Al MVP Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Al MVP Thread

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Finkle, I don't care what stats that crap sports station you have up there put on, Ortiz doesn't carry Ruth's jockstrap. As far as the MVP is concerned, Ortiz can have it. It seems like Red Sox fans were more obsessed with him winning the MVP then they were with winning the AL East. He can have the award, A-Rod will have his ring this year!

Dude I agree with Ortiz not being able to carry Ruth's jock. All I said was it that those 2 were being compared (I honestly forget what it was, it could have been weight for all I remember). Don't kill the messenger. Again I didn't say Ortiz and Ruth should be compared.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Finkle, I don't care what stats that crap sports station you have up there put on, Ortiz doesn't carry Ruth's jockstrap. As far as the MVP is concerned, Ortiz can have it. It seems like Red Sox fans were more obsessed with him winning the MVP then they were with winning the AL East. He can have the award, A-Rod will have his ring this year!

True, take the award if it helps ya sleep at night.

But how can you JUSTIFY giving Ortiz the award when Manny has 3 less HR's and 6 less RBI's............AND PLAYS THE FIELD! And took a mini-vacation during the season and some games off????!!??

It makes no friggin sense on any level. I know I know...."clutch". We are now giving out season long awards on a handful of "clutch" hits. Those hits in last years ALDS and ALCS don't count for the 2005 MVP, I hope everyone knows that! :shakeno:

I got no problem with Ortiz and being in the debate of MVP. But this, just hand it to him makes no friggin sense on any level. You got a gold glove 3rd basemen who leads the league in HR's,has over 20 stolen baes, and went 4-5 in a game which won his team the AL East and somehow he is just being dismissed. It's amazing.

I dont' care what Gammons said (he is a Boston homer). I go with a Tom Verduicci of SI who doesn't have a horse in the race and is totally objective and knows his baseball and sportswriters when HE says its isn't even close A-Rod wins in a walk. Maybe he doesn't win in a walk, but he wins.

If Red Sox fans want the award that bad, friggin take it. Is it that important?

Ortiz is MVP over A-Rod. OK, next your gonna start telling me Schilling is a hall of fame pitcher? :shakeno:

This is how i see it, arod and ortiz are pretty much the same at the bat, ortiz a little better, but Arod saved many games in the field, That one game in the top of the 9th when the Blue Jays was playing the yanks with 2 outs and yanks were winning 1-0 i forget who hit a nice shot that could of scored 2 runs and arod made a GREAT play to end the game, thats just 1 of many games arod helped the yankees win, and Finfaninpats land u said that Ortiz is more liked in the clubhouse. well that means nothing, no one is goona vote Ortiz just cause hes most like, if that was true then barry bonds would of never won a MVP

MikeO said:
I dont' care what Gammons said (he is a Boston homer). I go with a Tom Verduicci of SI who doesn't have a horse in the race and is totally objective and knows his baseball and sportswriters when HE says its isn't even close A-Rod wins in a walk. Maybe he doesn't win in a walk, but he wins.

Hey in my book Gammons has about as much credibility as Michael Kay does.

Ray Finkle said:
Hey in my book Gammons has about as much credibility as Michael Kay does.

Well your really lost then. Kay is a schill to the 10th degree for the YES network and Yanks. He has zero credibility

Gammons has some credibility, but when it comes to his Sox, he doesn't.

MikeO said:
Well your really lost then. Kay is a schill to the 10th degree for the YES network and Yanks. He has zero credibility

Gammons has some credibility, but when it comes to his Sox, he doesn't.

In my opinion Gammons and all his insider articles are just a bunch of BS. I actually think GMs give him misinformation on purpose. Seriously when was the last time Gammons got a trade right? And now he's saying the Sox tried to trade Manny for Beltran? I'm very curious to know where he pulled that one out of. He made it seem like it was common knowledge.

Ray Finkle said:
In my opinion Gammons and all his insider articles are just a bunch of BS. I actually think GMs give him misinformation on purpose. Seriously when was the last time Gammons got a trade right? And now he's saying the Sox tried to trade Manny for Beltran? I'm very curious to know where he pulled that one out of. He made it seem like it was common knowledge.

The Manny for Beltran deal almost went down. Where have you been? EVERYONE reported that one.

That was a story broken by the Daily News actually. But everyone picked it up after them and was reporting it.

It still might go down in the offseason if Damon holds the Red Sox hostage.

MikeO said:
The Manny for Beltran deal almost went down. Where have you been? EVERYONE reported that one.

That was a story broken by the Daily News actually. But everyone picked it up after them and was reporting it.

It still might go down in the offseason if Damon holds the Red Sox hostage.

Was this around the trading deadline or 2 months after like when Gammons first started talking about it?

Ray Finkle said:
Was this around the trading deadline or 2 months after like when Gammons first started talking about it?

trading deadline. Final 2 days of it.

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?????????

MikeO said:
trading deadline. Final 2 days of it.

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?????????

I couldn't tell you. The first time I heard of it was when Gammons reported it in mid August. My bad then. I thought it was Manny for Cameron, Milledge and Heilmen then trading Heilman, Milledge, Hanley and Sanchez to Tampa Bay for Huff and Baez and giving the Mets Baez.

Tom Veriduicci said AROD is the MVP and thats final.. I am still trying to figure how Eck won the MVP, I mean he hardly played the field and as far I know he didn't run the bases. Maybe he was the most valueable part of his team even though he only played in 69 games. Does the "daily grind" not count for pitchers..

GreenMonster said:
Tom Veriduicci said AROD is the MVP and thats final.. I am still trying to figure how Eck won the MVP, I mean he hardly played the field and as far I know he didn't run the bases. Maybe he was the most valueable part of his team even though he only played in 69 games. Does the "daily grind" not count for pitchers..

1) You look at the year he won it in. If no everyday player had a good MVP year then you look to pitchers.

2) Eck had the greatest year in the history of the sport for a closer. Period. No debate.

Apparently a few sport writers have left Ortiz completely off of the MVP ballot, according to Buster Olney. It's complete BS and those writers should probably get their voting rights suspended. It looks like Arod is going to win it.

Ray Finkle said:
Apparently a few sport writers have left Ortiz completely off of the MVP ballot, according to Buster Olney. It's complete BS and those writers should probably get their voting rights suspended. It looks like Arod is going to win it.

Sad a player can win the MVP when, yet fans would loath with the MVP up to bat in a big spot of a big game. I guess all those HR's and RBI's when the Yanks are up 5 count for something though, an MVP...

Back
Top Bottom