Al MVP Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Al MVP Thread

GreenMonster said:
Sad a player can win the MVP when, yet fans would loath with the MVP up to bat in a big spot of a big game. I guess all those HR's and RBI's when the Yanks are up 5 count for something though, an MVP...

Hey do you think that those fans will be chantting M-V-P M-V-P in Arod's first at bat at Yankee Stadium in 2006?

I could care less who wins the MVP. Give it to Papi, I could care less. The only thing that matters to me is if the Yankees win the championship or not and this year they didn't so to me A-Rod's season was a failure!

Ray Finkle said:
Hey do you think that those fans will be chantting M-V-P M-V-P in Arod's first at bat at Yankee Stadium in 2006?

That is a great thought.. The love the Yanks fans give the guy is off the charts..

Ray Finkle said:

I hope so but hopefully he's in a road greay unifrom and not in pinstripes :D

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I could care less who wins the MVP. Give it to Papi, I could care less. The only thing that matters to me is if the Yankees win the championship or not and this year they didn't so to me A-Rod's season was a failure!

And they won't next year either..

And as far as you not caring.. that's about as blatant a lie that has ever spewed from your keyboard. If Ortiz does win it (he should) you'll play it off like you don't care. However, you'll be in your room :cry: and throwing up like Tom Gordon in the playoffs!

nyjunc said:
I hope so but hopefully he's in a road greay unifrom and not in pinstripes :D

Without the Yanks paying atleast 10million, can any team other than the RedSox take this guy of the Yanks.. He will never play for the Sox, but could/would a team like the Dodgers or Mets take this guy at 25mil a year...?

GreenMonster said:
Without the Yanks paying atleast 10million, can any team other than the RedSox take this guy of the Yanks.. He will never play for the Sox, but could/would a team like the Dodgers or Mets take this guy at 25mil a year...?

The Mets could combine Beltran and Pedro to get him, but they won't. Plenty of deals could be made, but none will. I won't say the Yanks are stuck with A-Rod because he's a great player, but he's yet to prove himself a winner.

GreenMonster said:

I think tex is already paying $10 mil a year(at least in the short term) but I don't think the yanks have any thoughts of moving him.

The Yankees only took on 7 years and 112 million of A-Rod's contract, Texas owes the rest. A-Rod is very tradeable but the Yankees won't trade him (and shouldn't). I'm as pissed as any other Yankees fan about his peformance in the playoffs but with that said, it's going to be tough to find a better player to replace him at third!

Back
Top Bottom