do with his fashion label or whatever.

The guy went full retard.

Yet Gase gets blasted for pulling Jay during a game when in fact he was leaving the field on his own.

"It was supposedly confirmed by Peter Schrager on a satellite radio broadcast, but I don't pay those racketeers so I didn't hear it!"
Apologies, I dont know how to quote over two pages. But this is exactly my point - suddenly posters are vilifying him, 'cancer' in the locker room. Based on hearsay. The gametape doesn't show this.

Yet Gase gets blasted for pulling Jay during a game when in fact he was leaving the field on his own.

Exactly my point. He was on the pitch for the subsequent two series of the game, one of which was the drive to get the winning field goal. If he had stormed off into the locker room, there's no chance Gase would've put him back on the pitch. In fact, when was Gase blasted for pulling him? Other than one series after a fumble, when was he pulled from any of the games this year?

Here's proof:

I find it amazing that there's been a sudden character assassination. If we're going to go all out and compare him with freaking CANCER, how about we have some proof.

Attachments

• ajayinotpulled.png
    ajayinotpulled.png
    512 KB · Views: 37
"It was supposedly confirmed by Peter Schrager on a satellite radio broadcast, but I don't pay those racketeers so I didn't hear it!"
Apologies, I dont know how to quote over two pages. But this is exactly my point - suddenly posters are vilifying him, 'cancer' in the locker room. Based on hearsay. The gametape doesn't show this.

Exactly my point. He was on the pitch for the subsequent two series of the game, one of which was the drive to get the winning field goal. If he had stormed off into the locker room, there's no chance Gase would've put him back on the pitch. In fact, when was Gase blasted for pulling him? Other than one series after a fumble, when was he pulled from any of the games this year?

Here's proof:

I find it amazing that there's been a sudden character assassination. If we're going to go all out and compare him with freaking CANCER, how about we have some proof.

That doesnt always mean pulled for the rest of the game.

I'm not vilifying the guy, but we know he had issues last season, and we approved of the way the coach handled those issues.

I approve of the way the coach handled it again this season, based on everything I have heard, and I have heard a lot, from multiple sources.

Also, the sideline blowup incident was apparently also mentioned on Good Morning Football today or yesterday, so go see if you can find a copy of that. Again, I'm not making this stuff up. I liked the physical presence Ajayi brought to the team, he is a heck of a talent, and I think his combination of breakaway speed + tackle breaking is something that's going to be really hard to replace.

But... the guy had some issues here.

That’s an obvious reflection of the qb play. An additional defender unaccounted for in the box and still unable to exploit it

Excellent point a great example of that was last years Rams.

2016 Todd Gurley 3.2 yards a carry, Jared Goff 5.3 Y/A everybody called Gurley a bust despite the numerous ten man boxes due to Goff's inability to make plays in the passing game.

2017 Todd Gurley 4.8 yards a carry, Jared Goff 7.7 Y/A Like u said even an elite back can look like trash if the QB can't take advantage of 9/10 man fronts, but I must say McVay must have some elite spacing and vertical concepts because Goff's still sucks on intermediate throws.

I will say based on my eyes Ajayi was more explosive last year, I don't think any rb in the NFL got downhill faster and he had one the best jump cuts in the league, so the knees maybe a real issue, but either way you can't let that level of rb go for a late 4th rounder.

Conditional? What the heck

The 2018 fourth round pick that Miami will acquire for Ajayi likely will be a low pick, in the high 130s or low 140s. The Eagles own Minnesota's, New England's and their own fourth rounder and Miami will get the middle of those three picks. That's probably going to be a low pick considering all three teams have three of the five best records in the league.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article182150556.html

So there you have it.

It was supposedly confirmed by Peter Schrager on a satellite radio broadcast, but I don't pay those racketeers so I didn't hear it

Rex Ryan's ****ty, undisciplined defense made him a star.
That was my point. But it went over someones head. The 200 yard games were a complete aberration. He is a 3.5 ypc runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom